Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 101: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > advice on caring for wounded dog (in 3rd world)
Max

Leisure Dog- Extraordinare!

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 2:49pm PST 
Poor little Sponge!

Yes, it's possible that the urinating on her bed was from the sedation. Two of my foster dogs wet the bed after being fixed as a result of the anesthesia.

If it were me, I'd keep the wounds & stiches dry rather than clean them just now. Hopefully the antibiotic will help her fight off any nasty organisms that are on them.

I'm no expert, but I think not eating might slow down her digestive system. I'd keep feeding her if she's hungry & take her out regularly, just as you have been. Seems like eventually she'll have to go. Was the vet concerned about the amount of time that it's been since she's gone?

Good luck to Sponge. I hope she gets better soon! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 10:42 am

Puppy Place > What is Bella??
Clifford

The Big Red(ish)- Dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 4:00pm PST 
I think she looks a lot like a Great Pyrenees pup (maybe mixed with something?). That would also explain the double dew claws. She's beautiful!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 28 10:50 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Would it work?

Max

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 5:05pm PST 
Trixie - I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been on in a while & just saw it. Ridgebacks are not known for same-sex aggression. In fact, I know many people who have more than one male & they do just fine.

That being said - I have always thought the male/female combination works the best, too.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 2 7:19 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What breeds do you think Riley is?

Max

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 4:58pm PST 
He does look a lot like a Ridgeback, maybe mixed with Lab. That whitening of the face is very common in older Ridgies. Max is starting to get some. Makes him look distinguished!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 5:31 pm

Puppy Place > PUPPIES

Max

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 1:15pm PST 
Oh my gosh, those are all so cute! I'm getting serious puppy fever. shock
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 12:24 am

Puppy Place > PUPPIES
Max

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 1:12pm PST 
Here's one for all of the Labrador lovers (or just puppy lovers in general!)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7fErOQsh4
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 12:24 am

Puppy Place > PUPPIES

Max

Barked: Thu Sep 2, '10 2:23pm PST 
This one's really cute! It should be required watching for anyone considering breeding Ridgebacks - or owning more than one puppy at a time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDjT5oORAs
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 12:24 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Crying my eyes out- need someone to talk to.

Max

Barked: Thu Jun 24, '10 1:02pm PST 
I'm so sorry that happened. cry There's no way to know whether Jindal would have lived or not. As much as you wanted to help him, you might not have been able to save him anyway. He's not suffering any more, and that's good. hughug

I think that Parvo can live in your house for quite some time, so you might think about waiting for 6 months before fostering a puppy or unvaccinated dog again. I'm sure your adult dogs will be fine, though. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 2:45 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Mom is excited, Lola not sure

Clifford

The Big Red(ish)- Dog!

Barked: Tue Jun 22, '10 5:13pm PST 
I think it's wonderful that you're fostering! I fostered for Desert Labrador Rescue for a couple of years, and it was the most rewarding experience. Challenging sometime, yes, as most of the fosters were young dogs - but very rewarding.

You might take Hoss & Lola for a bit of a walk together once they meet for a few seconds at the green area. Sometimes that helps calm things if the initial intro is overly excited. Sounds like you're prepared, though. Hope everything goes well! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 6:57 pm

Raw Food Diet > Irritability During Transition?
Clifford

The Big Red(ish)- Dog!

Barked: Sat Jun 19, '10 12:40pm PST 
I never thought about sugar withdrawal, Meridian, but that makes so much sense! Thank you!

He's feeling better, and the irritability is only occasional now. And the heat surely isn't helping. He's inside in the A/C 95% of the time, but he heats up fast & cools down slow. It also cust down on our ball playing. It's not humid, but it's scorching in the sun & neither of us likes to stand outside when it's like that. Even Cliff will quit after a few throws!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 19 1:00 pm

(Page 1 of 101: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.