GO!

Too much teeth during play time!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bella

Barked: Wed Feb 10, '10 3:17pm PST 
We got Bella just under 4 months...I've never had a pup that likes to use their teeth so much. I've tried several methods to stop her but she's tough as nails and likes to use her teeth way too much!
Any suggestions?

PS she is losing her teeth left and right, new ones are popping in all the time.shrug

Edited by author Wed Feb 10, '10 4:59pm PST

[notify]
TY T.- Washington

"Born to Protect- and Cuddle"

Barked: Sun Feb 6, '11 1:16am PST 
she is soooo cute. She will grow out of it.
[notify]
Harley

Crazy Little- Girl!!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 12:51pm PST 
My puppy Harley is the same exact way. For a 7lb pup she is really strong and those little teeth break skin really easily. When I talked to a trainer about this he told me when she is biting to yell "ouch" so that it will startle the puppy and then ignore them for alittle while. For me this has worked alittle but Harley can sometimes be relentless and come back biting even after I yell ouch and try ignoring her. In those cases I have stocked up on many rubber chew toys for her. Her favorites are the puppy Kong and the Greenies rubber bones. Hope that helps alittle! smile
[notify]

Tweaker

~

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 8:08pm PST 
Tweaker lost all of this puppy teeth in like a week. He plays with his teeth a lot as well. We tried for two months trying to redirect him to his toys once you hand him one and move your hand he's right back after it. So I just let him play with it. It won't bite no one elses hands but mine which is a good thing. If someone else puts there hands up trying to play he'll dodge them and bite mine. He doesn't bite hard it's more like gumming them to death. laugh out loud
I will not let Tweaker get to far with it though, if he does something wrong it's ignore time.

I think it's an IG thing. I've never had a dog that loved chewing on my hands he get's growly as well his growl is quite funny sounding and his bark sounds like a seal.
[notify]