How'd you get your name?

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Bailey

You gonna eat- that?

Barked: Fri Jul 14, '06 3:33pm PST 
Hi everyone! I see one of the Baileys in the group was named for George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life." That got me to wondering how other Baileys got their name. I'm a rescue dog (lucky me!), so my new parents don't know why/how I got my name. (It's a great name--lucky squared!) It's like my little secret! Do any of you have stories about your name? I'd love to know!
Woof, Bailey from Brooklyn
Bailey

"LET'S GET- WET!!!"

Barked: Sat Jul 15, '06 9:05pm PST 
hey bailey from brooklyn--
mommy named me after some creme liquor, cause she said that was the color of my fur when I was a wee pup--but now she said I should be called "red", not because I'm a redhead, but because I am a little demon????? bol

labbie licks to all
Bailey

Ain't no- lovin...like- Schnauzer lovin

Barked: Wed Jul 19, '06 2:14am PST 
My mum is a huge RedSkins Fan...I don't have any idea whats a "Redskin"but it sounds like food. Anyway Champ Bailey was her favorite player.
Bailey

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Wed Jul 19, '06 9:05am PST 
My Mommy has just always liked the name Bailey. It's that simple!
Bailey

Got peanut- butter?

Barked: Thu Jul 20, '06 5:36pm PST 
Mama says I was named after George Bailey too, but daddy says I was named for Bailey's Irish Creme. At least they agreed on the name. Sounds like my parents think like some of yours.
Bailey ~~~~

Hugs & thoughts- for all who need- it!!

Barked: Fri Jul 21, '06 5:00pm PST 
My mom & dad's 1st dog was named Tex. Then came Houston. So to follow along in the Texas theme, they found a "Bailey" in a Texas map! Tex & Houston are in doggie heaven now, but I have a sister named "Meadow" (again from a Texas map). I think they are silly though cause we live in Michigan.
Bailey

Little Terror

Barked: Thu Jul 27, '06 4:20pm PST 
Dad wanted to name me Mira, and mom wasn't gonna let that one slide. Mom went on the internet and searched dog names and as soon as she saw Bailey, she knew she didn't have to look any further.
Bailey

Can I have some- of that? - Please!

Barked: Fri Jul 28, '06 12:26pm PST 
My mom and dad had me named three years before they even found me!! They just like that name a lot...no other reason then that! They also wanted to get me a kitty sister named Dora, but that was before dad found out he was allergic (whatever that means). So now I can't have a kitty sister, but sometimes they think they'd like to get me a puppy sister. That is until I go on a crazy rampage in the house and they decide that one is enough....oh well!
Bailey

Bailey - the sock- stealer!

Barked: Tue Aug 22, '06 10:53am PST 
I was named after the Irish Creme, too - Dukes' Baileys Irish Creme Mocha in full! 'Course, it's cause that's what color I am.
Bailey

Barked: Tue Aug 22, '06 6:50pm PST 
Named after Doctor Bailey on Grey's Anatomy because she is Mommy's favorite. This was just an option until Mommy saw the name Bailey when flipping through a Maya Angelou story and knew it was meant to be!
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3