Breed Specific Legislation

Tia

Tia, Princess of- Cute!

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 12:13pm PST 
I was appalled last night as I read about Breed Specific Legislation (BSL). shrug It originated due to the Pit Bull breed (which I LOVE!), but is also including other breeds, such as our beloved Dobermans! shock
There are already certain states and towns banning the ownership of particular breeds.
Please visit the following website and educate yourself about BSL. We all need to write our Legislators and express our opinion on this!way to go
It will be a cold day in &%@$ when someone can tell me to get rid of my dogs, or impose strict rules on having them!!!!thinking
Tiberius

Just- call me Mr.- T!

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 6:33pm PST 
I don't see the website????

Also - if anyone is interested, I don't know if it is different in different states or not - but our homeowners insurance was "SAFECO" and when we moved and were updating our information, they would not cover us anymore since we said we had "doberman's" - they didn't cover huskey's, german shepards, pit bulls, dobermans, or dalmations. ( think that was the whole list). So WE changed to ALLSTATE. Who do not care if you have a Doberman.

Will look again to see if I missed your link..

Punish the DEED not the BREED!!~!!!!
Tia

Tia, Princess of- Cute!

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 6:47pm PST 
oops! I got so wound up about the issue, I forgot to list the website! Silly me!
Here you go: www.stopbsl.com
hail

Shelby

SWEET BABY GIRL

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '09 11:40am PST 
This kind of stuff really ticks me off. It comes from ingnorant people who are uneducated on the breed. I've know lots of dobies and never met a mean one and my sister-in-law is a big fan of pit bulls and hers is really sweet! These people have obviously never met the dogs they're banning! What can we do to stop this nonsense?
Good Gollie- Miss Mollie

I am All That- and a bag of- chips

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '09 8:51pm PST 
shock No one's gonna take me away from my mommie, she will ban them before i get ban