Postings by My Family

GO!

Dog Health > My dog has lots of Smegma and he keeps licking his groin

Bianca

Wake Me When- There's Food

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:09am PST 
You should get a urine sample from your dog. The vet will be able to test this for infection. How does his penis look, other than the smegma? I'm sure the vet will give you some sort of medication for this. After 10 days you should have the urine recheked to make sure the infection has cleared.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 7:09 am

Dog Health > Does anyone know what this condition affecting my dog's back legs is called?
Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:06am PST 
You need to have the vet evaluate your dog's knees. While you are there, ask about glucosamine supplementation. This should be given daily. You should also inquire about Adequan injections.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 5:32 am

Dog Health > Parvo/distemper and ? vaccine combo?

Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:01am PST 
Inoculate your dog frequently to avoid parvovirus. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 5:52 am

Dog Health > Shorty's tummy issues. Advice?

Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:59am PST 
Give your dog Gatorade instead of water to restock his fluids and offer electrolytes. Boil white rice to help settle your dog's tummy. Add ground beef or turkey to your dog's diet if the sickness and diarrhea stop. Get your dog to the veterinarian if the symptoms carry on.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 10:39 am

Dog Health > Parvo/distemper and ? vaccine combo?

Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:57am PST 
You can buy parvo vaccines and give it to your dog yourself. It's really easy; just fill the syringe up with the vaccine and give the shot. Make sure to swab the area with rubbing alcohol before injection. It's a good idea to have someone hold your dog while you give the vaccine. You want to give the vaccine under the skin, not in the muscle.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 5:52 am

Dog Health > Does anyone know what this condition affecting my dog's back legs is called?
Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:53am PST 
This sounds like patella luxation. You need to get Carter into the vet and have his knees properly evaluated. They can also give you some medication. It would also be a good idea to invest in an orthopedic bed so he has a nice place to rest that isn't hard on his knees. Patella luxation can be treated surgically.
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 5:32 am

Dog Health > Shorty's tummy issues. Advice?

Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:50am PST 
Have you ever considered the chew sticks might be the culprit here? Try feeding her on a diet of white rice and boiled hamburger for a few days. Pepto Bismol works very well for stomach problems in dogs. You can also give some Benadryl just to calm him down and give his stomach a chance to calm down with him. Some dogs also benefit from a weekly fasting.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 10:39 am

Dog Health > Vet Tags?

Bianca

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:48am PST 
My four currently just wear your basic ID tags. I got them free from a local pet store. The tags the vet provides are not the same as ID tags. My dogs are all microchipped, too. They all have the same bone tags. They are made from silver. They have their names, my name, my address, and my phone number. What I like about them most is that they are reflective when light hits them. Bianca also has a tag that is permanently bolted to her collar, which they rescue gave me. When I get some extra money, I really want to have a jeweler make them up some tags out of real gold. Does anybody know if a jeweler will do that?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 6 7:55 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.