Postings by Taco's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 283: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > is it safe?
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 6:02pm PST 
Hearthworm tablets last for 45 days. They make you give your dog once a month because it's easier to remember. You can go out and have some fun.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taco, Aug 4 6:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Input on food please?
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 1:19pm PST 
Solid gold is a good food. I don't know much about the grain free in the one you are using tho. If you read the ingredients you will find things like corn, soy, potatoe, millet and others. There's some dogs that do well on non grain free food. If your dog is doing well on this food I'd stick to it.
I have 6 dogs and I feed 3 different type of food according to their need. Some have grain free and some have with grains. You go with what works for you. I think you made a great choice.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nikki, Aug 5 5:53 am

Dog Health > Inside Dog vs. Outside Dog?

Hank -TD

I can burp- better than you

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 1:12pm PST 
I am not against dogs living outside but under certain circumstances.
I do have dogs that live outside. Not by my choice but for their health. The dogs that are outside are Pyrenees. They are from a shelter and were raised outside. They don't like being inside. They pace, are restless and want out. I have tried. Now we manage to have them out but taking care of them well. A thing that turned into their favor is that we made LGD's out of them. They have to keep the coyotes away from the horses. They love their job so they are busy. They also come in the house once in a while to keep their housebreaking up to date and to cuddle with us. On very cold winter time they sleep in the house by the door where it's colder. They also do multiple things like pet therapy, agility and tracking.

I think that dogs that live outside can fare well as long as their humans are commited to be there for them. If you can have two that lives outside that's even better. Good quality food and increased vet care is a must as these dogs are out in the elements. You have to be even more aware of the poo they do, quantity of food they take and water. It's a lot of work to have outside dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Aug 6 5:40 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Otto needs a new home! (Atlanta)

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 9:09pm PST 
I agree with fantastic four. Fostering doesn't harm the dogs. It's not worst than people that have their dog getting doggy sat. It's actualy the best way in making the transition between the new home from the old home. I would go to a rescue.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taco, Aug 3 9:09 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Mom need help deciding.

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 9:02pm PST 
I would really think of trying to make things works with both. You have to consider that your dog is a senior and that seniors doesn't fare well in new environements. They can take a year and over to get used to their new place. If you don't have to do it please don't. I don't think I would let a guy decide whether I keep or not my dogs. If my boyfriend was to no like or my dog to not like my boyfriend I'd get rid of the boyfriend. I know I would because one already asked me to choose between him and my pets because he was alergic to them. Well I choosed the pets over him and I broke up with him no longer after this.
Consider any option you have.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Henry in loving memory 7/20/08, Aug 10 5:26 pm

Behavior & Training > 4 Month old scared of other dogs!
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 7:53pm PST 
You have to introduce other dogs to her gradualy and not in a dog park. Go slowly with new friendly dogs. There's some meetup groups that people make up that you can attend with your dog. There's might be puppy groups available too.
I hope this help.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bubbles (Adopted!), Aug 3 8:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Emma\'s going back to the Humane Society

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 7:46pm PST 
I might be wrong but I think your dogs are fighting over the alpha dog position. They must feel Adrienne slowing down. Adrienne must have somewhat protected Nikki to be second and now that's she's slowing down Emma have the door slightly opened for her to cimb to the top. Her way to get there is to beat Nikki in her position. This is my understanding of the situation.
You will need a behaviorist more than obedience lessons to deal with this. And if you find one that could be lots of work to be done on all three dogs.
Best of luck in any of your decision.
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by Cracker, Nov 24 6:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Grain-free question

Buddy

Until there's- none rescue one

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 7:26pm PST 
My senior is on Eagle Pack Hollistic Fish because he as alergies. Have you tried Orijen? They have a fish version that could be good for your dog. Also another option might be to go raw. One thing I have learn in allergies in cats and dogs is to try to isolate the culprit ingredient. Also a new food might take 8 to 12 weeks to kick in. The previous effects of allergies are from the previous food but its also possible that your dog is allergic to the current food. It's hard to tell until you isolate the ingredients.
With prepared raw feeding you don't need to worry about the vitamins and to warm up the food. It come handi in patties and you thaw them in the fridge until the next meal.
I hope this helped.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Lily 11/17/2005 - 6/2/2014, Aug 7 9:37 pm

Sports & Agility > Sled Dog Handler: My Perspective

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 10:39pm PST 
Really great!
I have started ski joring with Taco and now I want to put the pyrs to use. I just don't seem to have enough time. Too many things to be done with dogs!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bridger, Sep 12 1:13 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Help
Hank -TD

I can burp- better than you

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 9:34pm PST 
Great Pyrenees

How Tall? mid thigh
How Heavey? 100 pound +
Can they fit under a airplane seat?? Not a chance!
Energetic? Not really but they still need regular exercise.
Dig? A lot!
Shed? A lot
Lots of Grooming? Need a good regular brushing but baths are to be avoided over twice per year.
Good with kids? yes
Jogging companion? no

Chinese Crested

How Tall? 10 inches about
How Heavey? 14 pounds
Can they fit under a airplane seat?? Maybe a smaller sized dog.
Energetic? I find mine to be energetic but its not too bad as a whole.
Dig? no
Shed? no
Lots of Grooming? Not really depending on how you want them to look.
Good with kids? usualy yes
Jogging companion? Depending on the lenght. I do 5 Km runs with mine.

I also have a Shepherd collie and more mix (mutt).

How Tall? over knee hight
How Heavey? 70 pounds.
Can they fit under a airplane seat?? Not a chance!
Energetic? yes a lot and need to be stimulated.
Dig? yes
Shed? yes
Lots of Grooming? Not really but a good brushing once in a while is good.
Good with kids? yes
Jogging companion? very good. I do up to 10 km with him. More than that I have to bring water.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Grizzley Bear, May 26 3:57 pm

(Page 1 of 283: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.