Postings by Suki's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Choosing the Right Dog > Please tell me something is wrong!
Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 10:26am PST 
I don't think any reputable breeder would breed a dog that is a carrier for vWD. At least, that wouldn't be reputable in my book.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Winnie Mae, Apr 23 2:16 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Anti-Spay/neuter
Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 10:25am PST 
I'm still not sure if I want to adopt my next dog for that reason. Since I only get my dogs from reputable breeders, they require spay/neuter contract. So, I will probably end up telling them that the dog will be for show (which it won't be). I hate to tell a lie, but 99.99% of reputable breeders do not want to sell a companion dog intact.
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Sage CGC, Sep 28 3:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Anti-Spay/neuter

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 9:22am PST 
I just want to do what is the absolute best for my dogs. I'm borderline OCD about it! laugh out loud But then I think of all the millions of dogs dying in shelters every year and think "how could adopting one of those dogs not be the best thing?" I'm really on the fence about it right now. My dogs have had no spay-related problems and I don't know anyone's dog who had. One of my friends has an intact female with inctontinence. I found the cutest dog on petfinder in my local shelter. She is 16 weeks old (will be spayed before being adopted) and is a Cocker Spaniel/Labrador Retriever Mix. Thanks for helping me change my way of thinking. I guess I shouldn't let extremists on either end push me one way or the other.
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Sage CGC, Sep 28 3:32 pm

Dog Health > Article on ear cropping

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 9:15am PST 
I just think docking/cropping a companion dog is kind of pointless just because you want the dog to have a certain look. Should I have one of Suki's legs removed because I think my friend's tripod dog is adorable!?! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 133 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 3:43 pm

Dog Health > St. John's wort for dogs?

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:52am PST 
For dogs? No. For people? Yes. I take St. John's Wort for mood swings during PMS. Very helpful! lol But, I wouldn't give it to a dog. For anxiety in dogs, I recommend trying essence of holly. You just put a few drops on their tongue. I do this for Suki and Cocoa when they have a long car ride and it just mellows them out totally.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sam, Apr 22 10:35 am

Puppy Place > What is the strangest breed you've been mistaken for?
Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:48am PST 
I've had several people ask if Suki is a Doberman Pinscher. laugh out loud Ummm...Australian Kelpie!
[notify]
» There has since been 78 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jul 8 9:21 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:46am PST 
Really good article for those wanting to do homecooked! I'm a rawbie, but I think homecooked is 3rd best (1st is prey model raw and 2nd is BARF). lol
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 13 5:29 pm

Raw Food Diet > Need a guide on how to do Raw food!

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:45am PST 
This is probably the best website I have come across for raw feeding. It is my Bible. laugh out loud

http://www.rawfed.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Suki, Apr 22 8:45 am

Food & Nutrition > Diet Kong

Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:43am PST 
That is a good idea, Sarah. I put raw ground beef in my dog's kongs and then I freeze it (really good summer treat). big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Apr 22 3:18 pm

Dog Health > Article on ear cropping
Suki

Tireless

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:42am PST 
Lucille makes a lot of good points. If the dogs are going to be working, I can totally understand docking. But for dogs that are simply going to be companions, I don't see the point. I think the responsible thing to do would when a breeder (reputable) is taking deposits and putting people on a waiting list for their puppies, they should ask if they want this dog as a working dog or just a companion. The puppies going to working homes should be docked and the pups going to companion homes shouldn't be. I think that is just common sense. Most of today's terriers are companions and docking their tails is just pointless. If they are actually working in the field or going to ground, then docking is probably for the best.
[notify]
» There has since been 137 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 3:43 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.