Hi Everyone - My mom is a new dog owner

Bruiser

I have- sucesssfully- conquered my- daddy!

Barked: Mon Mar 16, '09 10:40pm PST 
I am Bruiser and my owner is Kathie...I am almost 5 mos. old and weigh about 7.5 lbs....this weekend I went to my first dog park and it was quiet scary - - all the other dogs were HUGE!...of course I had good face and barked until we got close and I saw how big they really were (didn't seem so big from far away!) so I laid down and played dead...they were all very nice and no one hurt me but there was no small dogs section at the park so I had to meet and run with the big boys - a great dane kept standing over me to protect me - guess she's my honorary sister now!
Gracie

Barked: Wed Feb 10, '10 11:37am PST 
My new mom is also a new owner. My name is Gracie and i'm a 2 year old mini red dapple. My new mom is Laura and i've got 2 sisters, Jade who is 4 and Lexi who is 2. I love my new family. My moms cousin saved me from a dumpster when i was about a week old and nursed me back to health. Unfortunately she couldn't keep me, so she asked my new mom if she wanted me. I'm so happy in my new home. and mom is happy to have me too. little angel
Frankie

Frankster the- Prankster

Barked: Sat Feb 27, '10 12:01pm PST 
Hi, Bruiser! I read about your experience in the dog park and I just need to say that not everyone (4 legged) enjoys a dog park. Big dogs are very scarey and it isn't fair to you to have to experience such stress. A better idea is to find a few people with little dogs you like and form your own play group. Actually, as long as your 2 legged friends socialize with you and take you out to meet people and dogs on walks, it isn't necessary to go to a dog park at all. It isn't worth the stress and anxiety and provocation. Big dog people are pretty clueless sometimes! Sincerely, Frankie