Worried about my baby. Please help

Thora

Thora the- Explorer!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '07 6:33pm PST 
First, I apologize for the crosspost if you are on the other Cairn Terrier group I am on. I really need as many comments as I can get so here it is again:

I came home from work tonight to find that my sweet little 7 month old Cairn's left side of her face had a patch of hair removed, the skin looks raw and scratched and she was slightly bleeding. I've cleaned up her the spot on her face, but I'm still worried. I don't know what happened or what she's done. I can't think of anything in my kitchen (her room) that could have done that and I can really only think that it could be dry skin she's scratched raw. I know this is a problem in Cairns. I feel guilty right now because she is due for a nail trimming and I am worried her long nails may have made a little scratch worse than could be. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm really worried about my baby right now.
Fritz

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '07 12:11pm PST 
Hey,
Maybe she scratch her self.
I don't realy know. But be shure that you give your lovely cairn something to do when your away because she maybe,maybe did it because she was bored . but if I was you I would realy go to a vet!
Byebye, cairn greetz.
Oliver

Join- group- Dog-opoly!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 5:51pm PST 
Hmmmm....is the hairless spot red? If so it might be a 'hot spot'. A hot spot is an irritation caused by scratching. Bring your dog to the vet soon, though. Just to be sure. I have no experiences with hot spots, but I read about them.

Norton

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 8:43am PST 
I have not had that problem. My mom said to go to your vet and see if they have somethin' called Comfi Spray or Hot Spot Spray. I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. Don't feel guilty. One time my mom threw a tennis ball to us and hit my brother dead in the face, I thought she was going to die from the guilt. She apologized and he forgave her. These things happen. red face