Postings by Tyson's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > New puppy, new questions.
Molly

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 9:01pm PST 
She's a rehome. The lady said she's done it most of her life. I think it might be inquisitive. She does it when you talk to her or she's watching you. She wasn't breathing when she was born for a couple of seconds so the vet thinks that may be something to do with it. Hopefully we get more answers in August.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 5 9:01 pm

Puppy Place > New puppy, new questions.
Molly

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 7:54pm PST 
Today we brought home our new baby, Molly. We drive quite a ways to get her but it was totally worth it!
We went straight to our vet after picking her up for shots and a checkup.
She has a clean bill of health, but one questionable characteristic. She's 6 months old and has a slight head tilt. The vet checked her out and said she has no ear infection, no teeth issues etc. we have rescheduled for a checkup again in August to see if its better.
Has anyone had this with their puppy? Our next step is a neurologist.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 5 9:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Muzzles

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 11:50am PST 
I apologize for the confusion caused by my verbiage. Tyson is not a threat and not aggressive. Please, can someone just point me in the direction of a good muzzle?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, May 15 7:06 pm

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 11:27am PST 
See, this is what I hate. He's not a bite risk. The photo is him and my niece. He would never bite her in a million years. The reason he's licking his lips is because he had just finished licking her face.

As far as the training, we don't specifically seek out a situation to teach him to bite. My husband is military and currently deployed so it is only Tyson and I. I reinforce his alerting when someone is at the door. I reinforce him wanted to be greeted because when I am by myself for 9 months straight sometimes I forget to be on alert all the time.

So, honestly I don't have a strong desire to take Tyson to the big flea market. Even a dog with no handicaps would find it overwhelming. We are going camping, I will not leave him at the house while we are camping, I won't leave him at the campsite, and I won't leave him in the car. So, short of taking him to a kennel which is completely irrational. There are miles and miles of uncharted places we climb on this camping trip, I am taking all precautions to make sure this event is a good one for everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, May 15 7:06 pm

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 2:32am PST 
We are going camping Memorial Day weekend. The place we are going has a huge flea market over that weekend. We are of course taking Tyson along. I am going to get him a muzzle for a couple of reasons. He is very protective of me. This is fine in a situation where I can require the person to greet my dog, and a desirable trait since we are training him for protection, in a flea market of this size, personal space isn't something you can always demand. Second, if someone else has an unreliable dog, I do not want Tyson involved in any negative behavior they may have.

So, my question is, it's going to be a long day and a basket muzzle seems best, but I'm worried how people will respond...?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, May 15 7:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dehydrated Raw Brands/ Grain free dog foods?
Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:59pm PST 
I feed Tyson Great Life Bison, it's grain and gluten free. He was on Stella and Chewys for a while and he loved that too. Tyson is severely allergic to lots of things so I know these two foods are soft on his stomach. Hope you find a good food!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tyson, Mar 20 7:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > good companies for on line dog food ordering?

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:53pm PST 
I looked into wag.com but they didn't have Tyson's brand so I can't help you there. I do know that the food Tyson is on, Good Life, has ordering directly from their website that seems like a pretty good deal. I honestly love my local pet store. They give me a credit through the company same as you get on wag.com. I know Amazon does ordering too. smile can I ask why you want to order online?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Apr 8 9:28 am

Dog Health > Weird eating habits??

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:47pm PST 
Tyson has been eating weirdly. More so, not eating. He's been not eating as much lately. I know he goes with my moods and my husband is deployed so I have some off days and he doesn't eat on those days. I always make sure he has food because he only eats what he wants. He enjoys his food and I add supplements and olive oil. Should I be worried? He still has the same energy and poops normal. Is he just following my emotions?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 21 4:25 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > We want to add an English Bulldog to our family.

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 3:57pm PST 
My husband and I have decided to adopt an English Bulldog. We live in Tacoma, WA and have been looking for a reputable place to adopt from. There is a bulldog rescue here but we've not had great luck with them.

On two separate occasions we've inquired about a couple of adoptable dogs they've had available. On both occasions I was unable to get in touch with anyone that could answer my questions etc. When I did receive a response email, it was not replied to after I had responded back.

I understand people get busy but I feel very much that they were not working with us in an appropriate way. We are more than open about our living situation as well as what we have to offer.

My questions is, does anyone know where to find a rescue or breeder? We're hesitant to adopt from a breeder because we know that there are a lot of dogs that need adoption. I'm just not very familiar with how to go about adopting a dog that isn't in our state, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Feb 14 10:40 am

Dog Health > Sprouted Chia??
Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 9:37pm PST 
So...apparently this is healthy for a dog? I'm just looking for supplements to help my dog's allergies. Anyone familiar with this product?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tyson, Jan 30 9:37 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.