Postings by Joey's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > Bony percentages
Otto

Is someone at- the door!!??

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 2:10pm PST 
Yes, this makes sense-I am being a little too paranoid. Thanks! I ordered some green tripe in a can from tripett because I can not find any local and wanted to give it a try. I have seen different things but is the consensus to feed this as a muscle meat? Thanks for always being so helpful!

One other question, I have a 18 lb and 57 lb dog and they love sardines from a can as a snack (in water of course) so I was going to get omega's that way. Is there a specific amount per lb I should aim for or just feed a tin 1-2 times a week?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mali, Nov 2 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Bony percentages
Otto

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:32am PST 
I was wondering how the percentages of bone from meats were calculated? I see a lot of post saying chicken quarter is 30% bone, this is 20% bone, etc. I am just trying to wrap my head around how this is calculated. Do these percentages take into account how dense the bones are? I am still feeding a little more than 10% and a little over 3 weeks and wondering if I need to cut back since they are having good poops and not showing signs of constipation?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mali, Nov 2 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Transitioning to ratio

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 9:19am PST 
They both loved the fish. They may have loved it regardless since this is the first they have gotten of a whole fish. I usually give sardines.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 23 6:06 pm

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 10:09am PST 
Ah didn't think of that, thanks. Does it matter much that these were fresh from a fishing trip and not from the grocery store?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 23 6:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > wanting to start my 1 year old bullmastiff on raw diet

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 7:10am PST 
Chicken leg quarters works well to start with for bony pieces, takes my bigger dog longer to eat vs. smaller pieces.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 20 7:42 am

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 7:37pm PST 
Thanks! Makes total sense. I got a great deal on frozen while tilapia today. If I feed fish once a week or so on average no need to supplement omegas right?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 23 6:06 pm

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 1:55pm PST 
Joey has been introduced to most proteins (chicken, turkey, pork, fish, beef)and still doing fine, so after a few more days of beef and then introducing organs I would like to start tranisitioning to the 80/10/5/5 ratio. I really like schedules and would like to have one I can use with a variety of meats trying to keep 50% red meat. This is what I have come up with so far, any suggestions/concerns?

Joey (168 oz) 57-60 lb

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
(add egg 1-2 x week)
AM: 1 leg quarter (16 oz)
PM: 8 oz red boneless meat

Monday and Friday
AM: 4 oz liver plus 8 oz ground or boneless meat
PM: 12 oz red boneless meat

Wed and Saturday
AM: 4 oz other organ plus 8 oz red boneless meat
PM: 12 oz fish or other
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 23 6:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > wanting to start my 1 year old bullmastiff on raw diet

Otto

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 1:40pm PST 
I am pretty new to the diet but these links were suggested to me when I started out and were very helpful...

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/4 31875
ht tp://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/718349
http://pupp ybutt.weebly.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 20 7:42 am

Raw Food Diet > Vacation

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 1:12pm PST 
In three weeks I will be gone for ten days and a friend will be dogsitting. I am pretty new to the raw diet for both my boys (3 weeks in). I am wondering what all of you experienced raw feeders do when you go on vacation? I was thinking of weighing everything out and putting it in ziploc bags with the days for a label. Any ideas/suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Winston-dog, Oct 15 6:39 pm

Raw Food Diet > What next?
Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 5:23pm PST 
Yes they have both had sardines un the past and love them. Luckily no picky eaters here so far!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Joey, Oct 9 5:23 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.