Postings by Izze's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Food & Nutrition > What doggy food do you recommend?
Izze

My ACD is- tougher then- your [breed]

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 10:26pm PST 
I would stay away from nature variety right now as they have issued a recall on their prairie beet/badly recipe & I had to throw out a bag of venison/millet prairie cuz it developed a fowl smell & my dogs would no longer eat it.

I contacted the store I bought from, very nice ppl he said it had something to do with a bad batch of fat or something, I have also heard on Facebook of other formulas (salmon instinct) having to also be returned.

What about USA made foods? I live in Texas & am concerned about the effect shipping all that way has on a food. There is always Merrick, who also had probs in the past but only with their treats tho, but they have totally revamped their foods it seems & they for me are local, any thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 28 10:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Natures variety recall: beef/barley prairie so far but there might be others
Josefina

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 10:17pm PST 
My food has an off smell (natures variety prairie venison/millet)
Fiancee thinks im crazy when i told him that i think the food i bought (NV Prairie venison/millet) might have something off with it. It doesnt have a rancid smell but the smell is kind of 'off' not the normal dog food smell. I tested it on my folks shepherd mix that eats ANYTHING & she didnt even finish it, Josefina is not really eating it very well either but she has always been a little wishy washy on eating kibble. Buddy is still eating it tho, but he is a garbage disposal & will eat poo if i put it in his bowl so he isnt really a good way to test dog food :/.

the batch of the same food before this they ate with NP, at first i thought it was the venison raw (which actually had mostly lamb in it) but after Yumi wouldnt eat it, i am beginning to think there is something up with the food. I got it from a store in Houston, but i dont live there anymore & it would be impossible to get back there since i now live about 150 mi from houston now.

i called the store i bought it from & gave them a head's up, i now live in san antonio which is about 200 mi from houston :/. the owner is a very nice man, when i explained it as being 'not exactly off but not right either' he came up with 'is it a almost like a metallic smell?' & i instantly said 'yes'! thats the best way i can discribe it also. he said it was a bad batch of fat in the food.

question now... what do I get now? I like the way foods like Merrick, & Evo look on paper but i know that Merrick has had probs with quality control in the past (tho i have fed it in the past with NP, even picky Izze wouldd eat it. it was back when they had their black 'before grain' packaging) but the good thing about them is they are local (Texas) so the food might be fresher. Evo i know is made by Nutura foods which is owned now by P&G.

Please help me LOL which food would you recommend??? if neither of those. I need something grain free high in meat & protien for my skinny minny, Josefina regretfully i cannot do raw right now, I just cant, my financial situation would allow it right now so i need the kibble form of the 'next best thing'.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Josefina, Aug 10 10:17 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw Pork Rib Bones?

Buddy :)

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:52pm PST 
this is just the kind of thread that i needed LOL, my guys are kibble fed (please dont hate me :S lol) but i wanted something that would be good for teeth cleaning, i have heard that ribs are great for this but which kind? pork or beef? also since my guys arent used to raw, should i strip the meat off or leave it on to prevent constipation?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Meridian, Jul 14 7:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > Boyfriend fed dog... Help?

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:42pm PST 
yeah i try not to fault men, they know not smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 15 11:03 pm

Cane Corso > Considering a corso

Barked: Sat May 5, '12 3:57pm PST 
Hello, I would one day by next year be a corso owner, I have two other dogs, Australian cattle dog's, both rescues: Buddy- 5ish yr old neutered male, & Josefina- 1 1/2 yr old spayed female. I have read about the cane corso over a few months & I love how their temperment sounds, which is why I would like to get some information from real corso owners & later, some face to face experience at a breeders to insure this is the right breed for me before I bring a pup into my home.
Thank you for your time,
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Buddy :), May 5 3:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Are behavior issues always the fault of the owner?

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 8:01pm PST 
I have never had a reactive dog so this will be an interesting thread for me , the trainer sounds like theyanre bringing you down tho.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Apr 30 3:08 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Izze

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 5:42pm PST 
i have been an ACD person for the last 10 yrs & it doesnt seem to be going anwhere anytime soon LOL.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > Outright Refusal

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 5:04pm PST 
hey! LOL, I give kibble (natures variety instinct with stella & chewies raw patties) they know tho my female Josefina will sometimes pull the 'i dont want to eat' crap, but i remain tough (i have another dog who will happily eat her leftovers LOL.... only thing worse then not eating is watching someone else eat what you could have had LOL) so they learn not to do that. i do rotate kibble every once & a while so they dont get bored either so that maybe why i dont have probs either.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Buddy :), Apr 4 5:04 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Farewell dear friend :(

Josefina

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 3:53pm PST 
I have the info, I "know" who did it but I can't prove it. She was a great dog, saved my fiancée from being stampeded by cattle one mornif when he as feeding them, one of them butted him & he fell, the range cubes went everywhere. Izze rushed in to him & drive the cattle away. She knew that day because she had such wisdom in her eye. In pics you couldn't see it but of you looked really close in her eyes, it's hard to explain but it was like she was ..... Old, like it was an oricle looking back at me.

I know that sounds crazy right?

I also pay attention to my other dog (who was in her pen which has full view of the bsrn srea where Izze came running from that day) who I'm sure saw everything or at least heard it 'reacts' to this person in a strange manner that tells me he did it. She is very wary of him & watches him when he is out & about.

What is sad is that Izze came running back to me not for help, cuz she wasnt like that, but to make sure I was ok :'( :'( that's what hurts the most
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Apr 3 5:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > collie, or cattle dog?
Josefina

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 5:10pm PST 
Yes I'm aware that ACDs are healthier as a breed, it was just a thought. I think that the wound from losing my friend was really raw when I wrote that.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Josefina, Feb 19 5:10 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.