Postings by Zoe's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > Partial RAW?
Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 3:52am PST 
It was too hard for us to continue feeding all raw, between cost and finding all the corect ingrediants. We feed grain free dog food for the morning meal and raw for the evening meal and never had a problem with it. I limit the bone to maybe every 2 weeks. I think you need to know your dog, and what works for some dogs might not work for other dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoe, May 4 3:52 am

Raw Food Diet > dog study, diet related, different from wolves
Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 1:54am PST 
This is a pretty easy forum to post on. People are very tolerant of everyones different feeding styles. No one comes on here to pick a fight, usually. I feed raw in the am and a high quality grain free kibble at night. Mostly because I was worried about the right nutrition combination and cost. My black lab had so many ear infections that we didn't even go in to see the vet anymore. We would treat, wait a week and start over. After switching to completely raw, and then the above combination she hasn't had an ear infection. In over 18 months. Not one. Even my vet is impressed. She had such bad stomach aches and gas she could clear the house. Problem solved. Most of us who switch to raw take it very seriously, know our dogs and do what is best for them. As I said eveyone here is pretty easy going, maybe if someone really wants to fight they should go over to the yahoo raw feeding forum.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 4:41 pm

Raw Food Diet > Does Raw Food amplify behaviours?

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:45am PST 
I was told by so many people that my dogs would become more hyper and violent feeding raw and it simply has not happened. We feed alot of vension and my dogs have not started chasing deer.big grin They are not violent toward each other or anyone else. I have a grandchild and they are both completely submissive to her, no licking her, no guarding of toys, no anxiety if she accidently falls on them.applause I think a lot of what people want to blame on raw is training.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mulder, Dec 14 3:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > hungry hungry hippo- I mean- dog!

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 7:18am PST 
My girls are both the same way, hungry all the time. I can't gorge them because they would not quit eating. They eat kibble with the same enthusiasm as real meat. My family doesn't help either they are always saying , "they're still hungry, you need to feed them more." laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoe, Nov 2 7:18 am

Raw Food Diet > Have to go to half-and-half for a little while.. First time is over 2 years!

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:50pm PST 
We are doing half and half right now too. Have run out of venison and can't afford to buy the right combos of eveything else. We do raw in the morning and kibble in the evening. I keep my percentages the same just on a smaller scale. Good luck with everything you have going on!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Oct 5 7:34 am

Raw Food Diet > I have tons of meat
Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 12:15am PST 
I live very close to this area and have sent you an email. I am desperately looking for meat right now so any amount would be helpful. And also thank you for your husbands service for this country!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Luke , Jun 16 2:50 pm

Raw Food Diet > Do you reuse your ziplock baggies?

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 10:01pm PST 
I don't use ziplock baggies. I keep all my grocery bags, the liners from cereal boxes, bread bags, etc., and use them. After use I just pitch them. This was a suggestion from someone on this sight and I think it was a great tip. Saves money and I'm recycling/reusing.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Noah, Dec 6 8:25 am

Raw Food Diet > What are the blood panels for raw supposed to look like?

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 4:29am PST 
okay thanks. I found the expected levels on line and I'll just keep in mind what shoud be higher. Any idea what the price on this will be? If it comes out normal I'll do it once a year, if I'm off I might do it again in another 6 months.

I told my vet last time I was in that I had switched to RAW when he complimented me how clean my labs ears were. (She was always getting ear infections before RAW), and honestly he seemed better with it than the receptionist.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoe, Apr 26 4:29 am

Raw Food Diet > What are the blood panels for raw supposed to look like?

Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 10:40pm PST 
My first appointment to check how well I'm feeding and I don't know what the blood panels for a raw fed dog are supposed to be. Where do I find this info? I'm nervous about this because the receptionist wasn't happy that I was feeding raw and going with a revised shot schedule.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoe, Apr 26 4:29 am

Raw Food Diet > Baby Fawns?
Zoe

Take me to the- River!

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '12 6:53pm PST 
Thanks everyone. Just needed to hear I haven't completely gone mad for even thinking such a thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tessa Sue~*In loving memory*~, Apr 3 7:57 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.