Postings by Prada's Family

GO!

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > What's up with Dogster?

Prada

Are you sure its- not all about- me??

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 2:05pm PST 
I was having the same problems, also wondering how a dairy of the day pic can be one that has not been written since 09 and even saw one 07.... wow....
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jun 25 4:06 pm

Small Dogs > I picked up a stray
Prada

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 11:09am PST 
Most people would not have stopped for many reason, and with this little one, breed is one of those reason. Thank you for being a foster angel little angel for this pup until your answers are resolved. I do think you need to look for the owner. If this little one has been reacting as you described then it may have been out for some time without help because others couldn't, or wouldn't get near. I love my I love my min pin so I feel a link to this one, weird I know. I hope you can keep us updated on your progress and that its home is found be it the good home it came from or yours is that is not the case.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 7:45 pm

Small Dogs > Nails?

Prada

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 12:29am PST 
It is so sad that there are people that will breed for unmentionable reason. Prada was a puppy mill rescue that was raised in a cage only to breed when she came of age. In that time her nails grew and so she broke her leg when it apparently got caught in the cage and they never did anything with it but let it heal. She has a deformity from the neglect and has a limp that is worse at times than others, but she has had an amazing "recovery" and is a very well adjusted dog with people, her bed, and all situations!!

let us know how things go!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chester, Jun 18 9:19 am

Small Dogs > Nails?

Prada

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 9:12pm PST 
I was thinking, if they are that long and neglected by previous owners for a long period of time as it sounds, with her reaction, they may actually be some pain involved and touching is not merely causing fear but more pain. Just a thought thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chester, Jun 18 9:19 am

Small Dogs > Nails?

Prada

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 5:49pm PST 
I had a problem with Prada and her nails when she first came to live with us. Prada, is also a rescue from an abusive situation. In our situation all it took was taking my time and really talking with her and reassuring her with calm tones while I was working on her nails. It was just me so I wrapped her snuggle in a blanket and held her and talked quietly. I patted and messed with her feet a lot while not trying to take care of nails also before jumping into the nails situation when I saw she was resistant. Something I am sure you already know is that they are much easier to work with following a bath, I know it helps Prada.

I also agree with the other response, if they are seriously over grown, go the the groomer or your vet and get them to tackle the hard job away from your presence so that it is not a barrier in your relationship.

Well this is just my two cents worth, if it is even worth that puppy

Blessings,
Prada's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Chester, Jun 18 9:19 am

Raw Food Diet > I am new and want to learn
Scooter

Barked: Tue Jul 28, '09 3:28pm PST 
I am only beginning to learn about raw diets. My mom is reading but has not started yet. She has read a bunch of the questions and answers here but many of them are from long timers. Forgive me but she needs the elementary version... bark
If you can tell me how to help her get started and get us adjusted I would really appreciate the help.

Mom needs to know how to purchase, what to purchase and how to prepare, how much to feed, and how often. Just general rule here, I dont want to gain or lose a bvunch of weight or gt sick make the change over, I hate being sick. I am never sick, so why change a good thing? Or sorry, I just dont like change.

Thanks, one thing about Mom, she loves reading and learning.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Byron, Jul 29 11:45 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.