Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 55: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Reassure me that this is Kennel cough and not distemper!!
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 12:05am PST 
Our 2 year old Aussie got kennel cough a couple of months ago from her daycare center which had a run on it from some source that they could not determine whose dog brought it in. She coughed and threw up the yellow bile. She did have a temperature but the vet knocked it down with same antibiotics your vet recommended It took about three weeks before she was over it and was herself again. Puppies tend to sleep a lot so that is not unusual. Glad feeling better.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Tue 12:05 am

Dog Health > Licking of Paws and Blisters on the Lips
Willow

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 11:59pm PST 
Moving him from the PC Meaty formula to the PC Large Breed Nutrition Plus is a good start to possibly help his skin issues. The PC Meaty Formula has by-products, corn gluten and corn which are not the best ingredients. The new formula you have introduced him to do not have these ingredients. Dogs can have allergic reactions to chicken so you might try a Limited Ingredient Diet such as a duck, venison or fish formula with one carb source. Grain free formulas are also an option. The premium brands are more dense and you pet will eat less and poop less on them, which affects the cost in the long run with less vet bills. I feed my Australian Shepherd Nutro Natural Choice Grain Free Fish. She has had some iching issues but once I changed to this formula she is not itching anymore. There are a lot of good brands out that, so do your research and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Wed 12:55 am

Dog Health > Albino Deaf & Blind Chihuahua

Willow

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 11:42pm PST 
We have a double merle Aussie that is mostly white with some black spots on one side and reddish brown spot on one side of her face. She has blue eyes a black nose with pink spots. She is also deaf but you would not know it as she is so smart. We adopted her from Death Dogs of Oregon when she was 9 months old and is now 2 years old. They trained us how to deal with a deaf dog. She was easy to train with hand and facial signals and I run agility with her. She is so smart and loves people and other dogs. Nicest dog we have ever had. The main thing is we have to watch that she does not get out without a lead as she could get hurt since we cannot call her. She can also feel vibrations. She is an awesome dog and we love her. I hope that you get as much joy out of your new dog as we have with ours.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Mon 11:42 pm

Senior Dogs > My girl has bone cancer and I'm not sure what to do

Willow

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '14 1:06pm PST 
Sorry for you loss. She went on her own terms which has never happened with any of my pets over the years. I had to make the decision to let them go, She had a good life with her and she was ready to go. What a gift to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 9 12:36 am

Puppy Place > Border Collie Catahoula Mix PUPPY

Willow

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '14 10:17pm PST 
Get him, your son and yourself into a puppy training class as you have to be the alphas, not the pup. The rough housing gives him permission to nip and not mind his manners. I recommend hand signals for training as it is easier to get their attention then constantly yelling at them. My Aussie was trained that way and she gets it. She has lots of playtime but know when she has to stop and be quiet. We do agility training with her and she is a natural to do it. It gives her a job. Both Border Collies and Cataholas are herding dogs. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Aug 6 10:17 pm

Puppy Place > Border Collie Catahoula Mix PUPPY
Willow

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '14 10:16pm PST 
OOps
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Willow, Aug 6 10:17 pm

Dog Health > Help with pup's health - vomiting only symptom

Willow

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '14 10:08pm PST 
I am sorry to hear that your puppy is having issues with food right now. What brand of dry food were you feeding her when you got her?? Sometimes the food can upset their stomachs if they have any sensitive issues in their system. Could be that she got in to something and needs to pass it through her system. Every once in awhile Willow, our Aussie vomits as her stomach has gotten upset for some reason. I can always tell that she is having an issue as she will eat grass. It has not happened very often but they are just like us, can get a bug or eat something that does not agree with us. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Doing chicken and rice is good. You could also just do just rice and put little chicken broth on it. Eliminate the chicken for a day or two and see how she does.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Aug 7 4:26 am

Dog Health > How Do I Protect My Dog If Something Happens To Me?

Willow

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '14 9:59pm PST 
You have done the right thing by making out a will with you pet requests in it. You might also make a poster for in your house as to whom to contact in case of an emergency so they can pick up your pet to take care of. Unfortunately this happened to me many years ago when I passed out at home and I had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. My neighbor had a key but I told him not to use that my ex husband would come and take care of my cat as he and I owned the cat together. The neighbor did not listen and the cat got outside and got hit by a car. My ex had to let him go to heaven and I never got to say goodbye to him. It was devastating. Now I have a will also and have listed in order several people who will take my pets. I do not want them going to a shelter. I hope you are going to be okay.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Aug 7 4:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Greenies for Dogs

Willow

Barked: Sat Aug 2, '14 11:06pm PST 
If your dog likes Greenies, Petsmart is having a buy one and get a second one free this weekend, August 1-3rd. Good buy. Great for their teeth.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Aug 2 11:06 pm

Dog Health > Raising a puppy that is half-blind
Willow

Barked: Sat Aug 2, '14 10:50pm PST 
We adopted a deaf Australian Shepard last year from a rescue group that just brings in deaf and sometimes blind dogs. She is now 2 years old. I agree with CH Jones that they do not realize that they have a disability. We have one dog in the organization that is both deaf and blind. Duncan is such a love, he tends to hold his head up, turn around in circles and noses all of us in the leg for attention. He is so kind and sweet and smart as he can sit on command by using leg signals to him.

We are doing agility training with Willow right now and she is a natural. We use hand and facial signals with her. She is very smart, just cannot hear us.

I do not think you will have any trouble handling your puppy. They want to please. Be patient and work with the dog. Best of luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Aug 2 10:50 pm

(Page 1 of 55: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.