How did you get your name???

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Molly Grace

Molly Grace - learning to be- loved

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '07 1:23pm PST 
We want to hear all about our sister Divas on how you came to have your name...please share!

I'll get things started:

When I first came into rescue, I was known as 'Wendy'. My foster Momma, Mammaw Bev, renamed me Molly. Anyone who has fostered or is involved with rescue knows "a new name, a new beginning" is part of it. I stayed with Mammaw Bev for almost a month and then went to live with DaMomma. She liked my name and didn't want to confuse me further by changing it again so soon, so she tacked "Grace" onto it, and that's how I came to be Molly Grace! Sometimes DaMomma teases me and calls me "Missa Molly Gracie" or "Gracie, Gracie", or even just "Missa", but I always know when she's talking to me!! dancing
Piggy- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Find your best- friend in a- rescue!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '07 1:25pm PST 
My former name was "Sandy". I came to our DaMomma with the name "Piggy" given to me by my foster Mom, and DaMomma just kept it. Sometimes she would call me "PiggaLou", or "LouLou" when she was playing with me. wink
Ivy Mae

Loving life and- living it to the- fullest

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '07 1:29pm PST 
I've only been with the DaMomma about two months now, and I came with my name. DaMomma said I recognized my name and didn't seem scared or upset, so instead of changing it, she just added "Mae" to 'Chloe'. She really wanted to call me "Ivy Mae" but since I am such a happy girl, she didn't want to further upset me during my healing. Now she'll sometimes call me "MaeMae" when she's playing with me, just teasing. My nickname is "Little Stinker" cause she says I am one! laugh out loud

Cindy- BabyLove

Little Miss- P.U.G

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '07 8:49am PST 
February 2nd, 2007 was when my mommy brought me home and I was one day shy of being 2 months. My mommy had already two names in mind... Starlet or Cindy and she tried calling me both names that very first day -but- I responded more to Cindy. So Cindy it was, and about a week later she added on Baby Love because it's a song that my mommy always sings to me everyday cheer
Penny- 2000-2008- forever- loved

I'm the- Princess, that's- why!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '07 11:43am PST 
Well, I was already called Penny when my Mama and Daddy adopted me, and I knew my name very well so they decided to keep it. As for my nickname, PrettyGirl, well, I'm sure that needs no explanation!
Molly Grace

Molly Grace - learning to be- loved

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '07 12:43pm PST 
Of course you're just beautiful!!! way to go
Giz- (Mom'sAngel)

Smiling at my- Puggie Love:)

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '07 9:09pm PST 
HI Giz here, well actually Gizmo. Mom has three sons, so I'm her little girl. She wanted a cutsie girlie name for me, but daddy needed to be invovled in the decision making. After a couple day's we were all in the front yard playing. When the boy's tipped me upsidedown, they all said I looked like the Mogwai named Gizmo in the movie Gremlins. So when anyone asks daddy what kind of dog I am, he say's I'm a Magwai. Most people say "really I've heard of them"...BOL! I'm actually half pug and half boston terrier/schnauzer. Daddy wanted a pug, but mom's say's I'm a pug compromise. Mom likes to call me Giz or her little darling. Mostly I'm just lucky that this is the only family I've even known, cuz they love me bunches. I came from a petstore that takes in all kinds of pets, both wanted and unwanted. Mom likes to go there since they help animals all the time. Luv Giz, the Magwaiwink
Belle

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '07 7:39pm PST 
I got the name Belle because Trish just thought it suited a dog of my breed (I'm a Papillon!) perfectly. Not to mention that I *am* a beauty anyway! *doggy wink*
Muffin

I will get my- way.

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 8:02am PST 
When mom adopted me I was three months old and I came with my name. If I would not have already known my name it would have been Thelma Lou.
Hurricane

709668 now ya- got my number!

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 8:04am PST 
I was bourhn the night Hurricane Humberto came. So mom just calls me hurricane Berta but that is kinda long so Hurricane stuck.cheercheer
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2