Rockin' Recipes!

Molly

Hear all! See- all! Chase all!

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 8:14am PST 
Hi Everyone!

I thought we might like a place where we could share our recipes!

Mom LOVES trying new recipes...and we love taste-testing them...laugh out loud YUMMMMMMMM!!

So if you have a favorite recipe you would like to share..we would love you to post it here! Any type of recipe ... desert .... appetizer ... casserole ..summer drink...Any type at all!!!!

This thread is for the Human Folk. I will start a separate thread for us !

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
Molly

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 8:18am PST 
OK....My first recipe is one that I just got from our wonderful friend Annie's Mom... Just got it yesterday..and hope to be trying it out this week some time...

SQUASH CASSEROLE

From Annie's Mom: "You can alter this to meet your tastes, like I add more butter and what ever squash I have around. Today I mixed zucchini with it. I use less onion too. I also mix the dressing in with the squash, not just on top.. "

1 1/2 lbs yellow squash sliced
1 sm onion
1 T. butter
3/4 T sour cream
3/4 c Pepperidge Farm Dried Herb Dressing

Boil together squash and onion; pour out excess water, add butter and mash. Add other ingredients and sprinkle dressing on top
Bake at 350 until firm, but not dry, about 20 minutes serves 6-8

Sounds delicious! Especially for those of us who LOVE vegetables!

snoopysnoopysnoopy
Casey - Always &- Forever

Gimme Treats!- Play Ball! Love- Me!

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 8:22am PST 
Here's a recipe from our wonderful friend Kiara's Mom.. We will be trying this one out very soon also!!

TOMATO PIE

1 deep dish pie shell
4 or 5 fresh summer tomatoes- be sure to drain in a collander
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. chopped green onions & tops
ten fresh basil leaves chopped
1 c. Cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozerella (grated)
1/2 c. mayonnaise

Bake pie shell 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Peel and slice tomatoes and place in shell, after cooling crust. Sprinkle salt and pepper over. Toss green onions and basil and sprinkle over. Mix mayonnaise and cheeses and spread over pie. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

hamster dancehamster dance

Gotta LOVE those summer veges!!! We SO miss our garden fresh tomatoes!!

Brandi

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 8:26am PST 
This recipe comes from our special friend Trooper and Wendy's Mom! We tried this recipe out already. In fact.....Mom has already made 3 batches...and these muffins are scrumptious!!!

ZUCCHINI MUFFINS

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini, packed
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp canola oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases or spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, lemon zest, canola oil, egg and milk, stirring well.

Make a well in the dry ingredients; add zucchini mixture, raisins and walnuts. Stir until just moist. Do not over mix. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Per muffin: Calories 172, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.5g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 185mg, Carbohydrate 29g, Fiber 2g, Protein 4g

Gotta try these!! You'll love 'em!!!way to go

Edited by author Mon Jul 13, '09 8:26am PST

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 8:42am PST 
I have to correct myself...

The Tomato Pie recipe is from Kiara AND Cyrus' Mom......

Sorry Cyrus my friend....I didn't mean to leave you out....big grin
LUCY

Bark at- everything!

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 9:58am PST 
Anyone for dessert?cheer
This is a recipe for a cake that mom always takes to pot lucks and showers and stuff. It was her mom's recipe and a family favorite. It's very EASY also.

Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 devils food cake mix box
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 12oz package chocolate chips
1 and 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs

Combine all in a bowl and mix by hand until well blended...about 2-3 minutes. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan(mom usus that PAM for baking).
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes...do not overbake
cool 15 or so on rack...or mom puts the bundt pan on an empty beer bottlelaugh out loud When cool, remove from pan.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

It's very yummy...the choc chips don't really melt and he cake is very moist.

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 7:05am PST 
Oh Lucy.... This recipe sounds SOOOOOO good!! Mom's making a list right now and is heading off to the market.....

snoopysnoopy
Geena

You can never- ignore me

Barked: Sun Jul 19, '09 10:32pm PST 
Oh, our mouths are watering so much after reading these yummy recipes dancing My mom can't get this recipe out of her mind for some reason, so she decided to leave it here. We usually have it with baked sweet potatoes, and I think it is very good big grin Now we have a meal! dog

Baked Dijon Salmon

1/4 cup Butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon-style Mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons Honey

1/4 cup dry Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped Pecans
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley

Salmon filets
(about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs.)
1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard and honey.
In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
3. Brush each salmon filet with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the top of the filets with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake salmon until it flakes easily with a fork,
approximately 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and
garnish with a wedge of lemon.

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 2:43pm PST 
Geena....Yummy!! We just love salmon in our house... and Mom is always looking for new ways to make it!! snoopysnoopysnoopy

Lucy....Just had your cake...and it is SOOOOO good!! Diet-busting....but scrumptious!! big laugh
Molly

Barked: Tue Jun 15, '10 3:04am PST 
Mom is a big fan of Dr. Andrew Weil. "Dr. Weil, MD, is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine." Mom loves his books...as well as lots of his recipes.

Here is link to a list of some of his recommended recipes....

http://www.drweil.com/drw/ecs/common/recipe.html