Postings by Ruffian's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 331: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Kind of OT: Demodex and Homeopathic Treatment
Ruffian

Newest Project- "Sprinkles"

Barked: Mon Aug 11, '08 8:02am PST 
Yes, Baloo she has been seen by a vet and verified that there were no secondary infections, which she had thought at first too! shrug

Thanks Domino, I'll pass the info along to her! way to go

Santana, right now she is so weakened by treatments that she has had in the past to 'clear up' her demodex that kept coming back that an agressive traditional method of treating her could very well kill her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 3:43pm PST 
Oh...I get it now! Thanks for explaining it more in depth...and in layman's terms! Bol! I use some homeopathy on myself too but only for one thing.

I hear he charges way more than Magda too! shock
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 2:58pm PST 
Yeah, a skin scraping was done & it's demodex all right. And none of her other 3 dogs have it. She is missing a LOT of hair!! I visit her often because I'm the only one she comes out of her kennel to greet. I figure it's just like a sick person in the hospital, it's nice to have someone you like visit you. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 10:40am PST 
shrug I have NO idea what you just said Sumer! Bol!!!big laughbig laughbig laughwink

I haven't read anything by him but I know he is treating one of her dogs Addison’s disease and when she mentioned about weight gain and a possible thyroid issue he said he wanted to get his adrenals working properly first before tackling the thyroid issue.

Her Demodex dog is going through a 'health crisis' and has been for several weeks now. (she has been oozing and has bloody spots and has lost a lot of hair) He told her this was Poppy's (the dog) way taking care of all the prior aggressive treatments she had (while not in her care) to suppress the symptoms.

Did that make any sense? (I have been up since 3:45am this morning cause I couldn't sleep and my mind is all garbled! How's it goin Summer?!)
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 7:55am PST 
Yep! That was him! I figured it would get lost in the Health forum and I know a lot of us raw feeders use Homeopathic instead of traditional. (although it is a little $$$ for me) wink
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 7:37am PST 
I have a friend who is treating her dog's Demodex Homeopathically (through a renouned vet who who is the author of a known book...can't remember it though...His last name starts with a 'P')

I was wondering if anyone else has had or knows someone who has had sucess treating demodex this way. Can we expect most of her hair to grow back?
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by SANTANA, Aug 11 10:43 am

Behavior & Training > Dog or wolf?

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 4:58pm PST 
That doesn't look like a coyote to me thinking
Coyotes in MN: www.dnr.state.mn.us/snapshots/mammals/coyote.html

Wolves in MN: www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/wolves/mgmt.html
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nadiya KC Dog Advocates, Jul 4 5:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Underweight?

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 4:42pm PST 
Pork is supposed to have a higher fat content if you want to try that, looks a fine weight if you ask me! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by The Black and Tan Clan, Jul 4 4:54 pm

Raw Food Diet > raw food???

Ruffian

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 4:39pm PST 
www.raw4dogs.com/calculate.htm

Feed closer to 2-3% if you want to loose weight way to go It's just an aid, you don't have to stick to it
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Daemion, Jul 4 5:46 pm

Raw Food Diet > Do you guys eat/feed pork?
Ruffian

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 4:25pm PST 
trichinosis is more of a concern in wild boar and other 'wild' pork meat, because the pork you get at the grocery store is human grade that probably isn't much of a chance your dog/cats will get it. shrug

I ate wild boar last year and I'm still kickin! And I LOVED pork!!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Georgia's Summer Breeze , Jul 7 1:52 pm

(Page 1 of 331: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.