Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > which harness to use?
Callie NPC,- DBE, STCH,- LP1, CR

100% pure Love- Sponge Attention- Hound!

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 11:37pm PST 
I would suggest trying a Premier Sure-Fit harness. Properly fitted, it should be escape proof.

And if this is the harness you're using:
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/larg e/January05/lg_55571_41b11.jpg

I'm not surprised you're getting out of it so easily. My kitty brother had several and could get out of one within 2 minutes and one within 30 seconds. Figure 8 harnesses really are not the greatest design, let's just say.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 6:08 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Yankee Doggies, is it true??

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 11:20pm PST 
I eat sweet potatoes whenever I can get some!
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 1:39 pm

Behavior & Training > which harness to use?

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 8:00pm PST 
What kinds of harness have you tried?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 6:08 pm

Food & Nutrition > The Best Dog food

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 7:55pm PST 
Wexford - Natural Balance canned food was part of the recall. The dry food was supposedly not affected, but I'm not sure I'd trust them for a while anyway.

Flint River Ranch seems to be a pretty good company, too. Their official site is at http://www.frrco.com/ if you want to take a look. I got some samples recently and Callie thinks the dry food is training treats, they're so yummy! Other than that, definitely recommend Canidae from personal experience - again, Callie will take the kibble as treats and she does very well on their Lamb & Rice formula. (No processed poultry for her - her tummy doesn't like it.)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 29 6:45 am

Food & Nutrition > Trouble Adjusting

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 7:41pm PST 
Would they be willing to special-order the Small Bites for you? Most pet stores are willing to order something like that if it's from a brand they already carry.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 29 2:03 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Guess what I breed I am

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 7:18pm PST 
Where'd they come up with the Great Dane? All I see is Lab and Catahoula. As for Bluetick Coonhound...could be in there too, but most likely no one will ever know unless you have the coonhound singing voice like I do!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 7:35 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Possibly a stupid potty question

Barked: Sun May 27, '07 11:20pm PST 
I would say it's probably the food - she's digesting more of it, so less is coming out as waste. As long as she doesn't seem to be constipated or in pain, I wouldn't worry too much. Might be a good idea to check with your vet just in case, though.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 30 5:24 am

Food & Nutrition > What Kibble Do You Feed?

Barked: Sun May 27, '07 10:53pm PST 
I would second the gradual change, but 7 days may be too quick for some dogs - when Callie was switching to Canidae, we did it over about a month (in part because we still had a fair amount of the Nutro, in part to avoid any tummy issues) She never had any issues. (On the other hand, she has a stomach of iron for anything without chicken, as evidenced by her diet over the last few days - a wax crayon, three corners off a vide0tape case, and the grass she finds so tasty...)
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 7:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Stranger gives me advice on how to handle my dog

Barked: Tue May 22, '07 11:34pm PST 
I completely agree. Callie cannot be off leash AT ALL in the spring and summer because she will try to chase every rabbit or squirrel that catches her eye. She does have some street sense (refuses to cross if she hears something coming, even if I don't hear or see anything and tell her it's OK to cross) but otherwise, if she's out so is her leash. I only make an exception if we're playing fetch in the back yard, but then she has the 40 foot long line attached to her collar for me to grab - and we have a rule that if I have to go get either her or the ball, that ends the game and we both go inside. Not all dogs can handle being off leash, and keeping your dog leashed has the added benefit of making sure you know where your dog goes potty and where you have to pick up afterwards.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 24 12:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?

Barked: Tue May 22, '07 11:16pm PST 
Callie:
Adoption fee - $100
Vet fees to date - $200
Equipment, supplies, food, toys. treats, bells, whistles - let's not go there big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh
Tail wags, head butts, armpit kisses, friendship and snuggles - PRICELESS!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 280 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 7:51 pm

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.