Postings by Fitzgerald's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Senior Dogs > The Contest For Senior Dogs ONLY!
Beulah

Canine- Fashionista

Barked: Sun Sep 11, '11 4:01pm PST 
Just entered Miss Beulah! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jenna, Sep 13 1:42 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I wish our shelter allowed "pit bull" adoptions
Fitzgerald

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 12:06pm PST 
Our shelter is a city-run shelter. They have to take everything in, but don't have to adopt everything out.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Questions about adopting an older dog

Beulah

Canine- Fashionista

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '11 2:59pm PST 
I adopted Beulah from the shelter when she was 10-ish years old. It will be two years in July. I know that I may not have many years with her, but the quality of few years we do have together will outweigh the sadness of knowing she won't be with me forever. She is such a social butterfly and has made a LOT of people think about senior adoptions. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Randy & Fitzgerald (my younger boys) know that Miss Beulah will not play with them, and they leave her alone.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Jun 26 8:56 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Siberian Husky in Kansas City, MO area

Randy

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 8:12pm PST 
I know someone who is looking to rehome their 1 1/2 year old male husky. He is neutered. She just is not home enough to give him the life he deserves. She does not want to take him to the shelter, but is not having any luck with area rescues. Her next plan is Craigslist.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jun 6 4:11 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Pointer People?

Randy

Barked: Sun May 22, '11 11:47am PST 
Thanks, I sent them an e-mail!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, May 22 3:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Pointer People?
Randy

Barked: Sun May 22, '11 10:45am PST 
Deacon is a graduate of our shelter's prison pup program, meaning he is already neutered, up to date on shots, and housebroken.
As you well know, the shelter is no place for an active breed (or any dog, really) and he is having a hard time getting adopted. Anyone know of any rescues I could contact?

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19531155
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, May 22 3:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I wish our shelter allowed "pit bull" adoptions

Fitzgerald

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 3:18pm PST 
A friend checked into it for me, and a vet looked over him and he had major intestinal issues and had to be put down. Poor baby. little angel
At least he is in a place where he won't have to be in a cage and be in pain.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 1:15pm PST 
Unfortunately, he was put down yesterday. I hope this will at least make them choose more carefully when labeling a breed.

The puppy was redeemed by his owner, so that's good.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19401567
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 5:02pm PST 
I adopted my senior Beagle Beulah from this shelter. She was 10 years old and heartworm positive. However, they don't actually heartworm test them until someone adopts them, so I don't know what the issue is.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 12:29pm PST 
When I have the time and resources, I really want to start a rescue/sanctuary for senior dogs to either be adopted if possible, or just live out their final days comfortably.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.