GO!

(Page 1 of 51: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Ellie

Qui me amat,- amet et canem- meum

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '14 4:40pm PST 
Cutie boy Cash!!

My house and I are following the World Cup as we have selected different teams and are competing for the win laugh out loud

Found a baby chickadee with a deformed wing at the zoo a couple of days ago and took it to the raptor center where they will see if they can help it. If not, they were going to humanely euth. Beats struggling on the ground by the elephants.

Weather has been nice here. Needing to find Moose a temp foster while I house sit. My roommates are not having the time to care for her and she's going a bit crazy with energy.

Hoping for Italy this morning!!

Sanka, birds sound interesting if nothing else!!
[notify]
» There has since been 318 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 12:52am PST 
Hi all! Been a while since I've posted but I've been reading pretty regularly. Summer has started for the kiddos and life gets a little crazy!
House sitting/ dog sitting a labradoodle. Tala loves having a yard to play in!

Hoping to go whitewater rafting this weekend!

Hope all health issues and recovery see speedy improvements!!

So scary Jethro!!

Sarah, I think Tala would love a barn hunt! There is one in my area in August that I hope to go to.
[notify]
» There has since been 344 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '14 9:48am PST 
The school shooting in Seattle was at my alma mater. While I am thankful that none of my friends were injured, it is a devastating event. Recent events sure make you appreciate the fragility of life!

On a more typical note, took the dogs on a ten mile hike yesterday and I think we're all feeling it today! Gorgeous hike though!

Hope everyone is well!
[notify]
» There has since been 402 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Sun Jun 1, '14 1:40pm PST 
Happy birthday Luca!

Glad Ty and Cash did well! How is Ty doing with him lately?
How long are you supposed to let him choose about people petting him? Is that an always or just as he adjusts thing? It's good he's getting some exposure to kids! I lucked out with Tala being so uninterested in babies but I'm curious what she'll think once my niece is a toddler terror laugh out loud

Yoshi- it sounds like the school handled it very poorly and/ or were I'll equipped to handle someone with her needs. I hope she's somewhere better now!

Had a loooong and fulfilling day with Tala yesterday. Her off leash manners are getting so good cloud 9 After hanging out while I was in training classes, going to the dog park, running some trails off leash, helping with a private lesson, and going on a hike, she was pretty stoked to come home and sleep! Moose is such a big strong dog that the hike was a bit rough for me on the way down. Dang chipmunk about got me pulled off the side! I wouldn't consider myself a weak person and it take me bracing with my whole body to keep her from pulling to something she really wants. And I have to come to a complete stop and brace when she's really pulling. Going to try her with a Gentle Leader next time. The hike was absolutely packed (last time I did it it was raining and we saw very few people but now I know I'll never do it again)!
After a full day, I came home and made homemade pizza. It wasn't ready until 9:30 but it was worth it! Chicken pesto pizza with tomato, arugula and garlic way to go Dough turned out a little sticky but kneading it with some extra flour it turned out fine!
[notify]
» There has since been 442 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Fri May 30, '14 1:05pm PST 
Ty, that's rough the way she laid into you. I feel like the people who are most involved in their breeds are the hardest to talk to about them but also a wealth of knowledge! Whenever I start researching a breed (thoroughly) I try and talk to people who are really involved and I have had some uncomfortable conversations with people being blunt to the point of almost offensive.

Moose and Tala are doing well, but Tals is a bit intimidated by Moose's size. Hike tomorrow! Just need to pick which one
[notify]
» There has since been 460 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Tue May 27, '14 9:19am PST 
hug Sonja hug Keep us posted. Pretty girl is in my thoughts today

Crazy about the squirrel!! That's a long fall!

Brianna (last foster) went to another foster with smaller dogs so that she would feel less threatened. Thinking it's best for now as she settles to feeling safe.
Picking up a foster today that I have known since she was a puppy. In fact, I pulled her from a place at six weeks for fear she'd be picked up as a fighting dog. Drugs in the first house and then just lame adopters have her looking for a home yet again. I'm happy to have her stay with me and hope she and Tala get along

Tala seems to have developed a little tumor on her lip. How long should I watch it before getting her I the vet? I'll try and get a pic when I can. Really hoping it's nothing confused

Lumberjack sounds fun Flicka!
[notify]
» There has since been 488 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Sat May 24, '14 8:23am PST 
Testing 1 2 3... Is this thing on?

Making breakfast, taking Tala out for a jaunt about and then headed to OR for the weekend.

Tyler, how far apart did you get Ty and missy? Did you go through this then as well?
Every time I bring in a foster, it's an adjustment, but I also always know they'll be leaving eventually. So, a different type of adjustment.

I watched Secret Life of Walter Mitty and am feeling desperate to go on a crazy trip! Almost debt free and then it's time to save save save
[notify]
» There has since been 507 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Wed May 21, '14 4:21pm PST 
RIP Alvin
So sorry for your loss

I went to "like" your chair comment Jewel, but then I realized this wasn't FB.

I'm getting irked by how often dogster redirects me to a saymedia page

Confession Tyler- Tala still occasionally has accidents (in our garage room only now) and occasionally still chews things she shouldn't. Dogs can have the ability to beam with pride and be humiliated in the same day. I had serious doubts about Tala when I went to pick her up because she was so scared and timid and not friendly with other dogs. She has come SO far! It took me a long while to love Ellie as well with all of her behavioral issues. They weren't even puppy puppies. Puppies are glorious pains laugh out loud Adorable, fun, terrible pains haha
[notify]
» There has since been 516 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Wed May 21, '14 9:25am PST 
happy dance CASH!!!!! dancing
So stinkin cute and soooooo big eek
It may be that he isn't used to dogs of other breeds. Dogs can get a bit breedist that way without exposure. I would work on lots of positive play interactions with other dogs. Are there any puppy play classes near you? I'd only do this somewhere you really trust the supervising trainers as it can definitely be done wrong.

Ever since Ellie (miss I will destroy your house if you leave me for even a second), I'm a big believer in crate training. I never did before, and now I do it with pretty much all dogs that come to me. Tala is mostly nondestructive (other than some puppy chew your shoes behaviors) but I still like having her crate trained. I typically let her free roam though.
Current foster girl is proving to be a tough case. She has gone after Tala a couple of times and I can't figure out the trigger. Once it was letting Tala out of my room (she was waiting for me to open the door doing nothing) and another time she was just walking out of the living room. Both are resource guarders so all valuables are out of reach. She also has separation anxiety and it is really hard on my roommates when I leave. She's very cute and sweet and adoptable other than that!

Brianna

Hope Flicka is ok! Scary stuff!! Scorpions shock
[notify]
» There has since been 521 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

Ellie

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 1:57pm PST 
Hoping Buck is getting back on track!

Natasha- Lovely pictures! She looks so happy with life!! And congrats to you too

Sanka- Sounds like an over eventful walk confused That is never my favorite

Tala had her birthday on Friday and we went on a camping trip for the weekend. We drove away from the rain and enjoyed nice weather! Tala did pretty stinking awesome off leash, which I'm pretty proud of. I also realized there are some commands I need to work on outside more often because she associates them with inside commands and blows them off outside.

lovely view

Birthday Girl

Taking in the views

Scoping the trails

Picking up a new foster tonight. A pittie/ cattle dog mix. Hopefully she finds a spot quickly!

Waves to everyone!!
[notify]
» There has since been 550 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 10:28 am

(Page 1 of 51: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.