"Stop" and "Reload"

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bitu ✎

I still want to- be a rich cat

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '07 11:47pm PST 
Has this ever happened to you? You want to load a page into the computer and the "Stop" button automatically presses itself before the page comes in, then you have to punch the "Reload" button. Sometimes it works the first time, but sometimes the "Stop" button interferes again and you have to reload the page several times before you get it to come up the way you want. Then sometimes it results in multiple copies of something when you might only need one, such as when I tried to make some Catster Friend Requests today. I know this might not be a problem just for Macs, but it's frustrating anyway. By the way, if any fellow Mac users want to wrestle with their computers and add me to their list of Catster Friends, I'll be glad to accept your invitation. Then you can see if the "Stop" and "Reload" buttons work better for you or if you run into the same problem I did. It happens on other sites, too, sometimes.
Callista- "Cally" Ann

Sleep well, bark- often.

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '07 5:15pm PST 
Which browser are you using, Bitu?
Bitu ✎

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '07 9:54pm PST 
Believe it or not, I had the same problem just now when trying to put an answer up, though I'm glad that somebody finally noticed. I have Safari 1, Internet Explorer 5 (they don't make those for the Mac anymore), Opera 8, I-Cab 3.03, Camino (the one I'm on now) and Firefox 1. Some pages work better than others on certain browsers, so I have as many as I can get that will still work on Mac X 10.3. But sometimes even the other browsers act the same way, so I'm not sure what difference it can make. We need to hold onto our second computer as long as we can because we don't know how we'll ever get the third computer when we need it.

Callista- "Cally" Ann

Sleep well, bark- often.

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '07 8:28am PST 
Have you tried Firefox? I noticed that the catster pages act funny when I use Safari, but act normal with Firefox.
Pixel May

The Feline- Jewelry Bandit

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '07 8:30am PST 
You might wanna see about downloading Firefox 5.0
Bitu ✎

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '07 11:37pm PST 
I haven't even loaded in Firefox 2 yet. Would Firefox 5 work on Mac System X 10.3.5 like we have?
Freddie Mac- (Thornclaw)

Freddie Rules!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '07 2:54pm PST 
Yeah, we use firefox all the time, you should be ok using it with your system, Bitu. Good luck!
Bitu ✎

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '07 12:05pm PST 
If Firefox 5 needs System X 10.4, then I'd be out of luck. We're going through too tight a time now to indulge ourselves with a system upgrade even if we wanted one. It beats me why everybody thinks Intel chips are better than Motorola chips. They should have stuck with the Motorola chip, if you ask me.
Rusty

Saki is my- bride!!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 12:05pm PST 
I use Safari 2.4 on my PowerBook with OSX 10.4 Tiger. Some web pages act funky on my browser, too, especially when I go in and try to make changes to the cat profile.

Purrs, Russ
Bitu ✎

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '07 8:26pm PST 
I recently went up to Mac X 10.3.9. Can you get Safari 2 on the Apple Download page yet, or do they only advertise Safari 3 for Mac X 10.4 now?
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2