Postings by The Boys (Manny & Salty)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Dry Irritated Skin
The Boys- (Manny &- Salty)

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Sun Aug 29, '10 10:31am PST 
Do I just get a regular fish oil supplement from Wally World or do I need to get a specific dog supplement?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Aug 29 10:55 am

Dog Health > Dry Irritated Skin

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Sun Aug 29, '10 10:08am PST 
Our current foster has some seriously dry irritated skin. Its taken me a while to notice, he has thick curly hair and I never saw him picking at it. It looks like flea irritation, but he doesnt have any fleas and he's been with us for about a month and a half so he's been on preventative since we've had him. He also is way stinky for a pup that just had a bath a couple weeks ago. He also chews his nails, like off, not so much that they'll bleed, but they get pretty ragged. I feel awful and I want to give him a good look over and a nice bath but lately every time we try to give him a good look over he'll try to nibble us and Im afraid if we rile him up too much he really try to bite us.

He's been on TOTW pacific stream since we've had him also, so I wouldnt think it would be a food allergy.

Have yall ever dealt with skin irritation? What else should we try to put him on? Fish oil? Any advice would be great.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Aug 29 10:55 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Hi There, We havent been around in a while, but our parents need your help!

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 7:54am PST 
Hi everyone!!!waveI know we've been absent for a while, the new site has us confused...

But our mom and dad need our Dogster Friend's help! We know that this is not B&T related, but we also knew that this is where our post would get the most traffic red face

There is a really nice restaurant that me and DH love that has a Facebook fan page. Every Thursday they do a contest where you post a picture of your pet and if you get the most "Likes" on your picture you win a $20 gift certificate which would really put a dent in a good dinner there.

We have hardly any money to go out to eat, so this would be a great help for a good date night!! Please go to this page:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/pensacolafishhouse[/url]

An d "Like" THe Fish House and then go to this page:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4636990&o=all&op =1&view=all&subj=57448462537&aid=-1&id=687086283[/url]

and "like" my cute little puppy's picture!!!

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by The Boys (Manny & Salty), Jul 9 7:54 am

Behavior & Training > Not funny, more like sad

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 10:43am PST 
I actually love AFV... but I probably wouldve been upset at that video too.

I just dont understand HOW people let their dogs get that overweight. Only feed it dog food, or food specifically prepared for a dog and you should be fine!

I do have to admit that we had a cat growing up that was obsessed with food and she got overweight by the time she was about 4... She would bully the other cats out of their food and open the pantry door to get into people food, she was awful. But most situations are not like that and are easy to undo once the animal starts getting a little pudgy!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kahuna, Mar 3 12:11 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dogs you are content to only admire

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Fri Feb 26, '10 8:02am PST 
A Lacy! Ever since I read the Lacy's story that we have here on the boards (I cant remember her name) I fell in love! But I know that I would never be able to give a Lacy what it needs, so it would never work out. But darn, they sure are pretty! wink
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 9:21 am

Behavior & Training > Oh. My. Gawd.

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Fri Jan 29, '10 11:51am PST 
Maybe it is a herding dog thing. Manny just isnt smart enough to figure it out, he may have herding dog looks, but not a herding dog brain. Salty on the other hand is very smart and I thought the border collie in him would love the tug-ajug, but he flipped it up once and then walked away. He's much rather have something that squeaks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Reboot - Retired SD , Jan 29 7:15 pm

Food & Nutrition > Whats going on here!

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Fri Jan 22, '10 11:10am PST 
This might not help, but we say my cat has bulimia. He will sometimes get in these moods and will sit at the food bowl and eat insanely fast and gorge himself and then about 10-15 minutes later he will throw it up, he will do it with water sometimes. We went through periods where he was throwing up everyday because of it. The only way to help him not throw up is to make him slow down while he's eating, so I would stand there with him while he eats and pick up the bowl every little bit for about 10 mins and then put it back down and it really helped. Maybe something like that is going on?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Jan 25 3:31 am

Behavior & Training > 2010 and he's still "Just My Dog"

Salty

Just give me- sec, I'll get- used to you!

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 9:51am PST 
Thank you so much Nick. Im going out of town tomorrow and Im worrying sick about my animals, especially Salty. But I know that my husband will take care of him and when I come home he will welcome me with tail wags and licks and everything will be in balance again!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Delta Force CGC RN NA RL1, Dec 31 3:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Hi, my name is Toby and I'm a pepping Tom..

Salty

Just give me- sec, I'll get- used to you!

Barked: Wed Dec 23, '09 11:09am PST 
Salty's not the same breed, but he often stares at the neighbors and us. He gets to sleep in the bed with us when we go out of town and Ive woken up to him sitting straight up in the middle of the bed staring at me and when I look at him he'll cock his head and make a funny high pitched sound.

I dont think its a breed thing... I think its a dog thing. They like to know what's going on around them and they like to have the attention and sometimes staring gets them that! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dahlia, Dec 23 11:40 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Help! Salmonella and dogs

Best Buds for- Life!

Barked: Tue Dec 22, '09 11:19am PST 
Im no expert, but cant you just boil the broth for a while and then use it?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 12:08 pm

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.