Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I Have Cancer and Need a Home!
Mary Jane

Needs A Home!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 7:02pm PST 
Mary lives at the Porter County Animal Shelter in Valparaiso, Indiana. She is seven years old and has cancer. She may only live for a few more months or may live for a few more years. Because of her age and the severity of the cancer, the shelter has decided not to treat the cancer. Mary, however, still acts like a playful, happy dog who loves life despite living in a shelter. A simple stuffed animal is enough to brighten her day. Please keep Mary in your heart and share her to as many people/rescues as possible. She doesn't deserve to spend her last days in a shelter. I would take her, but Mary does not do well with other pets. Here is her petfinder page and the shelter's contact info: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail /23209536
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 7:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > PLEASE HELP! DOG NEEDS HOME OR WILL HAVE TO GO TO A KILL SHELTER!
Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 4:03pm PST 
Best of luck finding her a home! shock

Look on Petfinder, and contact as many rescues as you can.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 10 4:03 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Just curious....

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 3:57pm PST 
Mine its atleast fourteen, and you are supposed to have a parent.

But they don't enforce it with me. laugh out loud They know me, and I work hard. Plus, I've been there since before they had that rule and longer than a lot of the staff and other volunteers hahaha.

They only do that rule because of the Work Release. But they only come in on week days and I come during the weekend. So its all good. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 25 8:42 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > A sad, difficult day...

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 3:27pm PST 
I know exactly how that feels. Daisy (Not the one on this account) and Snoopy were two dogs that my shelter, a No Kill, put down because they were unable to find anyone who could handle them.

Daisy was a pitbull like Lucky, but she wasn't as social and friendly as he was. Daisy was reserved, and I didn't get much of a chance to work with her. She had dog aggression, and cage aggression.

Snoopy was a beagle. who was always very sweet to me. He just didn't like men. He was a bit unpredictable at times, but still sweet.

My shelter never told me the reasons they put Daisy and Snoopy down. I was too upset to ask.

Thats why I'm trying to hard with Halo. Shes such a sweet girl, but she needs someone who is experienced in handling pitbulls. I've been contacting rescues, but so far, no luck.

I am sorry about Luck. Its so sad that these dogs have to suffer due to the neglect and carelessness of their owners. Someday, maybe those people will learn.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 6:30 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Will you rescue me from my cage?

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Wed Apr 29, '09 1:47pm PST 
Her Petfinder:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid= 13151740
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 3 6:13 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Will you rescue me from my cage?
Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Wed Apr 29, '09 1:43pm PST 
Halo is a two year old Staffordshire mix. She really isn't a big dog, and she LOVES squaky toys.

But, she is dog aggessive, and possessive of her things. With a lot of training and excercise, I feel that those can be helped.

She really is a sweet dog, and will give kisses and stand on your lap. She just needs a chance.

So if any of you can adopt/foster/ or reccommend a rescue that could take her in, it would be much appreciated.

I have contacted a lot of rescues so far, and no good news yet, but I'm hoping. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 3 6:13 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Another pit bull to the rescue!

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 2:13pm PST 
Woohoo! Pit Power! hail Nice Blitz! =3 I wish their was more positive pit news.cheerhamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 30 12:21 pm

Staffordshire Bull Terrier > It's tricky being a Staffie.

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 1:50pm PST 
Thats a really nice poem. cloud 9

I love Staffies, pits, and all other 'Bully Breeds'

If only more people would give them a chance.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 1:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Holly came home today

Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 1:37pm PST 
Congratulations! hamster dance Shes a beauty! Best of luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 2 9:07 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Can anyone tell what breed I am?
Halo HAS- BEEN ADOPTED

Won't You Adopt- Me?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 1:35pm PST 
I agree with Bear, Australian Shepherd. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 4:28 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.