Postings by Addison's Family

GO!

Catahoula Leopard Dog > Is my dog part Catahoula?

Addison

Catahoula Rescue

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 1:49pm PST 
Hi,
couldn't see the picture of your dog too well; he has the houla ears that I can see... I have two female catahoulas and love them to pieces! What a great breed. Does he have a white tipped tail, blue eyes anywhere, does the tail curve like a ? over his back, does his webbing go all the way to the toes??? Read up on the breed, they are amazing dogs!! Best on earth!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 10 6:47 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Should I put my dog to sleep...please help
Chloe

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 1:43pm PST 
Oh dear, I had a male cocker who was the sweetest dog until his birthday, 2 years old...then he turned into a raging vicious animal who would attack, mauling me for no provocation! I could never tell when he would turn and go after me - and I mean viciously!!! I had him checked medically head to toe, including a CT of his brain, medically sound. I had two trips to the ER from his attacks...I was going to euthanize but then found a single male who owned a farm who intensively trained him...he called after 3 months and said he was the best dog he ever had.
Your dog will continue to attack without warning IT IS CALLED COCKER RAGE SYNDROME DUE TO INBREEDING!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Sep 9 1:43 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best food for dog with demodex?

Chloe

No job too big

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 1:39pm PST 
Hi,
One of our Catahoulas has demodex and we have her with the Wellactin supplement and it helps a whole lot! The other houla has SEVERE food allergies, we had her on Azmira Lamb and rice and then found One Beyond by Purina. She is doing wonderfully on this Lamb and Barley kibble.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Sep 14 6:56 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Don't you hate having to choose? *SIGH*

Chloe

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 11:30am PST 
My parents loved me so much they had to get another, one that will play with me in our yard. Addison is a Catahoula Leopard dog too and a rescue. She is still learning how not to be so "feral" but doing well. Our 3 cats tolerate her, but she does poke them with her nose a lot!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 2 4:18 pm

Dog Health > Dog with a medical "mystery" ... any thoughts?

Chloe

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 3:29pm PST 
Hi
I have a Catahoula who is allergic to every food we tried that was "natural", 15 brands tried! We finally found Azmira and it resolved her weight loss, constant scratching, itching, scabs and twitching during sleep. I wish you the best and hope you'll post if you find out the answer.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Feb 26 3:29 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > Catahoula//Border Collie//Lab Retriever mix???

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 9:23pm PST 
Hi,
I have two Catahoula Leopard dogs, female. Does your dog have webbed feet all the way to the toes? Doe he/she have a tail that curves tightly over her back and has a white tip? If so could be a Houla with a mix of another, lab or collie.. Enjoy, beautiful dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 22 9:23 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.