Postings by My Family

GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > Miss Universe Canada says "Ban Pit Bulls"

Joy

Always finds- something to- bark about

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 1:58pm PST 
That is so stupid.It's like someone banned paper because they cut in it(who hasn't?It is damn painful and deserves banning)
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 2 7:26 pm

Small Dogs > What should i do with a dominant westie?
Joy

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 1:22pm PST 
Long story short: my westie male is 4 years old,and extremely tolerant.Something made me believe that he isn't purebred,as I have never seen such a tolerant westie in my life.He is great with children,loves cats,and is very laid back generally.

He listens to me and is very submissive,but EVERYTHING changes when a large dog comes along.It doesn't matter if it's male or female,Joy goes bonkers.It's like he's a different dog:the calm and tail wagging buddy turns into a barking,dominant dog.I can tell him whatever i want,it's like i am not there;on the contrary,if i show up to take him away,he becomes more aggresive(not towards me,thank God!).

I know he probably does this to "protect" me,but i have had enough of this sudden change.He has become even more tensed whenever I take him to the dog park:he is nervous,inactive,and obviously grumpy,especially if other dogs want to even interact with him.

What on Earth can I do to stop him from being this way?I miss the old times when we would go in the park and play with every dog nicely and calmly....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 1:22 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dogs 101 and Designer Breeds?

Joy

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 12:51pm PST 
In my country,animal welfare doesn't quite concern anyone,really.It is saddening.

One of the most popular dogs here is the Maltese,wrongly called Bichon by everyone.It got to such a big trend that you rarely get to see any other dogs on the street,and when i walk my Westie everyone stops me and asks where i got such a weird bichon from.Of course,no "Bichon" Maltese is really a Maltese.Almost all of them are mutts.People don't even do their research when buying a dog,so they end up with as-tall-as-standard-poodles Malteses,black Malteses,CURLY HAIRED malteses,and when i even hint towards their dog not being purebred,owners snap at me,saying they payed thousands for their precious pooch,it can't be a mutt,I am just a teenager,what do I know,etc.

The point is that i dislike Dogs101 promoting such Designer Breeds,because of how many people will actually backyard breed said dogs if they become popular(and usually they become:designer breed means mixing two popular breeds).I mean,as some of you previously stated:give me one example of a responsible breeder for,let's say,Yorkipoos.There are none.None concerned enough to eliminate the health problems before actually announcing the breed out-and-about,none concerned enough about the welfare of the actual dogs.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 70 posts. Last posting by , Oct 25 5:37 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.