Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Puppy Place > Commands to teach puppy
*MAYA*

I arrived and I- conquered!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:16pm PST 
Potty time... hang the bell on the door, if possible, and ask him to ring it each time he wants to go out and do his business.

Paw, sit, stay, NO, lay down, come, go, kisses, these are several that Maya responds to (most of the time if she is in the mood for :O)

Hope these helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 18 1:00 am

Puppy Place > is my dog poodle mix or maltese??
*MAYA*

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:11pm PST 
Hi Mason... you kind of look like Maya... she is a Maltipoo... and you really see the Poodle in her when she is wet... other than that, when her hair gets a little longer, there's a wave to it... not curls, again, unless she is wet, and GEE... does she love the water.
Maltese... and...? Let's us know.
Other than that, Mason is beautiful.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 6:11 pm

Puppy Place > Hi everyone... don't even know where to start....

*MAYA*

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 1:23pm PST 
It has been a long while that I have not been here, but it has not been possible... sorry. Hello to old and new friends.

So... Maya is now a year old and somethings are perfect, like her potty training and others... I guess not so perfect.

1. Where I have her haircut, which by the way is where I used to take Arthur to, does not do a good job; I am not happy how Maya hates going there and her haircuts are not the most attractive ones to look at.
This last time, the owner told me that she thinks Maya needs to be more socialized. I say, WTH... since I regularly take Maya on walks, she plays with her "boyfriend" Jessie all the time, and she even goes to the doggie park and is people friendly!

2. Maya scratches one side of her face, around mouth area, like crazy! She does it so hard sometimes that I feel the need to stop her. The Dr. gave me ear and eyes drops and Benadryl. The last one makes her groggy... and I hate seeing her like that.
I have changed her food several times, and nothing seems to help (the lastest food is Natural Balance and she loves it; Blue Buffallo worked fine until she got tired of it... and it was not helping her with her tears either, I did hope that would help).

3. As for putting on her harness to go for a walk or to pick her up to take her downstairs, Maya now does not come to us. She just sits there. We utilize the regular commands and nothing. Most of the time, she either does not go for a walk or goes downstairs with us, because it does get old to call her and assure that all is fine and there's an "award" by her coming to us.
I know I should have more patience... and I am working on timing it and than just go my way; what I don't understand is that Maya used to come to us, now she does not, she does understand what is going on but... for whatever reason... she just sits there.

4. She only seems to do "tricks" upon knowing that we have treats ready. Any other way to go about it?

So, any advice? Thanks a lot.

Maya's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 6:41 pm

Puppy Place > To change or not... Maya's food! HELP!

*MAYA*

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 2:40pm PST 
Hi again.

We are fully invested on Blue Bufallo, grain free for puppy food.

Maya seems to be doing just fine and even my "blind as a bat" hubby noticed that her tears are less pronounced. Could it be true?!?!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

*MAYA*

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 5:26pm PST 
Hi Mika and Kai... thanks so much for the heads up regarding the tears; Maya's tears are driving me nuts. I love her to death but every day I have to clean her beautiful face and the crude thing.

Right now we are still doing the trial and the tears are still present.

I just feed her the last pieces of BB Natural Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe. She seems to be going at it like she really enjoys it.

I will keep you advised.

Thanks,

Maya's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

*MAYA*

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 7:23pm PST 
Day two of BB trial with Maya... she did it again... took a mouth full of mixed food, dumped on the floor, choose BB over the old food and that's it.

I guess I will finish the little trial bag and take it from there. I got a good review from the kid at the local pet store regarding Merrick and Canidae (please forgive the spealling, I hope it's right); he said these are not carried by all stores and Canidae is really, really, expensive ;o(
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

*MAYA*

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 6:35pm PST 
Hi Moms... so I went to Petco and got Maya her treats... that Frankie recommended a while ago and loves them.... Than I stopped at the food aisle and OMG! Talk about not to know where to start.

So after work, I stopped at a local pet store; spoke with a young man and showed him the list of good foods I printed from here.
The one that kept on jumping at me, was by Blue Buffalo, which the young man recommended. He was nice enough to give me a sample bag that I brought home to see if Maya would "buy it".

Well, I gave Maya two pieces to try and she liked it. Than, I mixed just a little bit of the new dry food for puppies with the old; Maya walked right away to her plate and started taking a mouth full of food... drop it on the floor, and choose only the new pieces of Blue Buffalo for puppies. SHE LOVED IT... AND EAT THEM ALL! Left pretty much all of the "old" food back.

She is 7 and 1/2 months old, and I don't know if it is because it is too hot but she has only be eating once a day. It's either that or she was already too tired of her first dry food. So what do you think? Blue Buffalo it is?

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Once again, thanks so much.

PS: Thanks to Onyx... here's the link where I got the idea for new food(s) trial for Maya:

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/518898
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

*MAYA*

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 4:16am PST 
* Maya's present food is Puppy Formula 31/20 Loyall by Nutrena (sorry, oversite on my side).
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

*MAYA*

Barked: Tue Jul 17, '12 8:03pm PST 
So Maya is about to turn 8 months old and she has been eating what her breeder recommended... dry food for puppies by Natura.

I had a really hard time finding a store that carried the brand but I did... 6 months later, I am done with that huge bag... and now what? Should I continue with the same brand or change? I had to travel over 30 miles to get it.

I read the article well written by Sedona on all kinds of food, but am still confused.

My vet told me to feed my dry food, because as a Maltipoo she will have a "yucky" mouth/teeth, if I feed her can food. My Arthur died of mouth cancer and I used to feed him a mix of dry and canned.

He also said I should by what is available at any supermarket... than again, the article said that the food at the supermarkets is really not the best.

Don't know what to do and have to come up with a decision very, very soon... like yesterday!

Help.

Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 7:51 am

Food & Nutrition > So You Are Confused By Dog Food
*MAYA*

Barked: Tue Jul 17, '12 7:54pm PST 
Quite the article... well done and thanks so much for all the information, comparisions, advice....
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 11:18 am

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.