Close X

FUR OF THE MONTH FOR JUNE 2012 - ROSCOE !!!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 3:50pm PST 
*MERRY is in the Doghouse Garden eagerly awaiting the arrival of the latest Fur of the Month. She knows this pup is all about fun and plans on some games after the interview. Finally she see's him bounding exuberantly into the garden!*

HI ROSCOE!!! You are the Doghouses Fur of the Month for June 2012!! Congratulations!! We are so happy and cannot wait to find out all about you!!

Thanks Merry, I'm pleased it was ok and am looking forwards to the Honor* blushes*

Lets get started ROSCOE!!! *Merry whips out her steno pad and pencil*

To start, please tell us about your home in Minnesota.

Up North Here we call it MinneSnowda because we have snow from the end of Oct through April. We sometimes get many feet at a time and roads can hard to drive on and most everyone has 4X4 trucks or all wheel drive cars. We have bears, wolves, coyotes, lynx, deer, fox and many small animals as well such as skunks, raccoons, bunnies beavers etc.

Wow I would love all that snow.. and you sure do have lots of wildlife!! How about what lucky people you share your life with?

I am lucky to share my life with My Momma, Daddy and their 2 Grandsons whom live with us. The 12 yr old is so fun and plays with me but the 17 yr old one doesn't play much! He's good to me but would rather spend his time polishing his Turbo engine car! BOL! Momma plays with me in the fenced yard 3 times a day and walks me once and daddy plays in the house with me,

How did you come to live with your furless family?

Last yr on Aug 18th it was Mommas birthday and she was having her morning coffee when the her 17 yr old grandson came into the kitchen and said Happy Birthday Gram Meet Roscoe! She thought he had once again brought a friend home to stay the night but when she turned to look he handed her a tiny little ball of black fur and she was shocked! She didn't want me because I looked so much like her Little Lexi Gurl but she held me close and I gave her my sad puppy dog eyes licked her face and she fell in love. Then Daddy saw the white spot on my chest and said..It looks like Angel Wings so Lexi must have sent himwink Then she really snuggled me and admitted it was not fair to compare me to Lexi.

It took Monnie a long while to accept you. When and how did you finally become friends?

Monnie had been alone for a while since Lexi went to the bridge so didn't really like me. I am super friendly so just kept licking her face and jumping at her and she jumped towards me with her tail wagging! Momma walked us together, fed us together and then turned us loose but kept her hawk eyes on us and I chased her jumped back and forth and then...Monnie started chasing me and playing! What a special day that was. We still play tag and tug but she's older and not as energetic as me but we still have fun until she gets tired.

It was a very difficult time for your mom when Lexi went to the Rainbow Bridge...and then the illnesses and loss of her sisters. My deepest condolences to her.. You came along in the midst of this... Has having you to raise and care for brought her comfort or eased her heart?

Thank You for the condolences. It was a very difficult time for Momma and she still has some bad days but yes, I helped her through it because being a youngster I kept her busy and she loved having me to sit with in the evenings as we all know doggies can sense when our hoomans are sad and we do our best to comfort them by just being uswink

How did you get your name?

Mommas Grandson was swimming at Park Point which is a very popular spot and a man was going to drown me and my siblings so he and his friends took us and he named me Roscoe but Momma calls me Beastie Boy!

Describe your pawsonality!!

Crazy Wild and Energetic!

What type of coat do you have, it looks so shiny and soft. Are you good when you get groomed? What about your nails, you have some BIG feet I've noticed! BOL!

Yes my coat is very shiny as I get Organic Salmon oil on my kibble which is good for my coat as well as my heart but being a lab my fur is somewhat stiff to the touch. I am not very good about grooming but tolerate it when brushed everyday but I keep wanting to grab the brush to play with and nail trims..Forget It! I dislike it! I am the only doggie Momma has ever owned that she herself can't cut my nails. Doc Don does them for me but I am getting better so she still has hope! BOL!

You have been on Dogster/Catster for a long time and know you love the site just by the name of your diary! "I Love Dogster and Catster too!". How did your Mom discover the site? What part of it do you like the best? The least?

Momma was up late one night surfing the net and came across dogster/catster so checked it out and loved it! The BEST part about it is all the love support and prayers I can offer to those in need and all the wonderful friends I've made. The part I like the least is the jealousy and drama I've come across but have learned to ignore it and give it all to God to handle because he's up all night anyways!

I only go to Dogster so don't know much about Catster. Is there any difference between Dogster and Catster?

I haven't seen much difference other than it's mostly all kitties playing! BOL!

If you could implement something or change something on Dogster/Catster, what would it be?

I would love to implement more watchdogs to make sure there is no bullying, biting and scratching amongst furs as it drives so many away with hurt feelings and they are afraid to come back;(

What is a a normal weekday and weekend like in your home. Do you have a routine? You and your family are active in many Dogster/Catster groups. How do you fit it all in?

Our Routine starts at 7AM when Monnie and I get fed, our Hoomans take their showers and while daddy and the boys eat breakfast Monnie and I do our potty break then get our treat and settle down for awhile. Then it's playtime together my training sessions, and nap time. Afternoon is playtime together then Momma does her cleaning and stuff and we just supervise. Playtime again, training again then dinner and settle in for a somewhat quiet evening unless we have company and they want to play with us outside. Monnie and I generally fall asleep around 7:30 and we each have our own crates but the doors always remain open as it's our own space to come and go as we please. We fit it all in because my Pawrents are retired nowsmile

Do you like to go for walks?

I love my walks and now that summer is here I am going to go to different places where I can learn to socialize more as I'm skittish around strangers.

If you had a day to do whatever you wanted..what would that be and why?

I would head for the field then into the woods and run free chasing bunnies ,squirrels and jumping logs! I do this now but am always on a 20' tether with Momma on the other end!

Tell me how you live your motto "The world is my playground"!!

BOL! Wherever I wander in my fenced yard I PLAY! Wherever I go with my Hoomans I PLAY! When the neighbor doggies stop by I PLAY! So wherever the world takes me I PLAY and then Play Some more!

I saw your bone stash picture!!! How many bones to you have?? Do you hide or try to bury them? Does Monnie like bones and if so do you guard your bones?

I had 20 bones but Momma tossed most of them and I'm only allowed 3 at a time now plus bully sticks. I am not allowed to guard or bury them and I do share with Monnie.

In your diary you told about your counter-surfing experience with a 22oz porterhouse steak! Your tummy was not happy but your mom made you feel better. Being as tall as you are have you tried surfing again?

I surf daily! BOL! Momma laughs before she says DOWN because I stretch my long legs as far as they can reach which is almost across the 3' wide counter and I move them back and forth as if playing a piano! It's looks funny..

Being a puppy you have had so much to learn. What type of commands have you mastered? Are you a well behaved pup?

I learned my sit stay at 10/12 weeks and have a picture of it on my page. I also do my recall well, will bring back the ball sit in front of Momma and drop it. Heeling is the hardest for me as I always want to pull ahead to run. This is done on tether or in the yard. Momma doesn't trust that I will do the recall off lead yet and doesn't want me taking off. I do well but Momma says I'm really not a well behaved pup YET..We're working hard on it tho.

Do you like to go for rides in the car? Is there anyplace special that you go?

I'm not to fond of rides yet because most rides have been to the vet but Momma is going to start taking me to fun places every morning so I can assocoate the truck with going to have fun.

You had an incident where you fell down the stairs and hurt your neck. How are you now? Was it hard being kept less active while you healed?

It was painful scary and nearly caused Momma a heart attack but we are thankful it wasn't serious and yes it was hard to lay quiet! Grrrrr

Are stuffies safe with you??

No! I destuff them in 60 seconds. Momma bought a 30.00 toy and it was gone in minutes! I have ruined over 40 toys in my short life so now I just get stuffed animals from the used a bit store and hockey pucks that I can't chew up!

What type of diet are you on?

I am On Iams Protective Puppy kibble. It has special stuff in it for eyes and brain development.

Now you are almost a year and last I saw weighed 74lbs! You are a big, tall and long boy! Are you about done growing?

I think I'm done growing and Momma is praying I am! BOL!

Now I am opening up the floor to you Roscoe!..Do you have any parting words or thoughts?

I want to thank you for this honor and hope every fur enjoys reading about me even though I nearly wrote a book! I promise to do my best to live up to being The Fur Of The Month in our great Group and want to thank you all for being such wonderful caring furiends.

Congratulations and thank-you again ROSCOE for being our Fur of the Month for June 2012. We are so happy to have you a part of our Doghouse family!!

Thank You Merry Belle for interviewing me and I found it most enjoyable!

Merry gives him a hug and pins a RIBBON on his collar and George brings in and dumps a cart with A STUFFIE A DAY FOR A YEAR !*big grin

applauseapplausecheercheerhugpartyhugcheercheerapplauseapplause
♥CHLO- E♥

Chloe's got Mom- wrapped around- her paws

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 4:14pm PST 
Congratulations Roscoe - you are my bestest pal & you are most deservingapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 4:46pm PST 
hamster dancepartypartyapplauseCONGRATULATIONS ROSCOE!!!!applausepartypartyhamster dance

What a pawsome choice for Fur of the Month for June!!!happy dancehappy dancehi5 It is great getting to know more about the wonderful fur that you are.way to gobig hug Thank you for doing us the honor of being The Doghouse's Fur of the Month!hugsnoopy

Merry, as always darlin' the best interview ever!kissing You just are amazing is all I can say!big hugflowerskissing

Cailey Mae

Dance like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 6:08pm PST 
Roscoe,Kobe and I love the snow...can we come visit!?! big grin

Terrific interview. Sounds like you have a furtastic home that you so deserve (grrr to the human who was trying to hurt you) with many who love you. Isn't that the greatest!snoopy

Congratulations on being FOTM! Enjoy and use the honor to your advantage as much as you can!big laugh

YOU ROCK!
Cailey Mae and Kobe
Charlie

Mommy's Angel

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 6:20pm PST 
Congrats Roscoe partypartypartypartyparty
Kobe

Life is good!

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 6:23pm PST 
laugh out loud Roscoe...you and I think a like! The 'rents left a pot roast out on the stove to cool before serving and it was calling my name so I had to eat it. AS far as I am concerned, if it is left out it is for us....right? BOL!

I hope you get some more steak for being FOTM! (psst...if you need me to hint to the 'rents, I will for ya)

ENJOY!
Harley- Diva-Girl,CG- C,Therapy D

Fur Diva

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 6:32pm PST 
wavecongrats to you Roscoe, what a good boy-pup you are!waveparty
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 7:11pm PST 
WhooHoooo What an Honmor! Thank You Doghouse Palsbig hug

Merry thanks for all the swell questions! You are an awesome interviewerbig grin

Chloe thank You! You're my Bestest Pal toobig grinred face

George..Thanks for the great pictures you made I sure do love them and really appreciate itway to go And thanks for posting them so all my pal;s can enjoy them too!

Cailey Mae..Thank You! I really am Blessed having the loving forever home I have and the bad man that tried to drown me and my siblings will someday have to answer for his actionsnaughty

Charlie..Thank You for the Congrat's Palbig grin

Kobe..OMD You look so much like me and you scored a Pot Roastwink WTG Palway to go

Harley Diva..Thank You for saying I'm a Good Boy Pup! You're A Good Gurl Pup too and very prettybig grinred face
The Summerville Seven

Gamecock- Fanatics

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 9:53pm PST 
Roscoe, congratulations, pal!way to go You are a wonderful choice for "Fur Of The Month For June 2012" applause
May your reign be as wonderful as you arehailhailhailhailhail
BUTTERCUP *- Moms Angel- Girl *

BABYGIRL

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:26am PST 
applauseapplauseapplause ROSCOE .. CONGRATS ON YOUR FUR OF THE MONTH !! I LOVED READING YOUR INTERVIEW !! applauseapplausecheercheerhughug
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2