Postings by Hailie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 81: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Dutch Shepherd Questions
Hailie

Hey leave my- family ALONE!

Barked: Fri Mar 6, '15 4:03pm PST 
She is beautiful. Isis is around 8 weeks or so and really cute. I got roped into puppy sitting for her owners last night and I found out some things about her that made me more than a little angry. My son who is almost 18 told me that he knows her owner really well and that they took her from her mom before she even had her eyes open. She is really sweet but she does a LOT of whining and crying if put in her crate. She doesnt read my two little dogs social cues very well at all because she was taken away from her mom way too soon. Garnet however puts her in her place pretty quickly. How fast did yours grow the first 12 weeks or so?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hailie, Today 4:03 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dutch Shepherd Questions
Hailie

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '15 1:33pm PST 
A friend of mine came over this week with their adorable puppy. She is about 8-12 weeks old and a beautiful golden brindle with white paws and a white chest but has a black mask much like a shepherd would. They said they were told that she was a pit bull but she doesnt have any of the looks that most pit bulls do. I have had many pits during the last 16 years and none of them have ever had the look that Isis does. She is so cute though. I guess what I am asking is if anyone has pictures of their Dutch Shepherds as puppies and what info there is out there besides what I have found on line. Like are they good with kids, other dogs, cats?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hailie, Today 4:03 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > so huskies are now on the list too? really people?

Demon Shadow

I'm just a- scared pup tryin- to be brave

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 3:01pm PST 
I have 3 husky mixes, a German Shepherd, 2 German Shepherd/lab mixes 2 Boston terrier min pin mixes and a pit bull plus every other weekend I bring home a neutered male white German Shepherd mix from the shelter for the weekend. There has only been one instance where one of my dogs has bitten someone and that was when my pit bull first became a part of our family. She was fear aggressive with men because of what her former owner had done to her. Now though she doesnt bite anyone and is much better with men all because I taught her that men were a good thing by giving her treats each time a man would come near her. She is also good with kids and small animals. Yes I understand that big powerful dogs like Casper my shelter dog buddy who spent the first four years of his life on a chain can have issues I also understand that it is my job and responsibility to train the dog to behave the proper way around not only children but humans and other dogs in general.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Feb 20 3:01 pm

Behavior & Training > How Do I Deal With My "Scary" Leashed Dog?

Hailie

Barked: Wed Feb 18, '15 10:07am PST 
The gentle leader head collar does work really well. I use it on volunteer days at the shelter when I go and walk dogs and for training the more hard headed ones. I am really consistent when using it on Casper my favorite dog there. He is 73 pounds of pure hardheaded muscle. We think that he is half white GSD and half Belgian Malinois but we arent sure. The director wanted me to walk him on a slip lead that if he had half a mind to he could snap it in a second and be gone. I showed her the gentle leader and walked him with it on once around her and she could not believe how much he changed just walking quietly beside me instead of lunging and pulling like a mad thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Heidi, Feb 18 2:23 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Booties, A question and advice needed

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 6:44pm PST 
Tank and Bella both have the ruffwear boots and they dont seem to bother their paws at all. I bought Tanks in the grey and Bella's in red then dyed Tanks blue to go with his gear. I love the boots and so do the dogs. We used them last fall at a car show and although we got some funny looks the dogs paws didnt get hurt.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Feb 16 6:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > free feeding
Hailie

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 6:09pm PST 
My dogs are all free fed and none of them are over weight. I just had them in at the vet last month for their shots and they are doing great. Three of the pack have gained a little weight which the vet said is fine. Blaize weighs 17.1 pounds Tundra is 54 pounds and Drizzit is up to 44 pounds. Tundra was 42 pounds last year and Drizzit was 32 pounds. Hailie, Tank and Bella look like they are being starved if they are not free fed but fed out of a bowl. The dog that I bring home every other weekend from the shelter where I volunteer is used to getting only one very small bowl of food per day and he is 73 pounds. How I dont know but he is a very powerful dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hailie, Feb 16 6:09 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I know he is part White German Shepherd but what else is he?

Hailie

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 5:54pm PST 
Not real sure what he is but I know that I love this big guy. I have him here at home right now because I brought him home for the weekend and with the sudden snow that we got yesterday I called the shelter this morning and they told me just to stay home and keep him warm and happy till the roads are safer to travel. He is a real sweetheart and I love having him around just have to dig out my bigger crate from the back of the garage. He accepts the crate beautifully and is getting better on the leash. We are doing a lot of training when out for potty walks.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hailie, Feb 16 5:54 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I know he is part White German Shepherd but what else is he?

Hailie

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 7:40am PST 
For a few months now I have been volunteering at one of our local no kill shelters working with one big beautiful dog in particular. He is a five year nine month old neutered White German Shepherd mix. We think he might have some Belgian Malinois in him but we arent sure. The shelter got him in over a year ago and no one wants to adopt him at all. He is a big snuggle bug but can be a bit hard headed. His name is Casper and the shelter lets me bring him home with me every other weekend just to give him a few days away from the shelter. He does pretty well with my own dogs but some of the shelter dogs seem to make him real nervous. You can see a picture of him on Hailie's page as I havent figured out how to post pictures anywhere else.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hailie, Feb 16 5:54 pm

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(

Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 4:46pm PST 
So sorry to hear of Kali's passing. It does not seem to get easier with time because they leave such a hurt in our hearts when they leave us. I know that Maggie and Katana were waiting to show her the way around the bridge and I know that Maggie will show her the best place to watch over you from the bridge. Again so very sorry to hear of her loss
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Veterinarian for SD
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 4:17pm PST 
Hey Breezy have you tried the ruff wear grip tex boots on her? Thats the type that my husband and I use for our two SDs. They dont seem to rub their dew claws at all. We use a liner first then the boots and they seem to work well for them. You might try those before thinking of the surgery.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Dec 17 3:53 pm

(Page 1 of 81: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.