Where did you get your name from?

Howard

Tail Waggin'- Mutt

Barked: Fri Nov 19, '10 2:36pm PST 
I'm always wondering where all you Dogster's get your names from! How did you get your name?
Camilla

Therapy Dogs- work for Hugs

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 1:16pm PST 
My Rottie Girl Camilla was a rescue. I found her at the shelter, half starved & looking like she just weaned puppies. She was only about a year old so she didn't get to grow to her potential. When I was looking for names I like Greek or Roman names. Camilla in Greek means warrior princess and Camilla surely had to be a warrior to survive where ever she came from. She has scars on her head and is missing front teeth. Someone used her as a puppy factory & then threw her away.
Well thanks to my big boy Zeus (RIP) who was a therapy dog,she learned that people and things aren't so scary and today she is in training to be a therapy dog herself. She is such a sweet girl, not a bad bone in her petite little body and we love her.
Odin Vom- Avensis

Big Boy

Barked: Fri Dec 31, '10 10:40pm PST 
My Name is Odin Vom Avensis or "Odin" for short. My mommy & daddy art imported Rotties from Yugoslavia and Belgium. In the European countries the breeders stick to the original Rottie, not like our American cousins. I came from a great breeder who makes sure to breed for temperament and conformation. I have champion bloodlines on both sides of my family too. That's big stuff, they tell me. Anyway, "Vom Avensis" is the name of the kennel and "Odin" is a Yugoslavian name and also means "the God of Wisdom" My human mommy wanted my name to come from the heritage of where my parents came from. And I think Odin is a cool name smile