Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 58: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Looking for dog playground equipment to improve health
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 6:58am PST 
I do agility training with my mom and she purchased some equipment from fitpawsusa.com so I could practice. They have all sorts of play equipment for those of us who need more activity.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Nov 11 6:58 am

Behavior & Training > Teaching Polite Greeting Skills
Willow

Barked: Wed Nov 5, '14 10:49am PST 
Great response Mulder. I have trained mine to hand signals which work really well. I do not like yelling at pets to get them to do what you would like them to do as they tend to not listen. They have to have something to focus on. Willow is so well mannered but forgets sometimes and I also do what Mulder suggested, especially when we take a walk and meet people. Try it and let us know how it works.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Nov 6 2:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Coconut oil?

Willow

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '14 2:20pm PST 
Coconut oil can be used in dog’s diets. It can be given internally or applied externally, and can provide remedies for many general skin and coat conditions. I have given it to my Aussie and unlike most herbal products that are good for your dog’s health, coconut is something that your dog will most probably love to eat. They most likely will gobble up the coconut oil and not be too picky with it. It was recommended to me this year as we had an infestation of fleas in our area of the country due to a warm winter. It warded them off. I also brushed her coat with coconut oil every few weeks in the summer. It worked. There has been some research that it helps with cancer.
The recommended dose is pretty easy; just give a teaspoon of coconut oil per 10 pounds of dog, or you can give a table spoon per 30 pounds. Start with about 1/4 the recommended dosage and build up to the recommended level over 3-4 weeks.
Any unrefined coconut oil will work for pets though.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by KayCee, Nov 7 9:29 pm

Dog Health > How do you add images? "Wound" on dogs carpal pad.

Willow

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '14 12:58pm PST 
Sounds like a trip to the vet might be called for just in case. They do get items stuck in their paws at times which can cause swelling. Keep us updated. I am not sure how to upload images either. You could ask on the answer forum.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Nov 4 12:58 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Thought i would only own 1 breed...well that changed

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 9:09pm PST 
I felt that way about Greyhounds for years. We had four over the years and they were so calm and laid back. We waited two years to get another dog and i fell in love with an Australian Shephard. We got her at nine months and she had a lot of energy and thought maybe we had made the wrong decision but it was the best decision we every made. She is so loving, smart and makes us laugh all the time. I do agility training with her and she is so good at it and i love it too. I am glad that you found a breed that fits better with your family. I still love Greys but...
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 4 7:59 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Choosing a breed
Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 9:03pm PST 
I have an Australian Shephard that loves everyone, humans and pets. They are very energetic but love to snuggle as well. Make a great companion.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Apollo, Nov 3 10:00 am

Dog Health > small spot on dogs skin. Could it be cancerous?

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 8:27pm PST 
Have you found out what the spot is yet. It does sound like a hot spot that may have festered up if has been licked. Keep us updated.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cujo, Nov 5 10:41 pm

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 8:25pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear that Kali passed away. I feel your pain and with you the best with your grief process.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Senior Dogs > Looking for advice.

Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 6:22pm PST 
From what you are saying Barkley is doing pretty well with his illness, eating, relieving himself etc. I might get a second opinion just to see if there is a way to keep him comfortable as your vet has taken him off the meds. I have had dogs that I thought were going to go early but lived to 17 after being diagnosed with bone issues. It is hard to know what to do. Love him of course as much as you can. He is still a cute boy. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 30 9:22 am

Small Dogs > please check if my shih tzu is pure breed?
Willow

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 6:11pm PST 
She is very cute. You could always do a DNA test. Kits are sold at Petsmart.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by princess, Nov 3 9:33 am

(Page 1 of 58: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.