Welcome & Introduction

Dingo

You want me to- pull WHAT?

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 9:56pm PST 
We would like to welcome you all to our lil group.
It is not a pro group, but just for fun and education.
Please feel free to contribute ANY information on drafting and gear that you wish to. So, post pix, and post topics, I've left it all open.

We built our carts, and harnesses ourselves, and I am willing to build carts for others, or pass on any advice i have, so just ask.
We have been carting for the past 2 years, just casually, and are by no means pro, but we have fun.
We are new to Dogster, so if you see something i missed,or have any suggestions, please let me know.

Take this thread to introduce yourselves and your pets, and what type of drafting, and how long you've been enjoying it.
Welcome, and thank you,
Dingo & Dan
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Thu Dec 23, '10 7:56am PST 
We are Charka (canine) and Paul (human). Charks has a nice wagon with (removable) seats for the grands. Her wagon and harness are commercial products. At this time of year, too much snow for the wagon so we pull out the sled. Charks is a 4 y.o. GSD and has been carting for a bit over a year. It's been a great way for her to burn some of her energy laugh out loud

Great fun for me too... however, we're recreational carters rather than serious drafters wink
Dingo

You want me to- pull WHAT?

Barked: Sat Dec 25, '10 11:53am PST 
Nice, i wish mine could haul kids, but were not there yet.
We are just a recreational drafters too, but we do do real draft work bout half the time we go out (not to say hauling kids round isn't real draft work, it is). When we go for a trail hike with the cart, we almost always find a good rock or 5 that we need to take with us. Dingo has quite a pile going on now. Firewood is a good load too, we do a bit of that.
I like your wagon, very nice, what brand is it?
I just finished a Canadian style kicksled, using old show shovel handles, old downhill skis, nuts and bolts, and braided nylon cord.
We've had it out a few times, but Dingo doesn't really get it. I think he is used to having the stays on when drafting.
How does Charka take to pulling a sled?

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Jan 14, '11 1:36pm PST 
Wagon is from the Wilczeks... what they call a 'WIN Wagon'... for 'want it now', as opposed to the more custom ones they make smile

Sledding is, again, for the small peeps, so I guide the dog while they yell 'faster, faster' laugh out loud