Postings by Obbie R.I.P (2009-2013)'s Family

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My heart is broken, I don't understand how or why this happened

Obbie R.I.P- (2009-2013)

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 10:40am PST 
Thank-you everyone for your posts and understanding. It does help to know that other people understand or have been there. It isn't really getting easier.. I feel like it might be getting worse. I did sign up to volunteer a local shelter, I think this will help me, as I don't really have money to donate but I can donate my time. I know I should not blame the woman who took her in, the more time goes on the more I realize their intentions were to love and care for my dog. I don't like going on here and seeing her picture, but I am having a rough day and I just read every single response and every single one made me feel a lot better with your kind words, thank-you very much I really appreciate it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Obbie R.I.P (2009-2013), Aug 13 10:40 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My heart is broken, I don't understand how or why this happened
Obbie R.I.P- (2009-2013)

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 11:16am PST 
I am so upset right now. My heart is broken I just need to share my story with someone.Monday my Obbie passed away. I bottle fed her as a baby. She was a little baby to me. I carried her around and she slept in my bed. She was like a real person. She had temper tantrums, she sneezed on people and coughed on people.
In December 2012 I gave birth to a baby girl. My daughter was in the hospital quite a bit with different issues. We had so many doctors appointments. I missed a lot of work, lost my apartment and was staying in a room in someone's basement with my two dogs and my daughter and husband. I crate my dogs all day when I'm at work. I thought that if my dogs were to go to a new home with people who stayed at home they would be happier. I rehomed both of them after what I thought was careful searching for the perfect home. I sent Obbie to a family and it was the biggest mistake of my life. I didn't go to their home to check where they lived. I trusted someone to take care of My baby. I had a bad feeling about it. I ignored it. I let them take her. That was Saturday June 29th. On monday July 1st, I got a call that my precious baby had "run out the door" She was tragically killed by a car. She was trying to find me. It was pouring rain, and she hated the rain. She just wanted her mother. I drove down there on Tuesday with a friend because I could not work I was hysterical. I wanted my baby, I wanted to bury her or cremate her. I called everywhere to find out what happened to her. The cop took her away after a neighbor identified her. The woman told me after she went to the laundry mat the cop was at her house. You gave up looking for my baby and you just went to the laundry mat when she was out in the rain????The woman said she "didn't want to look at it" She was not an it! she was a she and she was like a child to me! I just lost it. We called everyone no one knows what happened to her or where the police officer took her. We went to the police station, I've called every town department, every animal shelter, animal control. I have no idea what happened to my little baby. I used to rock her to sleep, tuck her in, kiss her forhead she was like a child. I just wanted solice, I wanted my baby. What a stupid, stupid mistake I made. I wanted the best for her. I am so upset I have never ever felt this way in my life. I can't eat. Please tell me it gets better. If only I had her to cremate. I have no closure. She loved me so much, she trusted me and I let her down. I can't eat, I can't sleep..my baby needed me and I wasn't there. All I can do is try to educate people who were in a similar situation so that they re-home their dogs to a good place, charge rehoming fees, and things like this won't happen. I don't want anyone else to experience this pain. I want to know how I can do that..can I start a website? I always thought she would go elderly, in her sleep. This is so tragic. I lost my best friend I feel like not even going on. Thank-you for letting me just tell my story. Please read her bio, she was wonderful. Thank-you
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Obbie R.I.P (2009-2013), Aug 13 10:40 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Carpet -911 - HELP

Bailey

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 7:30pm PST 
"kids and pets" works awesome for spots, and the rug doctor, but if your renting a room I agree with the previous poster that getting it professionally cleaned is your best bet.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Mar 9 7:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Will my Pit Sharpei Rott sisters fight?

Obbie R.I.P- (2009-2013)

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 8:36pm PST 
I was told the same thing, That there would be a "bitch fight" by a trainer. I have two female litter mates. They will be three in April. Sometimes they get carried away with play fighting if one doesn't want to play and the other one does. They get annoyed at one another at times, but I corrected them at a young age so it never goes far. They are not fixed, and they go into heat at the same time usually, and I do watch them and their body language at that time just in case there is truth to the whole "bitch fighting" I have not had a problem, they love each other and cuddle with each other but bicker like regular sisters at times. Hope that helps!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Sep 27 6:57 pm

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Is there such a thing as a miniature Ridgeback?

Obbie R.I.P- (2009-2013)

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 8:21am PST 
Hi Sprout, I know this post is old but I've just joined this site. There is a possibility of your pup having Rhodesian Ridgeback. I have two 2 year old dogs that are part Ridgeback, and you would never know it! They are 15 lbs each, their father was a Toy Fox Terrier, and their mother is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. (I know, very strange)Their mother had them very young, I believe she was 6 months old when she got pregnant (accident)so she was smaller back then. My Obbie looks sort of like a mini ridge back, she has a dark stripe (but the hair is not going the opposite way) down her back. Her sister Bailey looks like a Jack Russel. So yes, it is possible that small dogs can be mixed with a large dog such as a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I think it is very rare. I have not met anyone else who has this mix breed..(except for someone I met in my town, but it turns out they had their littermates)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Obbie R.I.P (2009-2013), Mar 4 8:21 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.