Postings by My Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > Pee, pee EVERYWHERE!!!

Gizmo

New Years Doggy!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:37am PST 
They stay outside almost all the time but I'm not cruel and keep them outside for 12 hours a day when it's freezing cold.
They pee in the same areas we know where to look, they are both fixed. They pee on the washer and dryer, the trash can, and in front of the sink. Heaven forbid if we leave a gate down they go crazy if they normally aren't allowed there. They are inside maybe 3 hours free to roam in the areas designated. We've tried caging if they pee, rubbing their nose in it, taking them out, noise makers if the smell, but its ridiculous when we bring them in and they immediately pee on something.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 7:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > Outside dog food
Gizmo

New Years Doggy!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:33am PST 
I like the idea of being able to change their food and water from outside.
Like making a small gate from the Side and sorta like a window?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Dec 25 9:32 pm

Gizmo

New Years Doggy!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:25am PST 
My Pomeranian died 3 years ago.
My dogs don't pee in their food, they pee on the corners of things so if I set a bag of food out there they will pee on it.
My dogs stay outside most of the day due to busy schedules of the household. So they stay outside.
My mother takes them out at 6 and brings them in at 7 when I get up at 8 or 9 after working till 2 am they are yipping and whining to come out of their inside cage to go back outside.
They used to be on an underground fence but they would just run through the pain until it stop shocking them. They get a walk about once a day.
Back to why they need food outside, back to the original post they try to runout of the kennel if I walk up and open the gate. I could exercise them at 2 before I got to work and at 2 when I get off.

I'm not one of those perfect owners, but I care for my dogs. And they spend time with me when I get off work. They eat when they please I don't do portions because they are not trained the best. If I put three bowls of food out they will not eat they have always had food and water available.

I spend about 8 hours a day with my female dog because she stays inside and is perfectly housebroken, the boys no matter what pee on things which is why they are outside most if the day.
1 girl 2 boys all Pekingese Shih tzu mixes.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 25 9:32 pm

Behavior & Training > Pee, pee EVERYWHERE!!!

Gizmo

New Years Doggy!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 8:06am PST 
I have two male dogs, if they are in the house roaming in the free areas, they will pee on everything. They are both fixed, I have an unfixed female. Basically they pee on top of each others pee. It turns out to be a river of pee. We have the kitchen and the living room free to them now its down to the kitchen. We'll keep them outside all day then they'll come right back in and PEE! Any fixes for this? Or ideas on how to stop this, it's ruining the floors and everything!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 7:52 pm

Sophie

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 8:02am PST 
Well I have two male dogs, they stay out in a kennel a lot.
I've discovered it's becoming harder to get their food in the kennel without them running out when I try to get out there. Is there an easy way to store their dog food out in the kennel without it getting into by animals and pee?
Also any ideas on how to keep things out of the water bowl? Like leaves and such.thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Dec 25 9:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > A sad visit to a pet store
Buddy

Where's mom and- the peanut- butter

Barked: Tue Mar 7, '06 6:46pm PST 
That happened to me once before I got buddy. I wasnt allowed to get a dog. I used to walk around in the pet store in a haze.I would always ask to hold a puppy i became a reagular person there but never told anyone to buy
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 1:06 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.