Postings by My Family

GO!

Bloodhound > My Cross Blood Hound X GSD News up Dates

Fred

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 1:54am PST 
My Dad is 8 years old now and in his time he has found 2 dogs both within 1 hour and 30 mins. We have been looking for two lost dogs in the Burnley area. He was able to confirm the sighting of a lost dog that had been in a fight with another dog and was missing for 5 day and was found alive. He is looking for a Westie that has been stolen and just to check he sent work, my other dog had an Op yesterday on the 18/11/2013 it took 15 min to take the my other dog down to the vet . I used my Blood Hound Cross GSD and we got to the Vet's in 10 mins he new he had made a mistake and went back 10 yards and went the way I had gone down to the vets.
The Westie that is missing the first day he went to a part called Scots Park the seconded day he went down to Vets and forced the doors open like it was a drug bust and the I said they had had the Westie in the vets that is missing. the Head of the vet Office face was quite shocked as she new what I was saying as the the Westie has a micro chipped . Even the dog trust are not checking the chips on the dogs . I can see how dogs are stolen and end up 1,000's away and take years to turn up. The chips there need to be a law no treatment with the chips being checked. shrughappy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 1:54 am

Bloodhound > Fred is able to go under water
Fred

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 8:58pm PST 
Fred is now 5 years old, This last year has has grown 3 inches he is now 32 inch at the shoulder and when he stands up on his back legs he is over 6ft tall. He did this a few weeks ago when he could smell two men behide two phone boxes and a tree that I could see them he was walking along like a man , it turn out there was two men at 07:30 in the monring waiting for a lift to work , but Fred did not know that and was letting me there was some behide the the phones boxes.
Fred weight is 99lb . He has two meals a day 200 grams in the morning and 200 grams or 4 oz x 2.
Fred is tall than a standed blood hound now by about 4 inches. we have 4 new foundland dog that live near bye and he has tall as them he has a long neck and has very long legs. the only pain with this website you can only show one photo.
Fred is also able to go under water and take stuff from a bath fall of water he is a link to youtube show you him doing this http://youtu.be/nVhdX0IhHlw
copy and paste and you see Fred at 5 years old.
In the first few years Fred had to have stroedios for a year so the last lot growing I do not know if this was them or not as there are very few cross of this type you have to have a look round and see if they say anythink I can only talk about Fred. Fred was 5 year this month Oct. 2012. He grow from Jan- April when Easter was when I went for long drive and he has he own seat belt. As he can see outside the car when it moving what dogs are not ment to able to do. A few years ago I was doing 60 MPH when Fred see another dog on the side of the road and was in my lap looking out the window when I was driving . manages to get him back in the back of the car. After that I got him a seat belt to stop this from happen again. very dangers . But he can still it cout of it he put his food on the red button and he loose again so I put his long lead around the car head rest in the back and the seat belt so it as a saftey to his seat belt when he undo's he seat blet. We have had a big seat back with Fred with black dogs and people with head set as there was car seat alight just to the side of our house. not my car a nabours so it is quite hard at the moment. To re-cap when I first took Fred out for his very first walk he see a dog getting run over and every part of that accentant upset him he see dog's loose he think they are going to get run over . Fred is a big a very powerful dog who can open very door in an house if you do not want the dog to get to somewhere you have to lock it. Fred id very bright he only has do something once and he repeat it right away. I would say he has an IQ of 200 . The only problem I have with him he will not come back so I cannot let him of the lead if you have this type of dog your garden will have to have a frence over 6ft if it under the dog will get out. Fred just has walk aday up to 60 mins he a sprinter and tryer very easyly, but he is a watcher and tells you when people are around he spent hours looking out the window watching... dog The only dogs the Fred can only really paly with are Huskeys as they are strong dogs a lot of modern dogs have week backs so I would say if you were looking to have two dog go for Husky . Fred had a springer as a mate when he was young but my springer put him in is place but other springer may not do that a Hursky would be a better bet. This type of dog does not like dust mit's hay fever table are what work human one any type cheeap work very well I have not got carbet and Fred been off them and the sterodos for over 2 years know. So things are looking well. Fred love the cold if it goes under zero he really like it.So if you live in a snow area were it get down to -10 he very happy I court him ones at the other house sleep on the pattio. But this was just a once of and it was 03:00 in the morning and I got him back in again it wss only when I heard the weather report the later in the day they said it was -10 but it did not feel like -10. kitty
Fred is alway on the look out for cats and it though his love of smelling for cat he is kept on the lead when walking. He used to come back up until he was 2 years old. then he started to walk down a road that would have led to a main road and he cooked his groose and he as been on the led very since. blue dog this sum up Fred happy cheerful dog and very strong willed just like me
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 29 8:58 pm

Bloodhound > Fred lastest rescuce

Fredie

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 1:56am PST 
Fred is know 4 1/2 years old. We went for a walk a few weeks ago and there was a old lady looking very worried and I ask her what was uo and it turn out her dog had got lost on a walk with her husband up at a local allotment. I and Fred with me and asked her if the dog bedded could be brought down for Fred to smell. I went of with the lady daughter and we let Fred lead the way he took us up to the Allotmant that we had never been to and then to the park he did pull to ago another way and the dog we were looker sometime went up that pull he was giving on the lead I said " if the dog not at the Park we will go and check the pull" we went alone with Fred showing the way to the Park and we found the dog and the lady husband all with 30 Min the look on the lady face was one I will remember . I think this dog is amazing and the cross could be used to save a lot of time and finding people he been doing this from the age of 6 month with no training I just think the resuce group are so set in ther ways becouse they use colllie who use air sent and blood hound track Fred uses both when he is working he smell the air reaching up on his back legs so he stand at over 6ft high and then his nose goes down and tracks but this is the most inportant point when he looses the sent he stand up up again and smell the air again and then he is of tracking again he repeat this seveal time when he he looking for a dog. The bloodhound id known to be able to check a sent that is 6 months old and that was happen on this search for the local dog. I would love it if the cross was used in search and recuse he has save 3 teanages from sleeping out at night when a few week before it was sub-zero being me one of the teanages leather blet with a metal buckel. He can also get someone arm around there back the same as what the police do when they arrest someone. if you you do not know what you are doing he would break someone arm. I do as part of his play but I did not teach him to do it he just does it. He can open every door in my house and they only way to stop him from opening thenm is to lock them. He is a very fit and learn dog he also has very good eyesight were the bloodhound eye sight is poor. He been of hayfever tables for weeks now. So his skin is normal laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 1:56 am

Bloodhound > Fred found Freddey

Fred

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 10:30am PST 
We were going for our walk to and we had got the paper to read when we see an granny looking worried . SHe had an old dog thathad got lost . so we got Freddies sent and Fred sent about on finder het and with 30 min we had found her . i still find upsetting a dog like fred can find people and now found lost dog not be can used in search and resuse . a bloodhound was bread to find people Fred uses bloth sents air and tracking . how many life could of saved over the 4 years . He run rings around boarder collies. One very happy owner and the granny with the return of her 14 year pld dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 1 10:30 am

Bloodhound > Height and weight at 3 year old

Fredie

Barked: Sat Oct 2, '10 10:06am PST 
Fred height at the sholder 29 inchs and head hieght 35 inch. 44.65kg = 98.23
Fred has had the the op and is started to weight on again I will post his weight next year 2011.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 10:06 am

Bloodhound > Problem with Fred skin.
Fredie

Barked: Sat Oct 2, '10 3:40am PST 
I have to report a problem with Fred skin.
He has been under the vets for a number of weeks now
the vet did a skin test which cost 250 pounds. This came back all clear but Fred was in a lot of pain.
He was put on some anti bio. cleared up some of the infection.
But he was still in pain.
So the vet has put him on Prednisolone 5 table a day and they do nothing but he does not mind taking them
He was also give a spray which he hated. Fred has not got bad bone in his body but this treatment Cortavance 0.584 mg/ml 76ml testing him to the limit.That coat 25 pound.
When talking to the vet their was another drug that would work but the cost of that is 2.66 per tablet x 2 a day from the vet Atopica would be 340 pounds per month.
Then the vet said I could try Hay Fever table for Fred.
On one had I had a dog who was very unhappy and my Moto is a long as a dog eats his food and wages his /her tail if they are not doing this I would put a dog to sleep. Yes it very hard when a dog is so young.
So after long walks with Fred I thought about what the vet was saying so I just happen to have some hay fever table in the house . Still taking the Prednisolone tablet and the hay fever table every 8 hours during the day time but not at night I just put the hood on Fred.
The change is Fred is far more than I dreamed
The table for human work after 15 min with Fred they work after 30 Mins. and works for about 7 hours but I give him next table 8 hours afterwards
I have been using Benadry1 Allergy Relief Acrivastine
Fast effective relief from allergies last 8 hours
Hay Fever, Dust Allergy, pet Allergy and Skin Allergies
Each capsule contain 8mg. The capsule also contain Lactose, Sodium strch glycollate, magnesium stearate, gelatin, colouring (E171) and purified water
For Fred they are a life saver he will be on these for the rest of his life.
As this a rare mix of breed this something that has happen and I am reporting as it is this started just befor Fred 3rd Birthaday.
dogdog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 3:40 am

Bloodhound > Bloodhound X GSD

Fredie

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 1:09am PST 
Freddie also uses both sences air and ground, he jumps up to smell the air and then put's his nose down and of he goes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 1:09 am

Bloodhound > Bloodhound X GSD

Fredie

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 1:03am PST 
I got my Bloodhound X GDS two years ago. He is very good dog, he is very large 28inch at the shoulder. He is a happy sole, very bright he open all the doors in the house, I would say it the the type of dog you should get if you never had a dog before. The best people placed to have this type of dog shound of at the very least had a bassett hound . For the first two year he has only had 20 min walks never going up stairs if he has got up stair support him comming the stairs. I took him for a long work last week and was gone for 3 hours it was a slow walk and it has taken him over a week to get over it.
He is very good at finding people when he was 6 month old at 04:00 in the morning we were out walking and he found 4 teenages sleeping out door three girl age 13 and a 16 boy. He started to look like he was a border collie and he went over to them and pick up a leather blet, and gave it to me. I phoned the police and said he was a bloodhound X GSD it was a very hard sent to do if it had been a few week before the children would not have be alive.He has a friend my other dog is a English Spinger he will 15 in Feb 2010 they get on very well . Fred like looking out the window and he has a big fan club and people like to look at him.As some people cannot have dog they love to see him. His coat is GSD his face is the Bloodhound with pointed eyes GSD but they floppy year drop ears.he is over 108LB last he went to the vet due to go in the new year.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 17 1:09 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.