Close X

YORKIEVILLE 911

(Page 938 of 938: Viewing entries 9371 to 9380)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  929  930  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938  
♥Lord- Pippin&heart- s;

I RULE! I OWN! I- POSSESS!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 24, '16 1:28pm PST 
way to goway to goway to goway to goway to go

Very windy here---bad storms in Pensacola … One Dogster pop --Maisie …and her mom had to hide in the bathtub last night--they got a lot of damage in their area from Tornados…! Terrible. Thank God none of them were hurt….
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '16 2:58am PST 
Wow that is terrible I saw the news about Pensacola and so glad Maise and her family are safe.

Ward has cataract can see but don't know if we will do the cataract surgery as he would have to go off Warfarin and that is what caused his stroke in 2013 when he went off Warfarin for a bladder biopsy. Anyway the Dr. Samy wanted to see his last CT or MRI and when I signed the paper for them to get it the hospital would not honor it said there was no Power of Attorney for me in his file I told them my lawyer who did our wills a couple years ago told me I did not need a power of attorney I was the wife it would automatically go to me well he was dead wrong.

So when I got home from the doctor office which we were there from 8:30 to 1 waiting on the CT so the doctor could discuss it but never arrived as I had to leave for another appointment so they said they would call after they review the CT.

I found paperwork for a Health Care Surrogate and Durable Power of Attorney have to have two witness so going to City of Ocala and see Nancy who took me to my colonoscopy and her and another girl will be our witnesses then I will make copies of both and send them to all his doctors and to the hospital this way we will be covered if anything else happens.

Have a great Thursdaywave
Happy Thursday
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Fri Feb 26, '16 2:12am PST 
Hope everyone is safe from those storms

Happy Birthday Kristy who is Teddy's mom

HappY Friday

Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

HappY Friday
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

HappY Friday
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Sat Feb 27, '16 3:39am PST 
Good morning everyone Happy Saturdaywave
Happy Saturday
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '16 2:31am PST 
Good morning everyone Happy Sundaywave

Happy Sunday
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '16 2:33am PST 
Don't forget to check the birthday thread we have a couple birthdays today
Ozzy and gigipartyapplausepartywisheswishes
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Mon Feb 29, '16 1:56am PST 
Sadly we must say goodbye to dogster it has been wonderful in here with all the friends we have made. Our other groups have joined us in facebook and to those of you checking our threads but not inputting anything please reconsider and come join us at Facebook. It is a private group. Go the link below and click on join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yorkieville/

We have enjoyed your friendship here and we hope you will join us on Facebook so we can continue our friendships.

Everyone have a great Leap Day and enjoy your extra day

HappY Leap Day
Abigale- June, NPC

Born to play

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '16 11:50am PST 
Just saw this at the all Paws Bulletin group -
Dear Dogsters & Catsters,
This is not the update I wanted to make, but today Lumina Media is announcing major changes at Dogster and Catster. While the Dogster and Catster sites will continue to exist as daily magazines serving the worldwide community of dog and cat families, the community areas of the sites are closing. This means members of the Dogster & Catster Community will no longer be able to see Pet Profiles, Forums, Groups, Answers, Local Listings, Photo Galleries, Games, Quizzes, Adoption, Dog of the Day, Diary Central, the Gift store, and the Community homepage on or after July 12, 2016.
This is certainly hard news. When I-5 Publishing, now Lumina Media, purchased the sites in the summer of 2014, we believed saving all of Dogster & Catster was possible. Our optimism was buoyed by the successful transfer of the magazine and article sections of the sites to a new platform. But as the engineers dug in and began the work necessary to rebuild the community sections of the sites, they ran into obstacle after obstacle. The pet pages and forums utilized proprietary coding, which had undergone multiple modifications by multiple engineering teams. So many of the community features had broken down that as they fixed one problem, the fix would often cause another feature to break.
In 2015 Lumina Media brought in one of the original Dogster/Catster engineers to help and after extensive, additional analysis it was determined the original community design was simply not repairable on the existing platform. Much of 2015 was spent trying to migrate the community to a new platform. Unfortunately, even those efforts were unsuccessful.
In conjunction with the of gathering of information for the Community Survey I conducted recently, I personally contacted one of the original engineers, who also served as a contractor after I-5 purchased the sites. His evaluation was that it would take a team of several engineers months to rebuild the sites and even then, the results would not have been something we recognized.
Starting a website and making adjustments as you grow is a different process than taking an existing site with hundreds of thousands of pages and trying to shoehorn them into another design. Rather than limping along with community pages which continue to deteriorate and which resist being repaired, Lumina Media has decided to close the community.
At some point, we will all have time to pause and reflect on what these past 12 years have meant to us, but in the short term we know the pain of the community closing will be in the forefront. If you have additional questions about the closing or need assistance saving your pet pages, Dogster & Catster Support is here to help: support-at-dogster-dot-com & support-at-catster-dot-com.
12 years is forever in the online world. It is still a source of professional pride that Dogster was a precursor to Facebook by almost a month. Now as the Dogster/Catster Community winds down to the end, let’s do our best to celebrate the joy which has been this community.
As with a sunset, we could lament the end of the day and fear the darkness to come, or we can stand together and bask in the glorious rays of a fading sun to relish the memory of days and years well spent. I’m going to do my best to do the latter as much as possible. It's been 12 wonfurrful years. No regrets. Just joy.
-watch dog-
LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare
  (Page 938 of 938: Viewing entries 9371 to 9380)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  929  930  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938