Postings by Hailie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 80: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > What Breed to Get?
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 9:01pm PST 
You might look into a lab mix. My husband and I both have SDiTs they are brother and sister German Shepherd Lab mixes. Last year when they were vaccinated they were 68 pounds for Tank the male and 58 pounds for Bella the female. I know that sounds a bit big but they are hard working dogs and love to work.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 7:31 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Non leather mobility harness
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 8:57pm PST 
I dont know of a company but you might try something like a neoprene harness. My husband's SDiT has a set of backpacks that he wears that has a handle on the top of the packs but I would suggest finding the neoprene harness someone else might suggest another type of harness but I cant remember what it is.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 8 8:10 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I "wash out" my SDit

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '14 9:24pm PST 
My husband and I both have SDiTs. Ours are brother and sister lab german shepherd mixes and where the male 90+ pound Tank has been in training longer and normally behaves better than his 70 pound sister Bella we take the two of them to events like independent wrestling shows, local festivals and carnivals and trips to the mall. We also have the law that gives SDiTs the same access as fully trained ones. We have had to cut back on their training because of my husband's PTSD, Agoraphobia and his balance issues and my own issues as well as my schooling we havent had much time to do a lot of training. I cant find a trainer around here that uses the same training methods that we do which is positive reinforcement training. We normally take the dogs to stores and such as well as I took Bella with me to school a couple times and she did well but we found that she doesnt like going up and down on elevators because they scare her a little. Whatever problems you are having be patient, It may take time but you and your dog can work through each thing in time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 23 4:48 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency

Demon Shadow

I'm just a- scared pup tryin- to be brave

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 10:49pm PST 
All I can do is pass on info and worry.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency

Demon Shadow

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 8:48pm PST 
All I can do is pass on info and worry.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Demon Shadow

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '14 5:29am PST 
in our area the only one I know of is Friends for animals and I think they are connected with the local shelter. If we were in an area like Indy then maybe there would be more help. I will look up their number in the morning. I feel bad for the dogs though cause other than Shaggy and the pups none of the dogs are inside. Even as cold as it was this winter none of the dogs were taken inside because they were "too hyper".
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Demon Shadow

Barked: Mon Jun 16, '14 5:53pm PST 
I dont even know if that would help. Her husband was my "mechanic" and had been a "friend" since I was a kid. They get by with so much stuff that most people wouldn't that I wonder if they arent lining the pockets of the city. I just pity the dogs and the cats. They have cats down at the shop that are unaltered and constantly having litters of kittens. I will be gettind Demon spayed in September when my student loan refunds come in. I had her vaccinated and am working with her to get her set for a good home. She has come a long way with being around men and children but still needs to learn what the right things are to bite on and when play time is over. I worry about the puppies that my exstep mom has though because I dont think the mom was ever vaccinated.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Demon Shadow

Barked: Mon Jun 16, '14 1:47am PST 
My ex stepmother had a little female pom who in my opinion she bred more than she should have. Well a couple weeks ago the dog had her either fourth or fifth or perhaps even sixth litter. Well the pups I guess have just started to open their eyes but anyway the mother dog started to act really weird as in she was fine one moment then a little while later she was having seizures of some sort. The owner rushed her to the vet and the vet gave her several shots of calcium in various spots on her body. The vet told them that she might be ok because she was sitting up but half an hour later the little dog was dead. Now she has these little pups with out a mother and she cannot get them to nurse from a bottle or eye dropper. What can she do to get them to eat? I TOLD HER SEVERAL TIMES NOT TO BREED THIS DOG BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY TOY BREEDS IN SHELTERS OR RESCUES!!! SHE DIDNT LISTEN TO ME AND NOW THIS CUTE LITTLE DOG IS DEAD AND THEY ARE KEEPING A FEMALE FROM THIS LITTER!!!! I pity the pups because she doesnt know how to raise them. She has five other dogs besides the litter of pups. One is Tank and Bella's brother King who is not neutered, then she has Buddy a jack mix who is also not neutered, Dizzy and her sister that I cant think of the name of at the moment who are both not spayed. Also she has Shaggy an older Shi Tzu who is spayed. One of the two either Dizzy or her sister is known for killing small animals so I worry that these pups could be in danger of being killed by that dog. Sadly she wont listen even to the vet. My main concern though is how to get these little pups to eat so that they can survive to be placed in good homes.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Intense and New Fear of Fireworks

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Tue May 27, '14 7:02pm PST 
Have you considered getting a Thundershirt for her? When my husband and I got Bella she was so afraid of her crate and going for car rides that she would whine and cry the whole time when she wasnt throwing up in the car. We bought a Thundershirt for her and put it on her. The first night she wore it to sleep in her crate and she slept the whole night through. Now the only time she wears her Thundershirt is during the weeks leading up to the 4th of July. What I did was put it on her about 10 minutes before putting Bella to bed then put her in her crate and closed the crate door and latched it. She slept wonderfully that night and now as I say only needs her Thundershirt the last few weeks in June through the 4th of July fireworks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Millie, May 28 8:07 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying goodbye
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Mon May 26, '14 6:28am PST 
Its been almost 2 years since my beloved husky Maggie and my husband's Service Dog Doberman Katana both passed away. We still miss them both. They were our babies and our partners in crime at times. Katana died of a massive heart attack in August year before last and Maggie of Brain Cancer in October that same year.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by TedEbear In Lღving Memory, Jun 9 7:33 pm

(Page 1 of 80: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.