Postings by Amber's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Jasper Goes to Rainbow Bridge Today
Pharaoh (In- Memory)

Let's go for a- run!

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '16 3:57pm PST 
Oh, I just saw this. I'm so sorry. After caring for him all these years as his health declined I'm sure you knew when it was time. My vet told me once, whether it was a specific illness or aging, think of their declining health as a staircase. A health issue arises, you take care of it, handle it with medication, therapy, etc., they stabilize and you go on. Eventually, another issue arises, you take care of it, handle it, they stabilize and you go on. But each issue is one step down the staircase ... until finally you're on the bottom step, there's no place to go any more and you both have reached the inevitable.
We all know this, we've all been there, but it's still not easy. We know it, have been preparing for it and have accepted it in our mind, but in our heart .... it is never accepted.
hughughughughug
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pharaoh (In Memory), Aug 20 3:57 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > American Hero Dog Voting
Amber

All the world's- a playground!

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '16 3:33pm PST 
Voting to determine the 2016 American Hero Dog grand prize winner is open!

The Hero Dog Awards judges and the public voted, and the top 8 Hero Dog Awards finalists have been announced. Vote once per day until 12pm Pacific Time on August 24 for the 2016 American Hero Dog.
The 2016 American Hero Dog grand prize winner will be announced at the star-studded awards gala this September.

Voters must be U.S. residents at least 18 years of age and may vote for one dog each day. Individuals may not use more than one email address to vote more than one time per day. Invalid votes, as determined by American Humane Association, will not be counted.

http://herodogawards.org/vote/
blue dogdogblue dogdogblue dogdogblue dog
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Amber, Aug 20 3:33 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Foxxy was mauled.

Amber

Barked: Sat Jul 9, '16 8:11pm PST 
Yes, you do need to report it, especially (at least in the police eyes), because your husband was bit.
Oh, that is so sad! I know how devastated you must be.
My Amber was attacked this Spring as we walked around the block. A dog came out from her house, crossed the street and went for Amber's throat. If Amber would have been small like your Foxy ... but her size saved her. This is something we never think could happen because we care and love our furkids so much. My heart goes out to you and your husband. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
hughughughughughug
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Talker, Our Forever Angel, Jul 26 5:24 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > I can't add a new dogs profile picture to get it active.

Amber

Barked: Mon May 30, '16 10:36pm PST 
Looks like you finally got your pictures up. If you need any further help, try emailing
support@dogster.com
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dee dee, Jun 21 3:39 pm

Puppy Place > Why can't I up load my new pup pic

Amber

Barked: Wed May 18, '16 8:36pm PST 
Jade is a cutie! way to go I can see your page but not Jade's picture in your family's group. Try loading the picture again and/or reduce the size of the picture before you try loading it. If you still can't get results, contact
support@dogster.com. Be sure to leave a link to one of your dogs in your email.
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Amber, May 18 8:36 pm

Puppy Place > Why can't I up load my new pup pic
Amber

Barked: Tue May 3, '16 10:05pm PST 
You can keep trying every day. Depending on what the techies are doing each day, various things work and some don't.
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Amber, May 18 8:36 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Desi

Amber

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '15 8:51pm PST 
Have you tried contacting any Cocker rescue groups? They might be able to foster her, especially since she is a retired service dog.
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jan 7 4:27 am

Puppy Place > Brindle border collie.

Amber

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '15 8:38pm PST 
It's hard to see your whole body from your picture and I'm no expert with either breed, but I would say your head looks more like a retriever. You also mention in your bio that you love water ... well, retrievers certainly love water. Maybe others who are more familiar with the two breeds will post soon.

Welcome to Dogster! welcome
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Nov 22 8:51 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > . . . In The Line of Duty ...

B'Elanna (In- Memory)

What? What? I- can't hear you!

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 1:08pm PST 
*Shot and killed In The Line Of Duty*
Anderson County Sheriff's Office, S.C.
Rest In Peace Deputy K9 HYCO
End Of Watch: 10-21-15
K9 Hyco, 7, was shot and killed by a car-jacking suspect (details.below). Born with a soul that has Courage to wear the Badge, K9 Hyco had been taking a bite out of crime for six years. Partnered with his K9 Handler Deputy Brandon Surratt, this team worked hard and tirelessly for the Anderson County Sheriff's Office and the People of Anderson County. With his tenaciousness, dedication, and loyalty to his work, K9 Hyco was one half of the best trained K9 team this agency has.

Though the bond between a Police K-9 handler and his/her partner can not be put into words, Hyco and Brandon were so in-tune and in sync with one another that they operated as if they were one ... and they got the job done. Whether it be apprehending violent offenders, sniffing out the dope (and the dopes), or having fun while educating the public, this Dynamic Duo were an integral part of the agency and the community they served.

In 2012, K9 Hyco and Deputy Surratt, (along with another ACSO K-9), completed the American Police Canine Association’s level 3 certification which recognized them as among the top certified units in the country. The certification qualified K9 Hyco and his partner for tracking, narcotics detection, building searches, article searches, aggression control and obedience. Deputy Surratt and K9 Hyco were awarded the 2012 APCA President's Award for Professional Excellence.

In May 2014, while K9 Hyco was attempting to flush a suspect from under a home, the suspect grabbed hold of Hyco and attempted to choke the K9 to death. K9 Hyco's handler was able to save his partner and the suspect was arrested and charged. K9 Hyco recovered quickly and went back to doing what he loves doing best, making a difference in his small corner of the world. K9 Hyco had more than 100 apprehensions during his career.

This beautiful, gentle German Shepherd was fearless, tough, and friendly all the same. He knew when it was time to work and stayed focused and excited but at the end of his shift, K9 Hyco turned into a big mush and loved to just lounge around with his family members, especially brother Brandon's three young children and beloved bride, or kickin' it up with Brandon's other dogs.

Full of energy, determination, and a will to please, K9 Hyco did it all for nothing more than his favorite mouth toy, a belly rub, and a "Good Boy!!" May we always remember how he lived and how he gave his life keeping his fellow Deputies, and the People, safe from a violent suspect.

*For it is not just those with two legs who are born with a soul that has Courage to wear the Badge*© ~Nessie~

On Wednesday 21 October 2015, 1300hours, Anderson County Deputies responded to a reported car-jacking in Townville. Witnesses reported as many as four suspects were involved in this crime. Deputies began looking for the stolen vehicle and spotted it on Highway 24. the Deputies attempted to pull the driver over but the driver refused to heed and the chase was on. The vehicle eventually stopped and all the occupants bailed and began fleeing on foot near the New Prospect Church Road.

Deputy Surratt released K9 Hyco to give chase and one suspect turned and began firing gunshots at the Deputies and K9 Hyco. Hyco was determined to not let this continue and went full steam to stop this violent suspect, and was struck by gunfire while doing so. Brother Brandon grabbed his injured partner and rushed to the emergency vet. One suspect was arrested at the scene. At the time of this posting, a manhunt is ongoing for the remaining suspects. Several agencies came running to assist and we thank them for this. Our prayers are with everyone hunting these dangerous suspects. (we will update with outcome of manhunt)

Sadly, and with very heavy heart, this proved to be our 4-legged brother's final battle ... Deputy K9 Hyco succumbed to gunshot wounds and was pronounced a short time after arriving at the hospital.

K9 Hyco leaves behind his handler/partner/best friend Brandon and family. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Surratt family, the Men and Women of the Anderson County So, to all who came running to assist, and to all whom have had the pleasure and the privilege of knowing and working along side this True Blue Hero.

Our 4-legged 'Brother', as you now patrol the Rainbow Bridge may you continue your vigilant watch over us all as we carry on in your Honor. We thank you for your service and for your sacrifice, We thank you for your life. Job Well Done. Good Boooyy!!!

Rest In Peace Deputy K9 HYCO ... We Have The Watch From Here. SALUTE!

K9 Hyco is the 23nd of 26 Law Enforcement K9s to give their life in the line of duty this year 2015 - the first for the state of South Carolina this year.

~ written by Nessie for True Blue Warriors ~
copyright2015 Nessie/TrueBlueWarriors.org
www.facebook.com/truebluewarriors
ACSO : http://andersonsheriff.org/

We will update with services and memorial information once finalized.

We will update with K9 cop killer information once details are released.
update: The 23 year old suspect that was arrested was booked at 2051hours Wednesday. Anderson County Sheriff John Skipper will be asking a judge for warrants Thursday morning to charge him with attempted murder and the shooting of a police dog. We won't go into details because we don't want to take focus away from our Hero Hyco but this dirtbag, after seeing his very violent criminal conviction history, had no business being out on the streets. Deputies are still searching for two other men that they believe were involved in the incident

10-22 Update: All three suspects now in custody - The second suspect was arrested during a traffic stop Thursday - the third suspect turned himself into Seneca Police Department on Thursday. The shooter was last night and is charged with attempted murder of Police and shooting of police dog - A conviction of shooting and killing a police K-9 carries a sentence of one to five years in prison.
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by gracie cat, Oct 27 8:17 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And So It ended 10.02.2015
Pharaoh (In- Memory)

Let's go for a- run!

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '15 4:02pm PST 
This is one of my favorite poems. It says everything.

MAY I GO NOW?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless hopeless nights?
I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond to set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living Light.
I want to go I really do, it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears
I love you so, and that you know, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know
That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you for loving me, You know I love you too,
That's why it's hard to say goodbye and "end" this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.
~author unknown~
hughughughughughughug
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Reina, Nov 1 5:37 pm

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.