Introductions!

Maya

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '08 6:54am PST 
Hello, all! I am Tiffany Stockert, and I am the proud parent to Maya and Miranda, two lovely White Siberian Huskies, both of whom have bi-eyes.

Maya is a creamy white, with cream edging around her ears and a cream stripe down her back, and her nose, eyeliner, and lips are liver colored. Geneticaly speaking, she's a red husky. Maya has just turned a year old, weighs 44 lbs, and has graduated from Basic Family Dog Manners with Kat Martin from Dogs & Kat.

Miranda is a pure white, and her nose, eyeliner, and lips are black. Genetically speaking, she's a black husky. Mira is coming up on 5 months, weighs 22 lbs, and is teething. She lost her baby canines (all 4 of them!) this past weekend (January 26th and 27th.)

We are frequent visitors to the Shelby Dog Park in East Nashville. We go Saturdays and Sundays for 3-4 hours each day, and on other week day evenings after work if traffic permits us to get there before dark.

Maya is very high energy, and is in her teenage phase, so she doesn't listen most of the time. Mira has been a little sick, and is a bit more lethargic then her big sis, but Maya just keeps playing with her until she gives in and plays back. Once she gets started, she gives as much as she gets, she's fiesty!

Both girls are rescues. I got Maya on September 6th, 2007 from the Clarksville-Montgomery County Humane Society, I found her through PetFinder. I got Miranda from the Rutherford County PAWS on January 16th, 2008. I saw her posted on Craigslist by a PAWS volunteer. She looked so much like what I think Maya must have at that age, that I just couldn't resist.

Huskies are like Potato Chips. You can't have just one (as it looks like many of us here can attest to!)

My email address is TMStockert@gmail.com, and my ph# is 615-347-3736. Feel free to email or call for playdates.

Once Gemini is all better, I'm sure we'll schedule some formal playdates using the events calendar on Dogster. You can read all about her plight on her dogster blog.
♥ Bear ♥

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '08 2:27pm PST 
We're finally here! Thanks for inviting us! We live in Murfreesboro but would love to meet at the local dog park here sometime!

I received an urgent plea by e-mail for someone to pull Bear from Rutherford Co. PAWS before he was scheduled to be euthanized that night at 6pm. I couldn't let this handsome boy be PTS so I responded and got there at 4:30 pm.

Let's just say the "fostering" idea lasted all of about 10 minutes before I knew he was MINE! He is absolutely perfect! Actually too good to be true sometimes! He's only been here a month, how long is that "honeymoon" period supposed to last? lol
Maya

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 1:42pm PST 
I'm still feeling besotted with both of my girls, I've had Maya for 5 months and Mira for 1 now. I hope the feeling never fades!