Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Dogue de Bordeaux > slobber?
Percival- Snurflington

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 7:55am PST 
I agree. Some slobber more than others. We still have dogue slime on our ceiling from our first dogue, who's been at Rainbow Bridge for 3 years. Andre drools when he's eating, drinking or really excited. Percy doesn't drool much (so far), but water runs out of his jowls when he's done drinking.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 15 7:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > raw diet too high in protein?
Andre- McSnorty-Bri- tches

I'm da baby.

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 7:05pm PST 
Thanks Brody! You rock!

For a little guy, you're pretty awesome. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 1:49 am

I'm da baby.

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 5:26pm PST 
Thanks for the links. They were very helpful, however now I have another question. Is there a way to know what percentage of a certain cut of meat is generally bone? Other than de-boning it and weighing it myself?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 1:49 am

Raw Food Diet > I love raw!

Percival- Snurflington

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 3:13pm PST 
Hi! I'm new here. My name is Percy (Percival Snurflington) and I'm 12 weeks old. I've been eating raw since I was 8 weeks old. I just wanted to say hi to you!

So far I've had turkey legs and wings, chicken legs and backs, venison ribs & legs (Mom takes the bones away, but I get to clean 'em up first), beef liver & kidney, and today I had chicken liver for the first time! YUMMY!!!

I can't wait to be as big as my brother Andre so I can tackle him in the snow! Just wait until next winter!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 13 8:33 am

I'm da baby.

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 3:12pm PST 
My vet mentioned today that a raw diet is too high in protein and will strain the kidneys. I'm certain Mom has read before that it's only a problem in dried/cooked diets (aka kibble). And that the moisture content means that the percentage of protein per meal is lower in 3 pounds of raw meat than it would be if I was eating 3 pounds of high-protein kibble.

Does anyone have any links for me so Mom can confirm that she's thinking correctly?

I've been eating raw since I was 6 months old. Mom's a little nervous getting everything perfect with my baby brother though.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 1:49 am

Raw Food Diet > So, what's in your food bowl today!!

I'm da baby.

Barked: Thu May 26, '11 7:32am PST 
pork stomach for breakfast. I'm not sure what I get for supper. Mummy has to go pick up her order (chicken, pork, beef liver) from the meat market. The guy said he had some ribeyes, tbones, and other beef products that were near expiration he'd give us for cheap as well as what we ordered. YUM-O!
[notify]
» There has since been 621 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 5:49 am

Raw Food Diet > My craigslist ad was flagged . . . ????

I'm da baby.

Barked: Fri Dec 17, '10 6:25am PST 
I think it depends on your area. Around here, people don't care what you feed your dog. Everyone who we've picked up meat from has asked if we have sled dogs. We've never hidden the fact that we feed raw meat. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere with lots of hunters around.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 11:24 am

Raw Food Diet > Questions

I'm da baby.

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 10:28am PST 
Have you contacted butchers and meat markets in your area and asked what they can get? I emailed 3 meat markets that I found via google and ended up getting one response. I spent about $300 on one order from him and he's contacted me twice to see if I want the scraps from when they make turducken (turkey, duck, and chicken carcasses that still have meat on them).

Most butchers will save/sell the bones from their products (if they sell boneless roasts, someone had to remove the bone). I also can order cases of pork ribs for about $1.25 per pound.

I hate talking on the phone to people I don't know, so email was perfect for me and I got a source of great CHEAP meat. wink Also, I've emailed people from craigslist and will be getting some organs, scraps, bones from the next time they butcher elk, pig, and turkey. I don't know about Costco, but Sam's Club has pretty good prices on turkey drumsticks and pork roasts.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 12:48 am

Raw Food Diet > Congrats to Lilith!

I'm da baby.

Barked: Wed Oct 6, '10 5:27am PST 
Yeah! Congratulations Lilith! cheer happy danceapplausehamster dancepartysnoopyhappy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Oct 6 7:46 pm

Raw Food Diet > How Can I Grind Bones?

I'm da baby.

Barked: Tue Oct 5, '10 12:42pm PST 
We have one of these grinders. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_36989_36989

It can grind up pork ribs. wink I'm sure it's not recommended, but it works. I've also ran chicken quarters through it and tilapia.

Also, if you go to one of their stores and the price is different than what's advertised on their website, they'll match the lower price.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 5 12:42 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.