Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Shiba Inu > Heya, I\'m the new guy!
Kino

King of the- sofa..when mom's- not looking

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 12:17am PST 
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Mom has been lurking around reading and getting to know all of you. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 12:17 am

Shiba Inu > How did you choose your shiba's name?
Kino

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 11:55pm PST 
I got my name after mom spent several days (yes, days) looking at websites with stuff about Japanese names on them. She wanted something unique, simple, and fun to say. She didn't even care about the mind-numbing hours of research, because she was looking for the right one, and she wasn't going to settle on just anything .

Finally, she came across Kino, which isn't exactly a name, but a surname (a family name, or last name, like Smith - which was originally derived from the occupation of a blacksmith)

"Ki" in Japanese means "tree" or "wood", and "No" means "field" or "wilderness" although, when the two are used together; as in "Kino", it becomes a surname, and is no longer recognized as the literal translation of "tree field".

Mom thought it was appropriate since "shiba" means "brushwood" (also meaning "little" or "small") and"tree"/"wood" meant almost the same thing... well, that, and because I'm just plain old awesome enough to warrant having my own last name. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 5:09 am

Shiba Inu > Keep your paws crossed

Kino

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 10:39am PST 
Tell her I said good luck! I hope she gets a great job and makes lots of money!
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 11:05 am

Kino

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 12:11am PST 
Thank you!
Mom finally decided on a name for me - it's Kino! happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 12:17 am

Shiba Inu > Hi, I\'m new here.

Kino

Barked: Sun Nov 23, '08 10:12pm PST 
Heya Miso!
Welcome, from a fellow new member!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 6:26 am

Kino

Barked: Sun Nov 23, '08 9:58pm PST 
Thank you for your replies! Mom's been Googling those Japanese names all day, ha ha! She will find something soon, I'm sure.

Wow, I can tell from reading the posts on here that I am in very good company! I think all Shiba parents must come from championship bloodlines cuz they are intelligent, creative, caring individuals who obviously have high standards when it comes to canine companionship. way to go

I sure am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 12:17 am

Kino

Barked: Sun Nov 23, '08 9:13pm PST 
Hello everyone!

I'm a year-and-a-half-old male Shiba Inu who was recently adopted by my family, so I'm new to Dogster, but my brothers have been members for a while.

I couldn't stay with my old family because they had to move and I couldn't go with them. I was lucky enough to find a new home before I ever saw the inside of a shelter.

My new mom has some experience with lots of different breeds because she used to foster, but she's never had a Shiba Inu before. She did some research and knows I can be difficult at times, but she's pretty stubborn, too, and she promised to take good care of me. (I think she's already in love with me, but don't tell her I said so)

I'm happy to say we've been getting along great so far!

Mom and dad haven't named me yet. Guess they can't find anything suitable for my obvious royalty... Does anyone have any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 12:17 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dog Liscense

Apollo

Got treats?

Barked: Sat May 27, '06 3:17pm PST 
I'm in south-central PA and the fee to license a neutered/spayed dog is $6.00 and an unaltered dog is $8.00. It's cheaper for elderly or disabled people by 2 bucks either way. Personally I think they should raise the unaltered dog fee because it might discourage people from being BYB's. In case you haven't heard, PA is like, in the top 5 states for puppymills. It's sad.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 9:34 pm

Who's Feeling Silly? > True or False Game!

Apollo

Got treats?

Barked: Tue Apr 4, '06 9:05pm PST 
False. Mom doesn't let me do that - she's no fun. But I do get away with eating lots of other nasty stuff when she's not looking!

Do you spin around in circles when you're really excited?
[notify]
» There has since been 3756 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 4:19 pm

Who's Feeling Silly? > True or False Game!
Apollo

Got treats?

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 5:09pm PST 
True, but only after mom makes me sit and take it real nice.

Do you drool when you watch the people eat?
[notify]
» There has since been 3783 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 4:19 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.