Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Australian Shepherd > What is my Aussie mixed with?
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:36am PST 
I work with a deaf dog group and we have had a few Aussie/Catahoula mixes come in to our group for adoption and a couple have looked like Blu. My Aussie, Willow is a pure bred Aussie that is deaf, very smart. Yes she has lots of energy but we have trained her well and she does agility with me as I use hand signals with her. She loves to please and is mellow because she has a job that she loves and she gets lots of walks. Patience is the key.

Also the Deaf Dog Group I work with trains the dogs before they are adopted out and if there are any issues for the families we will help them so that they keep these very special dogs.

Enjoy your dog and work with it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Thu 2:36 am

Puppy Place > Trying to identify what breed my dog is.. pls Help !
Willow

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:23am PST 
Definitely a shepherd mix of some kind. Very cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Thu 2:23 am

Behavior & Training > Dog keeps chasing my cats. Help please!

Willow

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:12am PST 
I had that same issue and my mom sprayed me with a water bottle until I quickly learned that I did not like that and not suppose to chase the cats as they were not like me. We now get along fine, keep our distance at times and other times we sleep on the same bed together.

I also trained Willow with hand signals and treats which has worked really well with her. Being an Aussie does help as they are so smart and catch on real fast.

Separating them and then introducing them to each other again slowly may also help.

Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Thu 2:12 am

Behavior & Training > Socialization: Is it really too late?

Willow

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:08am PST 
It is never too late to socialize a puppy in my opinion. Min Pins are not as easy to train as some breeds so you must have a lot of patience with them. From my experience with them, as I have had some friends who have had them, is that they overly protect their owners and tend to like only their own breeds. Get a good trainer to train you how to care for them as they are really not bad dogs. I would have to come in to my friends home and stand still for at least five minutes so they could sniff me out to see if I was okay and then they would play ball with me and cuddle on the couch.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Thu 2:08 am

Dog Health > Rescue dog has aggression towards new people only when I'm around.

Willow

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '14 2:00am PST 
It sounds like he is a very good dog but wants to be very protective of you. You need to be the Alpha in the house and work with him to get him comfortable with other people. Hand signals are a good way to train them. Works better than yelling at them to do what you would like them to do. Patience is the key word. Keep us up to date. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Today 12:53 am

Australian Shepherd > What is my Aussie mixed with?
Willow

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '14 5:42am PST 
He looks like he might have some Catahoula Leopard Dog in him. Look them up on the internet. They are a great dog, mellow like Aussies.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Thu 2:36 am

Behavior & Training > Help training a dog that was rescued.

Willow

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 3:14am PST 
Pet training classes are another option. They will help the owner as well as the dog as to what is expected of both of them. Humans should be the alphas in the household, not the pet. Hand signals are a great tool to use instead of yelling at a pet, they learn better. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 13 3:14 am

Dog Health > Missing Tooth in a Young Dog

Willow

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 3:05am PST 
You can try adding canned green beans, shredded carrots, sliced apples, yogurt(good for their probiotics),pumpkin, sweet potatoes and cottage cheese to name a few good additions to their kibble. I have used these methods over the years to get my dogs to eat. It will soften the kibble. Tuna is a another good snack to use. Hope things get better.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sam Vimes: "Vimes", Sep 15 7:03 am

Dog Health > Pink raised bump on neck

Willow

Barked: Fri Sep 12, '14 5:07am PST 
Yes to the vet to see what they are right away.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 12 5:07 am

Dog Health > Very small yellow spot on dog's long teeth (canines?) near gums, gums pink/okay looking..
Willow

Barked: Wed Sep 3, '14 12:56am PST 
That is great Frankie. Your mom loves you very much.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 3 12:56 am

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.