Postings by ♥ Houndy ♥'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 76: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Does Mitzy have food allergies? (Picture)
Mitzy

Barked: Fri Oct 18, '13 11:22am PST 
It DOES look like Ringworm. Never thought about that. We will treat her with some anti-fungal cream for a few weeks and see if that heals it up. Thanks for the help, Snickers!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Marley, Oct 18 2:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Does Mitzy have food allergies? (Picture)
Mitzy

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 5:07pm PST 
I noticed this on the tail of our 6 year old Miniature Dachshund, Mitzy. Has anyone you ever seen this on a dog before? It doesn't appear to be painful or bothersome. I did change her food about a month ago. She was fed Ol'Roy, Moist 'N' Meaty, Kroger, Pedigree, ect, by my boyfriend's step-mom, but she unofficially signed Mitzy over to my BF and I, so we switched Mitzy to a better food to hopefully expand her lifespan and good health. The brand we switched her to is one of PetSmart's own brands, Simply Nourish Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe. She eats it and isn't picky about it, but she has been scratching and itching around her neck area. I will hear her scratching for about 5 minutes, a couple times per day. This out of the norm for her. It began the day after we switched her. We thought maybe the slightly raised bald bumps on her tail has something to do with the food, maybe allergies? I don't know. They fed her the cheapest foods, so I don't see why, if it is allergies, why they would show up now on a good food, instead of when they fed her the cheap stuff? Anyone have advice or know what this might be? Is it something worth taking her to the vet for? Thank you for any help! smile

Mitzy's Tail
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Marley, Oct 18 2:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > I am getting a Rottweiler Puppy!

♥ The- Doogers- ♥

Babe, Molly and- Houndy

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 11:00pm PST 
Nevermind........
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ The Doogers ♥, Feb 5 11:00 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Rest In Peace to Molly's Mother

♥Moll- y♥

Loyal- Sweetheart!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:24am PST 
Molly's momma, Bailey, passed on to the rainbow bridge on December 13th 2012. She was 13 years old and died of natural causes. Zeus, Bailey's life long partner, and also Molly's daddy is now depressed and lonely. He is wondering where she went and why she isn't coming back frown

I got Molly as a 3-month-old puppy out of Bailey's litter of puppies in 2003. She was 1.5 years old when she had Molly and her siblings. Molly was the only girl out of the litter of boys. Since they were 4-breed mixed puppies, they decided to give them away for free. However, since they were pure black, it was super hard to find homes for the males. I was 7 years old, at the time, and was best friends with the daughters of the family. After a few months, they moved away to Colorado and I lost all contact with them. As I got older I began wondering about Molly's parents and my former best friends. I began searching for them on Facebook and Myspace to no avail. Well, about a month ago, on Facebook, I typed in the name of the oldest daughter and to my surprise, she finally had a profile. I recognized her right off the back! I immediately messaged her, and we were so excited to find each other again. I asked her if she still had Zeus and Bailey and how old they were and how their health was. She said they were in good health, they still had them, and they were doing amazing! I shared a few recent photos of Molly and she shared a few photos of Zeus and Bailey. I was happy to hear they were still alive and well. Zeus is 11 years old and still in good health as far as they can tell.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Rest In Heavenly Peace, Sweet Bailey. Below is a picture of Molly's Parents, Bailey and Zeus (Can you see any resemblance? I sure can!!).

Bailey is a Springer Spaniel/Border Collie mix. Zeus is a B&T Coonhound/Labrador Retriever mix. smile

Bailey and Zeus - Molly's Parents
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥Molly♥, Dec 18 9:24 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What breeds is SweetPea?

SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

I am so sweet- and cute! ADOPT- ME!!! ♥♥♥

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 5:25am PST 
Sweetpea was ADOPTED!!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 5:25 am

SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:36am PST 
Sorry about the delay in response. I had to wait until I could meet her in order to tell you if her ears stick up or lay flat. She was at the adoption event on Saturday, and her ears lay flat all the time like in her pictures. The pictures are kind of deceiving - She looks big and her paws & legs look big. But really, she only weighs 25 lbs and has thin legs and tiny paws. She's also super shy, but very cute! I was unable to get new pics, but I will the next time she comes to an adoption event.

We were thinking maybe Border Collie/Heeler or Australian Shepherd/Heeler, but we really aren't sure still. Anymore input on what you guys think she might be, will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You! (:
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 5:25 am

SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 9:38pm PST 
SweetPea is an adoptable dog from the rescue I volunteer with. I am just wondering what breeds everyone thinks she might be. She's just a little girl, about 30 lbs and 10 months-1 year old. She is very affectionate and energetic. She just has the sweetest expression. She's brand new to the program, and I haven't met her yet, and just barely adding her to our website, but I think I may have fallen in love already. ♥ ♥ ♥

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 5:25 am

Dog Health > What is this? Food allergies or seasonal allergies? PICTURES!

♥- Arlowe- ♥

Best kisser in- the world!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 5:43pm PST 
I took him in to the vet. They prescribed an antibiotic called Cephelexin. He has to take them 2 times a day, for 10 days. They looked under a ultra-violet light to check for ringworm, and it wasn't that. They said it looks like an an old infection, like staph, that never got treated. They said the black was skin pigment. It seems like the Pyoben Medicated Shampoo I bathed his belly in last night cleared some of it up. They said if the red little lesions get worse, to bring him back in and they will check for other fungal infections, but the antibiotics should clear everything up.

Thanks for everyone's help and concern!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Sep 24 6:32 pm

Dog Health > What is this? Food allergies or seasonal allergies? PICTURES!

♥- Arlowe- ♥

Best kisser in- the world!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 8:31am PST 
Arlowe is my sister's dog. I had him at my house yesterday, and first thing I noticed was he has rashes and dirt looking stuff all over his belly. It looked so irritated, so I gave him a bath in vet prescribed Pyoben Medicated Shampoo.

Could it be food allergies? Two other things that pop into my head is environmental allergies or a Staph Infection due to the red splotches.

Unfortunately, my sister does not have the money to buy an expensive food. She also doesn't feed a steady brand, she feeds him multiple dog foods, whatever is cheapest - Kibbles and Bits, Ol'Roy, Kroger, ect ect. He also licks his front legs a lot and gets ear infections 2-4 times a year.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Thank You! hug

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali, Sep 24 6:32 pm

Small Dogs > What Breeds is Yankee?
Yankee - ADOPTION PENDING

I am sweet and- cheerful! ADOPT- ME!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 12:44pm PST 
Thank You for all the nice, helpful responses! hug I think we'll call him a Maltese/Poodle Mix.

Yankee has only one flaw that makes potential adopters look past him - He needs a secure fenced in backyard, as he can slip under or through any little openings in the yard, he is so small. But he really is a sweetie pie. I hope he gets adopted soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lily Anne, Sep 22 4:11 pm

(Page 1 of 76: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.