Help - Medical Issue

Nathan- Detroit

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:24pm PST 
Yesterday I noticed my 1.5 yr old piebald had trouble going to pee so I decided to bring him to the vet today based on how he was doing in the morning. He seemed ok or almost normal but not quite. I looked at him and immediately noticed that his penis was swollen. A friend of mine came by and picked him up (as I made arrangements Thursday night) to take him to the vet around 10 this morning and I talked to the vet about 10:30 and she told me that he was in serious trouble. The last time i talked to her at 5:30 she really don't know what is wrong with him. He has a severe infection and is asking me about the possibility of a snake bite at this point. He's in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics and some other stuff and his infection is so bad that she thinks he may have to have his penis and testicles amputated (due to tissue damage) but she can't tell because of the swelling. He looked fine yesterday and I even looked at his penis when I saw him have problems peeing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Now I don't know if he's going to live through the night and what he will be facing in the morning. He's in good spirits, even was wagging his tail at me when he couldn't even lift up his head being sedated. The vet told me that they should have a better idea of what he's facing tomorrow and another vet was coming in to give their opinion. If it's good he will stay there for the weekend, if not then he will have to go to the emergency vet until ??? I don't know.

Have any of you had any or heard of any thing similar to this happen to you dog? I love my boy more than anything in this world and none of us know what is wrong with him. The first symptoms started Wednesday but he has had knee problems in the past and he acted like his knee was acting up again so I gave him his medicine. Of course it didn't help. Thursday I was out most of the day and noticed the peeing issue and decided to take him to the vet. Now I sit here hoping that he will make it through the night and that we will have the time to find out what is wrong with him. ANY help would be appreciated and yes they have checked him for the normal problems associated with the area.

His liver is fine
He has no blood coming from his urine
His white blood (?) cell count is in the 30's
- Whatever they use to measure infections
He was/is anemic as of today
He had his vaccinations but is due again
Rufus A.

I love the- Summertime and- Dogster

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 3:03pm PST 
Our Family has read your story today. Together we will pray for your Baby Boy. We hope and pray that he is doing much better.
Love a new friend, Rufus S.
Dieter

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 6:02am PST 
Sorry, I don't know what it could be but I really hope he recovers quickly. Poor baby. hug