Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 106: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Help Bring Bella Home
Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:10am PST 
An elderly Las Vegas woman is desperately trying to find her stolen Shih Tzu, Bella. She's been missing since June 22nd. If anyone has any ideas to help, there is a Facebook group dedicated to helping find Bella: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bringbellahome/?hc_location=stream
(Sorry, I don't know how to post clickable links)

And here is a story a news station in Las Vegas did on Bella.

http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/story/Vegas-woman-makes -an-appeal-for-return-of-stolen/wi4pBtq2AEaf-RUsTb8WJw.cspx
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 15 8:10 am

Dog Health > Tika Hurt Her Neck
Martika

Silly tooth!

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:59pm PST 
Thanks, I hope she gets better quick. I just hate seeing her in pain.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 5:59 pm

Dog Health > Tika Hurt Her Neck

Martika

Silly tooth!

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 2:26pm PST 
This is more of a sympathy post for my baby girl, since she's sad and mopey.

Yesterday she wasn't quite herself. Was extra sleepy in the morning, then not interested in her food (Martika is a little piggy about food, she never says no). I thought maybe she had a little stomach virus, but didn't rule out pain, so I felt her around to see if anything hurt, but she just acted like I was scratching her itches and enjoyed it.

So when bedtime came, she didn't want to go up the stairs. Normally she barrels up the stairs and to bed. So I carried her up and got her comfy for the night. Then this morning, she didn't want to get out of bed and acted dizzy.

So to the vet we went. The vet decided after examining her that she has a neck injury, probably caused from roughhousing with Emmett (my other dog). They don't purposely hurt each other, just love to play like little idiots.

So along with some meds, Martika has a prescription for resting for at least 2 weeks... the vet doesn't even want her to shake her head. She's fine with that today, she is NOT a happy camper, just wants to sleep or cuddle, but that might change when she (hopefully soon) gets a little better. She actually snapped at the other two dogs when they sniffed her, and she only looks at me with sad eyes instead of her normal happy dopey face.

I hope my baby girl gets better quick!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 5:59 pm

Small Dogs > How to get picky shih tzu to eat his dog food?

Little Ewoks

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:57am PST 
Some shih tzu are just weird and picky. Bingley is, and I know other people with the same problem. When they are like this, they DON'T care how long they go without eating, they don't care about the 20 minute rule (usually they are happy when the icky food gets put away)... they will let themselves get hungry and throw up because their sugar is dropping, and just not eat.

To this day, I will sometimes have to do what I call "brushing his teeth" with is food. I will hold his head with one hand, and brush his front teeth with his food with the other. He's forced to taste it then he'll eat. He rarely eats the recommended amount for his size, I just have to be satisfied when he eats something each day.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 7:20 am

Behavior & Training > Why? Just why? I don't understand people sometimes....

Little Ewoks

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 2:07pm PST 
But, we aren't assuming. We're going off of exactly what the OP said in her post. Here's copy and pasted the key points I commented to her on and based my response on:

*Skarlet doesn't know him
*I knew she'd be ok with him once I got there and told her it was ok
*It's not like he knows the dog
*(he doesn't usually come over so Im not sure why he just let himself in anyway)
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 7:24 pm

Little Ewoks

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 1:22pm PST 
Trigger, I think I get your point that the dog shouldn't be that territorial, and around children. But, the OP said that this guy never comes over, the dog didn't know him, and that the dog is ok when she invites someone into the house.

The dog went off because some stranger (to the dog) came into the house uninvited. I think the way the dog responded isn't that shocking. My dogs are not aggressive or biters (have never bit anyone ever) however I would not fault my dogs someone walked into my house without my ok got bit by one of them.
[notify]
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 7:24 pm

Little Ewoks

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 12:40pm PST 
I agree with the OP, too. The guy was in the wrong, knock or not (my brothers don't even just let themselves in the house without me coming to the door, I'd be flabbergasted if an acquaintance had the nerve to do that, especially without letting me get my dogs first... they'd get an ear full from me!). He barged in. It sounds like the dog responded the way most dogs would that think they are protecting their home from an intruder.
[notify]
» There has since been 73 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 7:24 pm

Grooming > How Long Does It Take You To Groom Your Dog/Dogs?

Little Ewoks

Barked: Wed May 30, '12 8:17pm PST 
I've only taken on the task of full grooming since January. Right now, all three dogs from start to finish takes me about 4 hours.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 25 5:07 am

Grooming > ? about shears and clippers

Little Ewoks

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:36am PST 
I really like my Andis clippers, and I found cheapish shears on amazon. I bought curved shears, and I think I spent $20-ish on them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 28 7:36 am

Grooming > What are good clippers for a Shichon...? (prefer Wahl's..)

Little Ewoks

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:32am PST 
For what it's worth, I love my Andis, the 2 speeds are awesome at helping get through my pups thick hair. I've only been grooming my dogs since December/January, but a friend of mine that owns a pet spa recommended these to me. At the time I bought mine, the best price I found was on Amazon, but I know the prices change so it could be different right now.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 5:31 am

(Page 1 of 106: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.