Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 57: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Dogs > Looking for advice.
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 6:22pm PST 
From what you are saying Barkley is doing pretty well with his illness, eating, relieving himself etc. I might get a second opinion just to see if there is a way to keep him comfortable as your vet has taken him off the meds. I have had dogs that I thought were going to go early but lived to 17 after being diagnosed with bone issues. It is hard to know what to do. Love him of course as much as you can. He is still a cute boy. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Thu 7:12 pm

Small Dogs > please check if my shih tzu is pure breed?
Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 6:11pm PST 
She is very cute. You could always do a DNA test. Kits are sold at Petsmart.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Sun 11:04 am

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 6:02pm PST 
Best of luck to Kali. I hope you find out what is causing her issues. Keep us updated. Sometimes mysteries are hard to solve. Prayers are with you and Kali.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali, Mon 6:04 pm

Behavior & Training > why does my herding dog bark aggressively at other dogs?

Willow

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '14 11:44pm PST 
I have a two year old female Australian Shepherd who loves to herd both people and other dogs and she loves to bark when she does it. She is not aggressive and if a dog does not like it she knows to back off. I have trained her to hand signals. I give her a signal that means no, cannot do that and she backs off. It takes patience and training. You have a very smart dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Oct 11 11:44 pm

Behavior & Training > Does your dog ever have "off" days?

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:47pm PST 
i agree with Scooter and Yoshi that going to the vet does tend to scare them and if they get shots and have some side effects, then they are not going to feel good. This happens to us humans as well when we get certain shots and medications. They are no different they we are, they just cannot communicate if verbally to us so their is a behavior change. Get hugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Oct 9 12:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Behavior Problems Shiba Inu
Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:44pm PST 
Maybe you could try a dog trainer or dog communicator to see what she is anxious about. Both are good options for training behavior issues. i have seen dog communicators in action and they have told the parent(s) what the dog is thinking and then the owners can either try it or not. In most cases it does work. Dogs just want to be comfortable in their environments and something might have scared her. Sounds like she is a cute dog. Good luck..
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fritz, Tue 4:01 am

Senior Dogs > Lifting my dog from a lying postion

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:37pm PST 
Petsmart and Petco sell them also and they do work. I have a friend who has a golden that is going through arthritic problems and he is 14. She is able to get him up easily with the sling and the dog likes to get up and walk around. Sometimes thinks he is a pup. Give it a try. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Oct 9 12:37 pm

Dog Health > Bladder Stones, Unhelpful Vet

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:27pm PST 
Getting a second opinion is always an option like we do for ourselves. I wish you luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Oct 9 12:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What dog breed do you think would be best for my family?

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:24pm PST 
I would recommend an Australian Shepherd. We have a two year old female, named Willow,that is so smart, friendly with people and other pets. We have three cats and she likes to sleep with them but also loves to herd them which sometimes one of them does not like and the cat snarls at her and then they are friends again. She has a lot or energy so i have taken up agility training with her. She is a natural and we both love the exercise. I believe that hand signals are the way to go with dogs as they respond so much better then yelling at them to do something. We walk her everyday but she knows when to settle down and relax. Herding may be our next endeavor.

When we first got her at 9 months we were not sure about it as she had so much energy. We became the alpha parents and she gets it. I have had Greyhounds in the past and they have been big couch potatoes due to their racing careers as they would only race so many days and then be crated. Willow is the best dog we have ever had. She is so gentle. Also good with kids.

I hope this helps. Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Oct 9 12:24 pm

Australian Shepherd > What is my Aussie mixed with?
Willow

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:36am PST 
I work with a deaf dog group and we have had a few Aussie/Catahoula mixes come in to our group for adoption and a couple have looked like Blu. My Aussie, Willow is a pure bred Aussie that is deaf, very smart. Yes she has lots of energy but we have trained her well and she does agility with me as I use hand signals with her. She loves to please and is mellow because she has a job that she loves and she gets lots of walks. Patience is the key.

Also the Deaf Dog Group I work with trains the dogs before they are adopted out and if there are any issues for the families we will help them so that they keep these very special dogs.

Enjoy your dog and work with it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 25 2:36 am

(Page 1 of 57: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.