Postings by Fancy's Family

GO!

Dog Health > More Itchiness.

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 2:58pm PST 
Agh, there are so many choices I don't even know where to begin.
My family is very tight in the wallet at the moment and can't afford to take Fancy to the vet. I feel horrid about that frown

I have no idea why she stops itching in bed, except that she is probably worn out, as she's usually making little barking noises in her dream after only a few minutes.

I don't think the heat would be a big problem, we live in Florida, we're use to it.
I'll try out a few more things ya'll suggested
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Fancy, Jan 6 2:58 pm

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 7:38pm PST 
We've bathed her maybe once after it. We always have her groomed there, so I sort of ruled that out.
This time I didn't bathe her with any sort of shampoo just water. I wasn't sure if it was an allergic reaction to the soap or something.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Fancy, Jan 6 2:58 pm

Dachshund > Could my 'Shawty' refusal to eat after a spanking be a result of pouting?

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 2:26pm PST 
While everyone above is correct, 'spanking' your dog is not the responsible way to solve a problem, Daschund's can be very moody. Mine, Fancy, knows when I get angry at her. Generally, she'll hide under a desk or something and wont do anything until I show her some love.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 7 7:26 am

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 1:58pm PST 
So, if you look at my past post, I have one about itchiness.
I think there may have been fleas affecting that.

But now, after a decent amount of time where Fancy wasn't itchy, long enough for her to heal and let us go get her nicely groomed. The itchiness is back.

It's different now though, she doesn't have fleas. I know for a fact. There's no flea dirt, and I haven't seen a single flea on her in months. She is pretty much eating her-self alive it seems. She turns around and bites just above her tail, all the way up to mid back. There are scabs, and blood on her all the time, and she seems very...Spastic. That's the best way I can describe it.

She'll only sit in one place for a matter of seconds then jump up run around and hide back under the table. The only time she holds still is a bit after 10. She starts "nagging" me to go to bed { She sleeps with me } and then finally, as we're in bed she will hold nicely still all night.

This has been going on for a while now, and it makes me quite sad to see her in so much distress..
Please help ASAP.

~Tori & Fancy
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Fancy, Jan 6 2:58 pm

Dog Health > Extreme itchiness

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 5:57am PST 
You know what Lily, I think they are...That's very strange. I think we've been using the same flea medicine..But maybe not.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sparkles, Dec 20 10:47 am

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 2:00pm PST 
Hmm, no I haven't thought of that. I'll propose the idea to my mother. Well, I'll check her food first. We have changed her food multiple times in the past few years.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sparkles, Dec 20 10:47 am

Fancy

Zzzz

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 12:56pm PST 
My dachshund, Fancy, has for a year or so now { on and off } a itchy crusty area just around her tail. I assumed it was just allergies, since it always came at the time it's considered worst.

But, just today when I came home from school, I scratched her back just below her shoulders, and there's a rather large slightly raised red rash like thing.
It's extremely itchy since even just me touching it causes her to thump her foot.

Any suggestions as of what it could be?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sparkles, Dec 20 10:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.