PETA's Advertising Campaigns

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nina Angel

Smaller Than I- Think

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '07 6:56am PST 
http://www.peta.org/shop.asp

The picture to the furthest left depicts a woman in a leaf bikini. And...that has something to do with animal rights...how?
-----------------
http://www.peta2.com/stuff/s-glamo urkills.asp

Fashion statements don't help promote animal rights. Sorry.
----------------------
http://www.peta2.com/STUFF/s-wetnwil d.asp

Neither does make up. "Free" make up.
-----------------------
http://www.peta2.com/p2vsk2_flash/

Thi s "What they didn't tell you" E-Card, as it's called, states that being Vegitarian = being more healthy, when in reality, something that PETA obviously can't comprehend, people who don't eat meat or dairy, don't get the protein they need, which could result in serious health problems in older years. Nuts, beans, and peas, isn't enough to keep you "super healthy". THAT'S something they didn't tell you.

I'll post more if I find more. It seems PETA is just making up facts to win over teenagers, children, and adults alike.
Zelda

I solemnly swear- that I'm up to- no good

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 5:04am PST 
The only campaign of PETA's that I've thought was cool was the "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" one.

But all the bad overshadows that.
Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 12:45pm PST 
I am from British Columbia Canada. I lived 5 blocks away from the Pickton Pig farm where Robert Pickton stands accused of torturing and killing 27 prostitutes from the down town East side of Vancouver. My mom's best friend is the Aunty to one of the girls who's remains have been found on his property.

So when PETA decided to use this serial killer's trial to help advertise their views, I was one of the first to cry out in disbelief!!!

Standing on the side of the highway, not 14 blocks away from where the pig farm sits, PETA put up a billboard. It had a picture of a homeless woman on one side and a pig on the other, in the middle written in big black letters was "Neither of us are meat" (this because Pickton is accused of feeding the remains of the women to his pigs).

They did this one year from when the police first raided the farm and while they were still investigating and finding more evidence that there were far more prostitutes than originally thought. They were attempting to use the deaths of almost 30 women to further their agenda. Luckily the authorities ordered them to take this down, I can only imagine what the families of the victims felt when they first saw this.

So this just goes to show what lengths they will go to to make you think the way they want you to.

Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 1:25pm PST 
Venninne, that is horrible... frown
Gabrielle FM

Easy, Breezy,- Beautiful...- Gabby Girl

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 2:28pm PST 
Let's not forget the "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign where they tried to compare slaughtering livestock for food to the murder of millions of Jews for no reason.

I always wondered if a PETA employee could look a Jewish woman in the eyes and say the slaughter of a cow for food is the same thing as the slaughter of the woman's mother, or father, or brother, or sister.

I'm still waiting for the campaign that tries to compare eating meat to 9/11. Maybe then people will realize how crazy PETA is.
Zelda

Barked: Tue Jul 17, '07 12:16pm PST 
Thi s "What they didn't tell you" E-Card, as it's called, states that being Vegitarian = being more healthy, when in reality, something that PETA obviously can't comprehend, people who don't eat meat or dairy, don't get the protein they need, which could result in serious health problems in older years. Nuts, beans, and peas, isn't enough to keep you "super healthy". THAT'S something they didn't tell you.

You actually CAN get enough protein as a vegetarian - I did it for 7 years and I was very healthy. You can't just live on pasta and fruit, you have to get tofu, nuts, soy, and dairy (if you're not vegan).
Nina Angel

Smaller Than I- Think

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 7:04am PST 
If you eat enough of it, yes. But the majority of vegitarians who become that way because of PETA don't know all the facts. They don't do RESEARCH on the diet before they conform to it.

I congratulate you for doing well on it though. It's just not for everyone. Especially those who have no idea what they're doing and are just doing it because of PETA propaganda.
Chance

Butt scratches- appreciated.

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 9:22am PST 
PETA has good information about vegetarian diets,and YOU CAN be very healthy on a veggie diet.Even so,they really push the fact that it's "unhealthy" to eat meat.It's unhealthy to overeat anything.Those whom are naive will learn sooner or later how to organize their vegetarian diet.

Though,not to get way too off-topic,I dislike most of PETA's campaigns.They're just too radical for me.I partly liked the 'rather-go-naked-than-wear-fur' one,but then again,I don't see how vulgarity does any good to combat it.I'm on the fence on that one.

Otherwise,the outrightly crazed crusades like 'Holocaust on Your Plate' are just uncongenial.
Zelda

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 6:45pm PST 
I don't think the naked one was really vulgar. It showed that they were nude, but didn't show any actual naughty bits. It was implied
GINGER - i ♥- you Cozmo

Cozmo + Ginger=- True Love and- only love.

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:04pm PST 
who cares just try to stop peta go to you tube and look up peta it is soo sad they animals in small cages and they drop them on the floor from like 20ft to 10ft up high its sad! pllz stop peta plz read us at dogster!!! your hurting us plz!!cry ur killing my cousins,friends plzcry
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2