Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Crying at Night
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '14 10:27am PST 
Good call. Let us know how the exam goes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 5 10:27 am

Behavior & Training > My 1 yr old Jackchi hates her nails being cut!
Willow

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '14 12:10am PST 
It is not unusual for our pets to get upset having their nails trimmed. Another option would be that you try taking her to a grooming salon to have her nails trimmed as it will probably cause her less anxiety if someone else does it who is trained to handle dogs that have issues with their nails being trimmed. Pushing her to be obedient on this issue is probably not good for her. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 4 12:10 am

Food & Nutrition > Yeast & Residue on Coat

Willow

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '14 11:47pm PST 
You could try a grain free or limited ingredient kibble. Try adding some green beans, yogurt, sliced carrots, cheese, as options to top off the kibble to see if he will eat better. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 3 11:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Greenies for Dogs

Willow

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '14 4:56pm PST 
My mom also lets me have Dentley's Stuffed Knuckle Bone Dog Treats also, which go well with the Greenies for my teeth. I love them both. She also puts more peanut butter in the bone for me. They last me at least two weeks.

http://www.petsmart.com/food-health/bones-rawhide/dentley-s-trad e-stuffed-knuckle-bone-dog-treat-zid36-18633/cat-36-catid-100050?_t= pfm%3Dsearch
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 3 4:56 pm

Dog Health > Crying at Night

Willow

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '14 4:39pm PST 
Sounds like separation anxiety since she is used to sleeping with you. Why is she not allowed to continue sleeping with you. Anxiety meds might help. Another option is to try a Thunder Shirt which gives them the comfort of being snuggled and calms them down. Keep us updated. Giving away your dog is not the answer as it would make you so sad. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 5 10:27 am

Dog Health > staph lessions caused by allergic reaction
Willow

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '14 4:32pm PST 
Sorry to hear that Kasa is having issues with allergies. What food are you feeding her, that could be the possibility or environmental? A good grain free or limited ingredient diet could help.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 3 4:32 pm

Dog Health > Looking for dog playground equipment to improve health

Willow

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 6:58am PST 
I do agility training with my mom and she purchased some equipment from fitpawsusa.com so I could practice. They have all sorts of play equipment for those of us who need more activity.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Nov 11 6:58 am

Behavior & Training > Teaching Polite Greeting Skills

Willow

Barked: Wed Nov 5, '14 10:49am PST 
Great response Mulder. I have trained mine to hand signals which work really well. I do not like yelling at pets to get them to do what you would like them to do as they tend to not listen. They have to have something to focus on. Willow is so well mannered but forgets sometimes and I also do what Mulder suggested, especially when we take a walk and meet people. Try it and let us know how it works.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Nov 6 2:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Coconut oil?

Willow

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '14 2:20pm PST 
Coconut oil can be used in dog’s diets. It can be given internally or applied externally, and can provide remedies for many general skin and coat conditions. I have given it to my Aussie and unlike most herbal products that are good for your dog’s health, coconut is something that your dog will most probably love to eat. They most likely will gobble up the coconut oil and not be too picky with it. It was recommended to me this year as we had an infestation of fleas in our area of the country due to a warm winter. It warded them off. I also brushed her coat with coconut oil every few weeks in the summer. It worked. There has been some research that it helps with cancer.
The recommended dose is pretty easy; just give a teaspoon of coconut oil per 10 pounds of dog, or you can give a table spoon per 30 pounds. Start with about 1/4 the recommended dosage and build up to the recommended level over 3-4 weeks.
Any unrefined coconut oil will work for pets though.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by KayCee, Nov 7 9:29 pm

Dog Health > How do you add images? "Wound" on dogs carpal pad.
Willow

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '14 12:58pm PST 
Sounds like a trip to the vet might be called for just in case. They do get items stuck in their paws at times which can cause swelling. Keep us updated. I am not sure how to upload images either. You could ask on the answer forum.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Nov 4 12:58 pm

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.