Dog-Gone Good Cookbook by Gayle Pruitt (Cookbook for dogs & people)!!

Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 12:14pm PST 
Dog-Gone Good Cookbook is a new cookbook coming out for people and dogs!! It comes out tomorrow, Feb.5/13. cheer

It has 100 recipes total. Two categories-"Dogs & People" and "Dog Only" recipes. I'm not sure if its 50-50 or which category is larger.

We don't have a copy, yet, but the recipes are supposed to be healthy. My mom is usually too tired to even cook for herself, and so finding energy to cook for us just doesn't exist. Hopefully now she can make something that we can all share!! hamster dance

Oh, the author works as a nutritionist /chef, who specializes in digestive disorders! So very cool!

Let me know if your parent buys this or checks it out at the book shop.blue dog
❄ Taz ❄

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 12:22pm PST 
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mom is SO tempted! She can't eat any (or many of the recipes probably but Dad could.. and we can't eat onions and dad hates onions, so it might work out... big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh She might get it for kindle... Dad gives us all his leftovers anyway... big grin She says that she wishes she could "look inside" the book on amazon... she might be more convinced then...
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 12:34pm PST 
I don't know why they didn't put the "look inside" feature. That's such a disappointment.

My mom is thinking some of those recipes have to work for some of us fur kids and humans in the family. They are supposed to be gluten-free, but my mom hasn't seen a copy. Not sure if that will help your mom.

Just when your mom thinks she won't add any more cookbooks to her collection, something like this comes around. Sorry Taz!

❄ Taz ❄

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 4:54pm PST 
Yeah, she probably won't get it. She likes the soy and gluten free part, but she doesn't eat the meat so... it would have to be a dad and doggie book and she's not sure how he would feel about eating "doggie" food smile big laughbig laughbig laugh She already does have a couple of cookbooks for us that she really likes and we already get dad's leftovers so... I guess I won't starve to death... shrug
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 6:24am PST 
That is a good idea - for lots of folks anyway. Most of our mom's know what we can and can't have!
We eat all the meat around here - mom doesn't usually eat meat. Her dinners seem to come from the freezer in little boxes laugh out loud
Victoria- (Vickie)- Poop

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 7:17am PST 
O WOW our Mommy gots those widdle box meals addiction too!!!
laugh out loud
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:42pm PST 
Oh, my mommy just thought of an idea-book covers! My dad and brother wouldnt want to share a cookbook with us either. So my mom won't tell them. My mom is going to try to make book covers out of gift wrap.
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 6:25am PST 
That is a GREAT idea Tinker Bell applause
Wrapping paper is so pretty and will make an excellent book cover.
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 12:42pm PST 
BOL, my mom got our book and covered it! There are a lot of meat recipes in it. It also uses a lot of vegetables. I love veggies, but not sure about other dogs.

It is a super pretty book. My mom will mostly eat the side dishes. She will try the dog/human chicken recipes on me and my brother.