Agility

Abigail Earlene of Shanondale

Barking is my- Life.

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 5:37pm PST 
Have any of you tried agility with your Pyr?

So we wouldn't win for speed...it looks funsnoopy
Jack, CGC

It's hot out- here, can we go- inside?

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 10:04am PST 
No, but we are interested in it for both Jack (our Pyr) and Great (our Swissy). Jack especially LOVES going to the playground and running around on all the equipment there. He runs up the steps and goes down the slide over and over again, by himself! They also have a tire that he jumps through and a tunnel that he runs through, so I think he would really enjoy a "just for fun" agility class. Once he's mostly done growing (so we don't stress out his joints with the jumps) I think we'll definitely enroll him in one.

You're right about the speed though, I'm sure he won't be the fastest one there!
Opal

Let me think- about that

Barked: Thu Jun 26, '08 7:35am PST 
Hi, I just joined this group and I know this post is kind of old now but I just wanted to say that Opal loves agility. It is so good for her too. It really helps her to listen to me and move in the direction I'm asking and with agility, it's always fun, even when they make mistakes. We just laugh and ask again. She's pretty motivated by the hotdog treats I only use during agility, that's the trick is finding what motivates them and sometimes that's hard to do with a Pyr, and Opal is only part Pyr, but I love her independent nature which is surely Pyr. Good luck http://www.dogster.com/forums/post.php#