Little man syndrome

Bailey

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 11:59am PST 
I was just curious if anyone is having the same behavioral problem with their little one as I am with Bailey.
Whenever Bailey comes across other dogs (big or small) he wants to play but his way of playing is by being vocal (barking/growling) and sometimes even nipping....(ex: jumping up at big dogs and nipping at them YIKES!) He never used to do this, it's something he has developed over time, he plays well with our golden retriever puppy, although he is very vocal with him as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?
jack- skellington

if i can jump- and reach it,- its mine!!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 2:49pm PST 
i cant say i have the same problem as you do, the only thingi can say with jack is my husband is in the navy, and jack is very close to him, when my husband leaves he tends to roam the house looking for *daddy* and will take his clothing if its left out and sleep with it or drag it around the house litterally untill my husband returns, if its taken he becomes very upset, so to solve the problem we have started giving him a pair of his socks to drag around untill daddy gets home and this has helped greatly, as for him being vocal, hes not very vocal unless someone comes to the door and thats just usually to let us know that someones here. with other dogs he is really just more into snubbing them, hes quite spoiled. we have a female yorkie as well and maybe thats why he dosent feel the need to be so vocal hes got her around. just thought id share my expierence with my little one with you.