What is Today????

(Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Buddy

Troublemaker - that's me!

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 7:03am PST 
August 25, 2013 is
National Banana Split Day
Today is National Banana Split Day! This decadent dessert has been around since the early 1900s and is the perfect treat to enjoy on a warm summer night.

The split is a variation of the traditional ice cream sundae and is usually served in a special dish called a banana boat. It’s easy to make, but you’ll need quite a few ingredients! First, split a banana and place a slice on either side of your boat. Then add three scoops of ice cream in between—one of chocolate, one of vanilla, and one of strawberry. Generously top the chocolate scoop with hot fudge, the vanilla with candied pineapple, and the strawberry with strawberry sauce. Next, swirl whipped cream over each scoop. Finish it off with a sprinkle of crushed nuts and a few maraschino cherries. Yum!

To celebrate National Banana Split Day, set up a make-your-own banana split buffet and invite your friends over for an impromptu ice cream social. Enjoy!

Kyra, maybe you can get a banana split today for your birthday! way to goway to go
Molly

Knot Head

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 7:16am PST 
applauseapplause Sounds like a very tasty day so have a Banana Split cheer
Lucian

Lil Wild Man

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 10:01am PST 
Wow that looks great! I will join ya snoopy

Dante

We ALL deserve- loving families!

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 6:56pm PST 
Dad says he remembers watching the Banana Splits on TV. Does anyone else remember them ?

The Banana Splits
Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 6:51am PST 
Mom does not remember the Banana Splits on tv. But maybe they didn't get it in Canada when she was growing up. She grew up with only 2 channels on the TV and both were Canadian. Cable didn't come until years later. shrugshrug
Buddy

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 6:51am PST 
today is a very special day !

August 26th

National Dog Day has two goals: to honor dogs, and to rescue dogs from homelessness and abuse. It's an opportunity for us to recognize and appreciate the value and importance of dogs in our lives.

This day is intended to honor dogs for all that they do for us. In addition to giving love and companionship, dogs help us out in countless ways. They are watchdogs for our safety. They lead the blind. Dogs aid in search and rescue, and they seek out bombs and drugs.

The second goal of National Dog Day is to rescue dogs in need. On occasion, dogs need us to save them from homelesness and abuse. The goal of the National Dog Day foundation is to rescue 10,000 dogs a year. Lend a hand to help a dog in need today, or any day.
Walker- (Angel Boy)

Washog

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 6:52am PST 
applauseapplauseapplauselaugh out loudlaugh out loudbig laughbig laugh mommy watched them when she was little hi5
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 9:03am PST 
this is a great threadway to go

frown I missed yesterdays celebration frown I think if the pawrents give me a banana split today we could celebrate yesterday AND todaysnoopysnoopysnoopy

see ya, abi
Buddy

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 6:45am PST 
August 27th

Today is Just Because Day. Finally, you have a chance to do something without a rhyme or reason. Most often in life, we do things because we have to, or we want to, or it's expected of us. None of those reasons apply today.

Is there something you'd like to do, but there isn't a reason or logic for doing it? Well, today is the day to go out and do something "just because". It is most enjoyable if it is an uncommon, or unexpected activity or action. Perhaps, you have something in mind. If not, just go with the first thing that comes to your mind. "Just because" activities often come from a "whim" or a "what if I" type of thought. We know you will quickly get the hang of this day, and have a lot of fun with it.

To get you started, here are some of our suggestions for Just Because Day :

Take an unplanned day of vacation
Visit someone you haven't seen in a while
Knock on someone's door and compliment them for their great lawn
Skip, don't walk
Spin a wheel, and bicycle in the opposite direction of where the arrow points.
Buy something you don't need.
Jump in a puddle
Walk backwards
Here is a great idea- send someone some flowers- - "just because". Send flowers now.
Pookah

Little- Grasshopper

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 7:55am PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplause This is a great day applauseapplauseapplauseapplause
  (Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]