Places to swim

Julia Watson

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 2:24pm PST 
Does anyone know of any good places where dogs can swim around here? Any good entrances to the river or lakes or anything?
Zoe

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 12:13pm PST 
There is a place out at Castlewood State Park where you can take dogs to swim in the river. People swim there to, so we used to just take our girls down the river a bit from where the people were. Just be careful as sometimes there is sort of a strong current.

Other than that - i would LOVE to know of other places to take them swimming. We do the dog swims at the local swimming pools, but those are only once a year - around Labor Day.
Julia Watson

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '07 7:22am PST 
Thanks! I picked up a flyer at the Dog park the other day about the swimming pool events. It is hosted by the Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation, www.maal.org, you can probably go there to check out the dates. I don't know of anywhere else. I see people letting their dogs in Creve Couer Lake all the time, but the one time Julia got in there she ended up sick so we never let her in again.

Tank

Busy stirring- the pot...

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '08 6:20am PST 
I know this thread is kind of old, but I recently heard about a dog park out by Winghaven (Hwy 40/61 in O'Fallon) that has a lake in it for the dogs to swim. Haven't been there yet, so I don't know if its true or not, but I thought I'd mention it.
Gilbert &- Buster

Wag more, bark- less!

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '08 9:05pm PST 
My cousin dogs get to swim in the pool at the Kirkwood Community Center. They hold a special day for dogs the last day when they close the pool for the year. They have a blast.blue dog
Riley

Licker

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 8:46am PST 
Can you give me more info on the kirkwood pool? Is it too late now?
Thanks!
Liebeschen

is it naptime?

Barked: Wed Oct 8, '08 7:23am PST 
washington state park...which is here and not in washington...heehee.
http://www.mostateparks.com/washington.htm

http://www.huzzahvalley.com/
we went canooing with my dog last year and he had a blast...lots of places to pull up and picnic and enjoy a swim