Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 5:44pm PST 
Thanks for the help, I can at least start target training for now
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 5:44 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Help finding a trainer for fear managment
thunder

perfect

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:02am PST 
I work at guide dogs canada a couple times a months and dogs are trained to alert for seizures by barking. Since they are such a big company I would think if it was so un acceptable they wouldnt do it, no?

I can understand for something like I'm looking for since it's more common to have someone walking behind you then having a seizure. So maybe something like nudging would be better.
So I guess target practice would be the best thing to start her with and then incorporate it with touching my hand and then incorporate that with someone walking behind me.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 5:44 pm

thunder

perfect

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:24pm PST 
I want her to bark when someone is behind me and be a barrier between me and people in a crowd.
Apparently the csf has trainers that can come to you so I'm just waiting to hear back from them.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 5:44 pm

thunder

perfect

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 4:22pm PST 
So I want to use my Boxer a service dog but havent done much training with her yet I've been taking her out to socialize her etc. and she behaves and lays down/ignores people when I'm out eating at a resturant or something.

I want to train her in fear management which I found this list on the canadian service dog foundation.

Fear Management
Reducing hyper-vigilance
Keep strangers away
Increase safety in public
Provide a reality check
Strategies with phone
Call for help in advance
Lighting up dark rooms
Assist with escape strategies
What really appeals to me is the keeping strangers away and increasing public safety. The only other thing I would add is for her to alert me when someone is walking behind me because thats a huge trigger for me.

I can never go out alone because I'm so paranoid I make myself have panic attacks and work myself up. I could never go somewhere like the mall alone without being a total sketch bag and freaking out. I went to toronto in the summer and couldnt even use the damn bathroom by myself because I was too scared and wanted my bf to come stand out front of the stall.

This summer I went to a common festival here, rib fest and some drunk guy grabbed me and started pulling me away from my bf who was ahead of me and didnt notice and that just made me even more paranoid about going out alone.

Do you know how I would find a trainer to help me with these things?
Or how to teach her myself?

I also recently switched doctors after having the same doctor since I was about 10 (I'm 22 now) and I talked to her about a service dog and she agreed with me it would be a good idea but I never got anything in writing and now my new doctor doesn't know my history or anything.

I'm located in Ontario and I also work with guide dogs of canada grooming their poodles but I they dont know of any trainers that help self train.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 5:44 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Fashion wear for small dogs

rockee

fat

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '06 10:02am PST 
ive got a few cuz i use them for my bunny(she thinks shes a small dog)
http://www.imapreciouspup.com/catalog/index.php
http://www.at oyvilleproduct.com/TinyTees.html
i cant find the others for some reason but if u look on ebay they have good stuff too
good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 24 3:18 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.